Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Perfect Illusion DEBUT?

BuzzcutSeason

Perfect Illusion's Debut on the HOT 100  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Perfect Illusion debut on the H100?

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, malazam said:

That's not totally true, 1D never had a #1

I'm not a Directioner and I streamed the hell out of Zayn's 'pillowtalk' because it was a good song

'Poker Face' views are still blowing up, in the first six months of 2016 it got the biggest amount of views since its release in 2009.

People are there for her, when they see she's back with new (good-catchy music) they are going to support it.

And those people are not young anymore. Gaga hasn't got the youth demographic yet, which plays a huge part in streaming. And you know how important that is. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BuzzcutSeason
4 minutes ago, malazam said:

There's a difference, Katy's single was a 'buzz single' (like TIHTY), KP has the GP, 'Rise' is not a good song, the GP didn't like it, it's simple.

Gaga has now the GP on her side (just like 2010 from another perspective of coruse -maturity-), if we (the LM's) do the promo without it being annoying we can make them buy it

and the GP is thirsty for her, just go into 'Poker Face' video, everyone is asking 'where is her'

1 minute ago, malazam said:

That's not totally true, 1D never had a #1

I'm not a Directioner and I streamed the hell out of Zayn's 'pillowtalk' because it was a good song

'Poker Face' views are still blowing up, in the first six months of 2016 it got the biggest amount of views since its release in 2009.

People are there for her, when they see she's back with new (good-catchy music) they are going to support it.

No one besides stans and fans really care what type of release it was. RISE wasn't exactly a buzz single, it was a stand alone single for the Olympic Games getting huge promo (even for just a buzz single). Gaga has people on her side, but she has a lot to do with people on streaming services. its more like, gaga will eventually get better with streaming but right now and in the first week, it's not likely. Her streaming power isn't instant. Also, Zayn is a new artist with a younger crowd and he got people paying attention which is why Pillow Talk caught on super quick. 1D turned into album sellers with less single appeal (funny actually).

Youtube views are in streaming but it on demand streaming is more important (spotify, apple music), and unless she releases the full music video, Top 3 is basically outta the question. Youtube would prolly be her strongest point.

malazam
1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

And those people are not young anymore. Gaga hasn't got the youth demographic yet, which plays a huge part in streaming. And you know how important that is. 

Well yeah, that's really important but I mean, 'Work' did it...

I don't want to use the comments about 'PI' as excuses but it seems to be a good song.

Get the Alejandro candles ready!

another shot before we kiss the other side

RadioIsOurs

Now I understand why people don't think she needs to promote it any awards show. Delusions...

Born To Slay

With its m/v debut, iTunes banners, a great radio deal and good placement on Spotify, then it would debut top 3, maybe even the top spot if we r lucky.

she really needs to focus BIG on streaming or #1 is not gonna happen

she's soo far behind many big names on spotify and we have to help her out kiddos

I wanna see you all putting Perfect Illusion on repeat on Spotify 24/7 okay?

auFihfd.gif

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

RadioIsOurs
Just now, malazam said:

I don't want to use the comments about 'PI' as excuses but it seems to be a good song.

But Work still debuted at #9. And she still had minor hits like FFS and BBHMM in the past year to keep her relevant. And Work sounds very modern and trendy too. But you guys want PI to sound like novelty and still debut at #1. Is that not delusional?

GagaTheExplorer

Bad Romance debuted at #8 peaked at #2 x7 weeks

Born This Way debuted and peaked at #1 x6 weeks

Applause debuted at #6 and peaked #4 x1 week

Perfect Illusion should debut at top 5 very likely #1 if she releases the music video the same day

BuzzcutSeason

Work is the younger audience. Rihanna has gone in a more rhythmic direction which is more popular on streaming, and she's a newer artist with songs that have always been attached to almost every audience. Certain people are drawn to streaming and some aren't. Gaga will probably have better sales than Rihanna, but Rihanna has better streaming. (Rihanna actually has both but i mean :staymad:)

YeehawKylie

Honestly, I think #1. He follow up to ARTPOP is long overdue and anticipated. In the last three years she has really won over a broader audience. Plus, I expect it'll be a really good song .

BuzzcutSeason

I really hope this song eventually gets to number one, but this is still a comeback. Maybe this era will have a twist and single #2 will be her TOXIC and smash everything.

BuzzcutSeason

Gaga's events have gained her respect, and most of it has been from an older audience tho. Jazz Music and Traditional Events.

malazam
2 minutes ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

Work is the younger audience. Rihanna has gone in a more rhythmic direction which is more popular on streaming, and she's a newer artist with songs that have always been attached to almost every audience. Certain people are drawn to streaming and some aren't. Gaga will probably have better sales than Rihanna, but Rihanna has better streaming. (Rihanna actually has both but i mean :staymad:)

Guys, being realistic is something and rag your favourite artist is another thing.

She sold a 1 million copie with a jazz album, is not the same, she sang to a 110 million audience which lead to a +100m (combined amounts) performance in about what? less than a week? Shared thousands and thousands of time by younger audience who were not LM's

Literally half of the 4m Super Bowl hashtag was about Gaga. AHS is coming too, if it doesn't debut at #1 it will reach it.

I know they are different artists and have different audiences but Gaga has her audience, a lot of people left in 2013 and didn't support her but I'm pretty sure they're back.

Let's wait and see, does she have competition tho? (:awesome:

another shot before we kiss the other side

BuzzcutSeason

Guys, being realistic is something and rag your favourite artist is another thing.

She sold a 1 million copie with a jazz album, is not the same, she sang to a 110 million audience which lead to a +100m (combined amounts) performance in about what? less than a week? Shared thousands and thousands of time by younger audience who were not LM's

Literally half of the 4m Super Bowl hashtag was about Gaga. AHS is coming too, if it doesn't debut at #1 it will reach it.

I know they are different artists and have different audiences but Gaga has her audience, a lot of people left in 2013 and didn't support her but I'm pretty sure they're back.

Let's wait and see, does she have competition tho? (:awesome:

Not likely, she'll probably be the biggest person of the week. I think she can get to the top spot eventually in other weeks, but for a debut gaga still has things to prove and new audiences. Nothing she's done has gained her that younger audience or demographic. I'm apart of that younger demographic and most people think she's actually 40 and done with. The Jazz album, super bowl and academy performance were all respected but all of it brought in mainly an older audience. Tony isn't really bringing in that new youth audience.

Archived