Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My ANTI Tour experience

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

Let me start by saying that I'm not that into Rihanna. I'm kind of a hater. Well, not really a hater but totally indifferent towards her. I bop to her bops and that's it. I ignored ANTi  and kiiiied throughout the whole thing. Since the only thing you hear is how much of a shitty performer she is (except from her stans lol), plus all the European ANTI tour messes, plus the fact that I don't care that much for her (I originally bought my tickets mainly for the Weeknd but he canceled :madge:) I went in with less than zero expectations.

It's kind of hard to be objective about how good a tour is, at least for me, because no matter what I always have fun and I can't get past the shine of seeing real live pop girls (it always slays let's be real). But if I'm being completely honest I was kind of slayed. At least I was the second it was over, but now that I digested it it was kind of really average tbh.

To start with the postives, she was on time and she was amazing. Like, this girl really slays, she has so much swag and is just so COOL in the not ironic sense of the word that it's just crazy. Her blonde weave looked amazing too. BUT tbh the show is just her, she carries the whole thing, and that's not saying much. Other than the scripted "Hi *name of city* I'm so happy to be here!!!1111!11!2" she didn't say much and I though it was a shame because she could have easily slayed a proper audience interaction (her personality is one of her main strenghts imo).

The setlist was also a mess and all over the place. I'll say that the show kind of made me get into all those ANTI idkher.gif songs, but it was SO SHORT and missing so many songs. Literally, it was just like 1h15 and 3/4 were shortened songs. Like gorl :what:. If you're going to put a Formation Tour kind of thing with a heavy 2 hour+  production, I would still have been pissed, but I would have gotten it. But here she was going trough the songs faster than she patted her ***. She also sang like only half the time and always let the backtrack take over (I noticed this watching some videos afterwards).

Also, everything from that truly awful merch to the stage (which still looked really cool) to the costumes (which also looked good) were SUUUUUCH a Kanye West rip off. Like, I couldn't believe he didn't get into one of those annoying rants about it because everything was totally ripped off.

It's such a shame because the show has (had?) potential to be so great with a few tweaks here and there, but the entire thing felt so half assed and assembled in three weeks. I mean, Katy is kind of a shitty performer too but she always puts on a great show. Not that Rihanna should do what she does, but if Katy can hide behind great productions and play her strengths, so can she.

I mean, I still had fun during that entire hour lol, but this was in no way shape or form a Stadium Tour.

So yeah, I'm happy that I saw her because she's a pretty important figure in music but I don't think I'm going to spend money on her again.

(the vogueing/party segment SNATCHED though :diane:)

who will love me when the night is over

Nicogly

That's so bad for you, I mean, it probably was expensive. Oh well, at least you had fun, right?

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

KURUSHITOVSKA

Everyone says the same tbh all my friends still saying Madonna's RHTour is still their best fron 2015-16

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

ApplauseftAdele
21 minutes ago, Spock said:

Let me start by saying that I'm not that into Rihanna. I'm kind of a hater. Well, not really a hater but totally indifferent towards her. I bop to her bops and that's it. I ignored ANTi  and kiiiied throughout the whole thing. Since the only thing you hear is how much of a shitty performer she is (except from her stans lol), plus all the European ANTI tour messes, plus the fact that I don't care that much for her (I originally bought my tickets mainly for the Weeknd but he canceled :madge:) I went in with less than zero expectations.

It's kind of hard to be objective about how good a tour is, at least for me, because no matter what I always have fun and I can't get past the shine of seeing real live pop girls (it always slays let's be real). But if I'm being completely honest I was kind of slayed. At least I was the second it was over, but now that I digested it it was kind of really average tbh.

To start with the postives, she was on time and she was amazing. Like, this girl really slays, she has so much swag and is just so COOL in the not ironic sense of the word that it's just crazy. Her blonde weave looked amazing too. BUT tbh the show is just her, she carries the whole thing, and that's not saying much. Other than the scripted "Hi *name of city* I'm so happy to be here!!!1111!11!2" she didn't say much and I though it was a shame because she could have easily slayed a proper audience interaction (her personality is one of her main strenghts imo).

The setlist was also a mess and all over the place. I'll say that the show kind of made me get into all those ANTI idkher.gif songs, but it was SO SHORT and missing so many songs. Literally, it was just like 1h15 and 3/4 were shortened songs. Like gorl :what:. If you're going to put a Formation Tour kind of thing with a heavy 2 hour+  production, I would still have been pissed, but I would have gotten it. But here she was going trough the songs faster than she patted her ***. She also sang like only half the time and always let the backtrack take over (I noticed this watching some videos afterwards).

Also, everything from that truly awful merch to the stage (which still looked really cool) to the costumes (which also looked good) were SUUUUUCH a Kanye West rip off. Like, I couldn't believe he didn't get into one of those annoying rants about it because everything was totally ripped off.

It's such a shame because the show has (had?) potential to be so great with a few tweaks here and there, but the entire thing felt so half assed and assembled in three weeks. I mean, Katy is kind of a shitty performer too but she always puts on a great show. Not that Rihanna should do what she does, but if Katy can hide behind great productions and play her strengths, so can she.

I mean, I still had fun during that entire hour lol, but this was in no way shape or form a Stadium Tour.

So yeah, I'm happy that I saw her because she's a pretty important figure in music but I don't think I'm going to spend money on her again.

(the vogueing/party segment SNATCHED though :diane:)

what songs are the voguing party segment?

Spock
6 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

what songs are the voguing party segment?

Take Care, WFL/How Deep Is Your Love, Where Have You Been

who will love me when the night is over

Ferrer Zorola
41 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Everyone says the same tbh all my friends still saying Madonna's RHTour is still their best fron 2015-16

for me RH was Madonna's worst tour ever

anyways, I like your avatar! :green: 

LIFE IS GOOD

KURUSHITOVSKA
Just now, Ferrer Zorola said:

for me RH was Madonna's worst tour ever

anyways, I like your avatar! :green: 

But it was better than ANTi and her worst is Drowned tbh

Duella Dvil
59 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

But it was better than ANTi and her worst is Drowned tbh

Blonde Ambition and MDNA tours are both overrated.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

LaLuna
19 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

Blonde Ambition and MDNA tours are both overrated.

Really? I thought Blonde Ambition was her most iconic tour? 

Anyway, in response to the OP, I'm sorry the show sucked, but that was to be expected. Rihanna has to be the laziest pop star around. 

Duella Dvil
5 minutes ago, TheCountess said:

Really? I thought Blonde Ambition was her most iconic tour? 

Anyway, in response to the OP, I'm sorry the show sucked, but that was to be expected. Rihanna has to be the laziest pop star around. 

Not when LG5 doesnt exist

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Born To Slay
2 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

That was a great tour, I saw it last September and it was amazing. 

KURUSHITOVSKA
3 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

That was a great tour, I saw it last September and it was amazing. 

I still feel the Illuminati Interlude as one of the best things i've experienced in a live show. Unbelievable

Born To Slay
7 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

I still feel the Illuminati Interlude as one of the best things i've experienced in a live show. Unbelievable

Same, I was so slayed. 

Archived