Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

VMAs by the numbers

abductee

Featured Posts

Born To Slay
5 minutes ago, abductee said:

I'm aware of that, a lot of the other numbers increased because of broadcasts on other channels, live streams etc so I only included the initial broadcast numbers for all of them.

And I agree about the hits! I'm not trying to argue that she should definitely not perform, just that she doesn't necessarily need to as it seems the VMAs are bigger in our heads than they actually are.

1. Okay but that unfairly disadvantages last years show in particular and makes it look like a massive flop when it performed just as well most other VMAs

2. I agree that Gaga doesn't need to perform at the VMAs to get a hit but it would definitely help and they are a big deal. They get a lot of viewers and very often are the center of the media for the next week. 

abductee
5 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

VMAs boost sale and target a younger demographic that Gaga has lost, last time the younger kids remembered her it was Applause. It also boosts sales by a lot and millions of people see her, especially with Beyonce, britney, and Rihanna ratings will be super high. The VMAs don't need Gaga, she needs them. If she doesn't release her single on 8/26 and perform, it will be a big mistake since she needs the exposure. 

The idea that Gaga needs exposure is pretty laughable considering her over-exposure nearly killed her career. She did huge work to fix the public's perception of her with the two Oscars performances, and that younger demographic has the attention span of a few weeks. She just needs a good song and excellent delivery.

Killa

Great job, very good really.

The VMAS were great ago, i can imagine that if this was 2000 and something, if Gaga was to appear all casual, if very well done it could have a lot of impact. Nowadays it's just not that important and could damage her new era, if she wants to appear as stripped down and "authentic" etc.

Maybe it's just not worthy. It's also important to note who are the people watching these shows. Are these kids even the demographic she's going after?

After such a long time to get the whole game running again and getting up after the backlash from over exposure, bizarre costumes/behaviours, big plataforms might not even be the most important.

Having a VH1 storytellers, radio acoustic sessions and slowly building it up until the album comes, can be more lucrative at a long term. She's pretty well known and has connections. What she needs this time around isn't to appear but to stay true to her art. And be interesting, exciting without looking desesperate

abductee
10 minutes ago, Killa said:

Great job, very good really.

The VMAS were great ago, i can imagine that if this was 2000 and something, if Gaga was to appear all casual, if very well done it could have a lot of impact. Nowadays it's just not that important and could damage her new era, if she wants to appear as stripped down and "authentic" etc.

I think the vision of the VMAs many of us have is still that of the early 2000s VMAs. When you HAD to tune in to see your favorite artist. To see what they're wearing, what they sing, etc. But all of that young demographic followers her on insta, they see her snapchats, tweets, facebook posts. They don't need to watch the VMAs to know what she's doing. 

They already know about Perfect Illusion and they're going to listen to with or without a performance using their parents Apple Music account. Gaga has hundreds of ways that she can choose to connect to the public with, it doesn't have to be the VMAs.

GagaTheExplorer

so this is the thread were you tried to convince to yourself that you don't want Gaga performing at the VMAs, and being part of the big names once again along with Beyoncé, Rihanna, Katy, Adele, Britney etc?

cute...

I know VMAs are annoying as hell because they are licking too much the asss of Beyoncé and snubbing all  Gaga's Videos after Judas. But she should be there and prove everyone that she's back

Archived