music news

KP4 to be released in Q4

yASSsss

Featured Posts

monketsharona
14 minutes ago, kevindjibouti said:

We never know :)

Rise is a success man, definitely not a flop

though a big underperformance for the return of Katy Perry especially knowing it is produced by Max Martin...

The song is catchy and made for radio but it failed to hit top 10, radios updates are already slowing down and streaming / views are not as good as expected...

That's definitely not a flop but not a hit too... Pretty sure she and her team expected far better for Rise perfomances in charts..

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
10 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

If she is such a force,Why Rise is flopping so hard on the charts despite having 2 MVs and a NBC dealarilol.gif

she hasnt promoted it anywhere.. only on DNC

Serendipity
2 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

oh is that so?that's not what you felt about Rise when it was released.You were so sure of it's success arilol.gif

it did become the biggest hit of her career in France and went #1 in Australia, so....

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Creyk
39 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

Instead of a meaningful album full with personal songs, she's probably just looking for basic beats on Lukes laptop now :nails:

*insert ET flopping in UK video here*

Since no one else is working with him now, He will probably give the absolute best of the best of his material to Katy...specially if she stays with him when everyone else ditched and dragged him. Honestly I would live for their collaborations, at the end of the day Luke is a musical genius and that's all that really matters. Katy will keep serving quality this era :saira:

A Very Gaga Holida
3 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

though a big underperformance for the return of Katy Perry especially knowing it is produced by Max Martin...

The song is catchy and made for radio but it failed to hit top 10, radios updates are already slowing down and streaming / views are not as good as expected...

That's definitely not a flop but not a hit too... Pretty sure she and her team expected far better for Rise perfomances in charts..

It's not Katy's return. And it wasn't expected to be a hit like Roar, they don't want it to overshadow the lead single that is coming.

Creyk
4 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

It's true that Rise underperformed but this will just make them plan the release of the actual lead single better. Because now they know she can't just slay because of her name, she has to do things right. I'm sure she will.

kvnrp
Just now, Creyk said:

Since no one else is working with him now, He will probably give the absolute best of the best of his material to Katy...specially if she stays with him when everyone else ditched and dragged him. Honestly I would live for their collaborations, at the end of the day Luke is a musical genius and that's all that really matters. Katy will keep serving quality this era :saira:

I do like most of his productions (he and Martin are dominating my playlist tbh), but this whole Kesha thing is just always there and just kinda ruins the mood when you think of it again :/

5 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I think Katy wrote most of the song, and Max had the most input on the pre-chorus (which is really good tbh).
Sometimes during Rise, some parts of the lyrics just sound like they don't make that much sense, which I don't expect to happen from Max.

yASSsss
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

she hasnt promoted it anywhere.. only on DNC

If she's "the biggest thing in pop",she doesn't need any promo.Plus it had 2 MVs,a deal with NBC for the Olympics covergae and a performance at DNC :usrs:

2 minutes ago, Baby Blue said:

it did become the biggest hit of her career in France and went #1 in Australia, so....

i can only laugh at this post :smh: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

monketsharona
3 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

"Biggest thing in POP"?

Not with those tragic sales of Rise boo:toofunny:

I don't think anybody can be called 'biggest thing in pop' nowaday... Anybody could have success or flops.. Really hard to predict a coming hit or miss... I remember everyone expected Rise to hit very high on the first day it was released, we have seen it didn't happen.

Weasel

Why is everyone dragging Rise when it's been watched almost as much in a week as our fave's buzz single TIHTY in a year? 

LePetitGAGABLover
Just now, monketsharona said:

I don't think anybody can be called 'biggest thing in pop' nowaday... Anybody could have success or flops.. Really hard to predict a coming hit or miss... I remember everyone expected Rise to hit very high on the first day it was released, we have seen it didn't happen.

Im out of likes:toofunny:

But I agree. I think Madonna was the last "biggest thing in pop" girl. Britney and Gaga came close, but that title cannot be given to anyone anymore:madge:

LePetitGAGABLover
2 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Why is everyone dragging Rise when it's been watched almost as much in a week as our fave's buzz single TIHTY in a year? 

TIHTY is not a pop song though, its a ballad, so its quite unfair to compare it to it.

monketsharona
9 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Not the same goal or impact : Rise is made to promote a big event that are Olympics, it is played quite a lot on radios and definitely has the same treatment than a  Katy Perry single.

TIHTY didn't even impact radio and was made to promote a message expressed in a documentary... Apart the performance at the Oscar were she was nominated, it had no real promo (and was released like 6 months after it was on the Internet). Gaga's team had not plan for it, it had a video because Diane Warren paid it and really wanted it...

+ Katy Perry's goal is defitely to introduce new music before she release new album soon. TIHTY was not made to make her back before LG5...

Weasel
15 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

TIHTY is not a pop song though, its a ballad, so its quite unfair to compare it to it.

14 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Not the same goal or impact : Rise is made to promote a big event that are Olympics, it is played quite a lot on radios and definitely has the same treatment than a  Katy Perry single.

TIHTY didn't even impact radio and was made to promote a message expressed in a documentary... Apart the performance at the Oscar were she was nominated, it had no real promo (and was released like 6 months after it was on the Internet). Gaga's team had not plan for it, it had a video because Diane Warren paid it and really wanted it...

+ Katy Perry's goal is defitely to introduce new music before she release new album soon. TIHTY was not made to make her back before LG5...

Neither one of them had/have a radio deal, and neither one of them had/have any promo for it? 

Archived