Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The Downfall of Ellie Goulding

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation
5 hours ago, Nono said:

Umm, not in my city :laughga:

we were wearing that poor sh*t(obey and cap backwards) in 2011, in 2013 it was already outdated and cringey

wearing jacket around the waist? Since when that was only a 2013-2016 thing? :awkney: 

You cant just put all the things in 3 years timeline... Maybe 2012-2013, 2014-2016-ish but 3 years is too much. 2013 and 2015 are miles apart in every sense

What? Really?

2011 is way more like 2009 than it is 2013. It's still very 00s versus the 2010s.

Maybe you were just cooler than everyone else. Yeah wearing jackets around the waist was definitely 2013-2015. Nobody does it anymore. Same with cap backwards. 

These style blogs are from 2014 and 2015 (you know that as soon as bloggers talk about it it's already over):

http://verilymag.com/2014/10/how-to-style-the-shirt-tied-around-the-waist-trend

http://chictrends.co.uk/chictrends-style-tip-how-to-tie-a-flannel-shirt-around-your-waist/

The early 2010s (2010-2012) are still like the late 00s. But by 2013 you have a new wave of singers with a new style, trying to make 2010-2012 look old. The reverse is happening right now. Everything that was cool or hyped in 2013-2015 is now looking very dated. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She became an absolute sellout. I loved Bright Lights and Halcyon, both really great albums with profound lyrics and interesting productions. Folk-indie-electronic-Ellie was so much better than mainstream pop Ellie. 

For the sake of quality I hope she goes back to her roots, altho I doubt it will be as successful as Burn and LMLYD etc.

Creyk

She didn't release the waiting to smash song "Codes" from her album

Also, she only released tour videos for her singles. Like what is that. On My Mind was a huge downgrade after the epic hit Love Me Like You Do. It hindered her momentum.

AdAstra

Her debut album is one of my favorite albums of all time. I played it non-stop for 3 years but after Burn came out, everything sort of went down hill from there. It's sad because I really like Ellie but I'm hoping she goes back to her old indie sound for her next album cycle.

1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

What? Really?

2011 is way more like 2009 than it is 2013. It's still very 00s versus the 2010s.

Maybe you were just cooler than everyone else. Yeah wearing jackets around the waist was definitely 2013-2015. Nobody does it anymore. Same with cap backwards. 

These style blogs are from 2014 and 2015 (you know that as soon as bloggers talk about it it's already over):

http://verilymag.com/2014/10/how-to-style-the-shirt-tied-around-the-waist-trend

http://chictrends.co.uk/chictrends-style-tip-how-to-tie-a-flannel-shirt-around-your-waist/

The early 2010s (2010-2012) are still like the late 00s. But by 2013 you have a new wave of singers with a new style, trying to make 2010-2012 look old. The reverse is happening right now. Everything that was cool or hyped in 2013-2015 is now looking very dated. 

A lot of people here are wearing shirt around the waist.... :toofunny: keep us update sis

the girls here are very trendy, watchin every trend and step on instagram, 90-ish inspired everything, sleek, high laced Boots, kim k coats you already know...

and the guys are still like this

aa4194ea844c2b903f84fd3d2497f7e6.jpg

yes and yes, gotta agree with everything else you said. The new wave is happening, very minimalistic style with neutral colors -yeezy inspired, there are not extra pop songs anymore, just easy edm-ish sound, even ariana went that route...

HausOfHarlow
17 hours ago, Dawson said:

Justice for scream it out :(

Same. At least one live performance - please Ellie. Save your soul and give the song what it deserves. 

Jenniferella

I have never cared about her, she always looked like some hipster wannabe to me and I just can't stand her voice

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Her team waited too long to release On My Mind after LMLYD. She should have done like The Weeknd and released RIGHT after. It's that combined with lack of promo, crappy videos for 2nd and 3rd single, and poor single choices. 

It's a great album and she sold more than most female pop singers do and had a successful arena tour, but the era could have been so much bigger. It's a shame.

PMKKARDASHiAN

Tbh I fell in love with lights. It holds a special place for me, and Tbh again, nothing has lived up to it, for me. 

I've always classified ellie with B listers like demi and selena so I'm not surprised about her downfall, I'm more surprised about selena and demis slayage 

lavenderblondee

reading this thread, I'm surprised so many people dislike On My Mind. I'm indifferent on her but that song was a bop to me.

Evan Peters
23 hours ago, LanasNerfGun said:

I really liked Delirium undeserved floppage imo she had bops

honestly :emma: everyone hated it and said she went to 'generic' pop but i always thought that was the type of pop she made :rip: 

emma roberts is an abuser

Poker

Her stuff after LLYD sucks. She seems fake and trying to reproduce the formula from LLYD but it comes out as cheap. I was never a big fan but I enjoyed Lights and Anything Could Happen, even Burn but then she became kind of fake.

Kindness rules all.

Werk
14 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

reading this thread, I'm surprised so many people dislike On My Mind. I'm indifferent on her but that song was a bop to me.

A lot of her fans weren't so fond of it because it didn't sound like her. But I agree it's one of my favorite bops from her.

Lord Temptation

You could also ask the same about Jessie J and Rita Ora

DiscoHeaven23
2 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

You could also ask the same with Jessie J.

Did she ever have a rise though?

tumblr_nvkg40HQ1Y1tfn6k7o1_500.gif

Archived