Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

No VMAs, GMA or Apple Music Festival for Perfect Illusion?

Slayer

Featured Posts

Iwontell
4 minutes ago, Weasel said:

G.U.Y. got zero performances and look how that ended though. 

It was the end of an album cycle - in which everything that could've gone wrong did happen - and the public was simply tired of her...not to mention it's not her best song or video...she could've promoted it any way she wanted, it would still do poorly commercially...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slayer
1 minute ago, iMonster said:

But Gaga doesn't need that. Honestly. As cheesy as it may sound as long as she produces a quality record it'll sell. 

If radio promotion, TV appearances and the quality of the record is great that's all she'll need. 

No one knew anything about "Hello" she didn't perform it anywhere and look how that turned out. I feel like people will be willing to HEAR/give a new Gaga song a shot. She just has to deliver which I believe she will. 

Tbf we don't know yet if Gaga CAN sell on quality alone. Every single album campaign has been an intensive onslaught of promotion. BTW was probably one of the biggest album campaigns ever. I mean, it's no wonder Gaga burnt out when she worked that hard for so long.

What I'm saying is, we don't know if Gaga can have the success of '25' or 'Lemonade' with minimal promotion. If she doesn't plan to do as much promotion this time around, it's a huge risk. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

RAMROD

No, tbh. ARTPOP era are totally different.

We already got album announcement few weeks before Applause came out, hence was why she can perform at big events such as VMA and Swine Fest.

Remember this poster?

gaga_2615776b.jpg

This poster were released July 12 2013

And then Applause released on August 19 2013

But now, we don't even have exact date for new single yet, let alone album, so I don't even know why some of you actually expecting her to perform in Apple Music Festival this year, she cannot just promote a song there.

Just let the new era roll first, let the new song released first and see what comes for it. Don't be so hasty tbh.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LaMaisonGaga
20 minutes ago, Slayer said:

tumblr_inline_o4w8g61L1u1rfq1xx_500.gif

Yeah, I think there are still many more opportunities. Perhaps she and Bobby are aiming to take things slower this time, so that Gaga can work over a longer period of time. Maybe the initial Applause era was way too much for Gaga and that's why the album era burnt out so quickly (aside from the other obvious reasons).

At least I'm an ass who said the truth so you deal with it! :hug::gaycat: 

lamaisongaga.com

Slayer
Just now, ARTPOPthatbooty said:

At least I'm an ass who said the truth so you deal with it! :hug::gaycat: 

Your 'truth' didn't even make sense because I was talking about specific promotional opportunities and you just assumed I was complaining that she hadn't done anything yet. So. :v: 

Weasel
11 minutes ago, Iwontell said:

It was the end of an album cycle - in which everything that could've gone wrong did happen - and the public was simply tired of her...not to mention it's not her best song or video...she could've promoted it any way she wanted, it would still do poorly commercially...

Tired of her? She only released one video almost half a year before that for the entire era? They were tired of her during BTW, during ARTPOP nobody cared, there's a difference. 

danwasd

Y'all now 9/30 is still September (and a friday), don't you? :madge:

So, buy ARTPOP on iTunes and chill the **** out 

marinajoyce.jpg

iMonster
4 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Tbf we don't know yet if Gaga CAN sell on quality alone. Every single album campaign has been an intensive onslaught of promotion. BTW was probably one of the biggest album campaigns ever. I mean, it's no wonder Gaga burnt out when she worked that hard for so long.

What I'm saying is, we don't know if Gaga can have the success of '25' or 'Lemonade' with minimal promotion. If she doesn't plan to do as much promotion this time around, it's a huge risk. 

Because of her type of contract with Interscope they have to do that though. Her deal is very promotion heavy because she's in a 360. Heavy promo comes as one of the "positives".

My point is. . . the fans at times worry about the things in which Gaga doesn't really care about. Music will win at the end. It may not be something people want to hear or want to accept but that's the type of artist I believe Gaga to be. That's the way it should be. 

For some reason I feel this will be the album that delivers the most "quality" for gp. Idk I just feel like this will be a critically acclaimed album and she'll show what she's made of. 

Iwontell
2 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Tired of her? She only released one video almost half a year before that for the entire era? They were tired of her during BTW, during ARTPOP nobody cared, there's a difference. 

All press she got during ARTPOP's promotion was negative, she became the butt of every jk that was made about pop music...that's not "not caring", that's wanting somebody to go away...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Slayer
2 minutes ago, iMonster said:

Because of her type of contract with Interscope they have to do that though. Her deal is very promotion heavy because she's in a 360. Heavy promo comes as one of the "positives".

My point is. . . the fans at times worry about the things in which Gaga doesn't really care about. Music will win at the end. It may not be something people want to hear or want to accept but that's the type of artist I believe Gaga to be. That's the way it should be. 

For some reason I feel this will be the album that delivers the most "quality" for gp. Idk I just feel like this will be a critically acclaimed album and she'll show what she's made of. 

Yes I believe that too. I think it will definitely be critically acclaimed... I just hope that it doesn't come at the cost of minimal promotion.

I think what happened after the ARTPOP era and Gaga's complaints about being overworked and mismanaged, we can probably expect a much less intensive campaign. I don't mind that. Her health is the most important thing. But let's just hope we at least get a GRAMMYs performance. :giveup:

Weasel
2 minutes ago, Iwontell said:

All press she got during ARTPOP's promotion was negative, she became the butt of every jk that was made about pop music...that's not "not caring", that's wanting somebody to go away...

The music didn't appeal to the public, regardless of negative press or not. It's not like anybody actually reads articles about Gaga besides us anyways. Justin Bieber gets negative press all day and he still gets that #1 position. 

Anyways, the point is, she needs the promo and no she's not some superstar who's above that like Adele or Beyonce. Not at this time at least and G.U.Y. shows it. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS

the moment it's released there is going to be a music video and that is the most important performance of them all

Slayer
10 minutes ago, danwasd said:

Y'all now 9/30 is still September (and a friday), don't you? :madge:

So, buy ARTPOP on iTunes and chill the **** out 

marinajoyce.jpg

MARINAAAAA

200.gif

LaMaisonGaga
26 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Your 'truth' didn't even make sense because I was talking about specific promotional opportunities and you just assumed I was complaining that she hadn't done anything yet. So.  

It made enough sense for a dozen of members to like it so whatever you say, it's irrelevant :sis: 

lamaisongaga.com

Slayer
Just now, ARTPOPthatbooty said:

It made enough sense for a dozen of members to like it so whatever you say, it's irrelevant :sis: 

Wonder how many actually read the OP though, because I was clearly referring to three specific events. :lolga:

Archived