Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lack of Women of Color on Pop Radio

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

ryanripley

make better music then :madge: 

that applies to nearly every pop star who's released this year so far :madge: 

the only few that have managed to stay interesting to me include Sledgehammer and Into You, i can't think of any others that i haven't started skipping within a week :madge: 

gaga please come back and show them how it's done :classy: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

DiamondAngel
9 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

#allsongsmatter

WOW. You don't even get the point and you're erasing #blacksongsmatter. Do ALL songs not get played on the radio? No. Sit down. 

Sylvanas

The replies in this thread are embarrassing. If you don't think race plays a part in the marketing of pop girls, you're dumb. :madge:

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

DiamondAngel
Just now, Sylvanas said:

The replies in this thread are embarrassing. If you don't think race plays a part in the marketing of pop girls, you're dumb. :madge:

Of course it does, but many have proven it doesn't matter in the music industry. Whitney, Rih, Bey, the list goes on. People just get angry about everything. 

2 minutes ago, Sylvanas said:

That's the thing though, the music industry is a business and artists need to be marketable which makes them sign only artists that appeal to the masses (what the management team thinks is appealing so white, blonde, skinny etc). The whole viewpoint needs to change. It's the reason why there is no diversity in music.

Don't visit my profile

GloZell Green

Pop radio is mostly generic trash made to appeal to the general public. You know, love songs with bland lyrics covered up by dancy instrumentals or whatever. It's unfair really.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Justin Drew Bieber
35 minutes ago, Prince Bananas said:

It's #blacksongsmatter you racist piece of crap. Go to **** yourself in a ****ing hole. 

Venusian teas

Thomas P

Well for Beyoncé it's simply because her songs are harder to access than those of other artists. Work should have went number 1 tho!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

URFUTUREFAV

Work spent more than 9 weeks at #1 in Billboard's Hot 100

People hate what they don't understand.

Archived