Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Describe When You Heard Gaga's Lead Singles!

DiamondAngel

Featured Posts

DiamondAngel

When I first heard just dance, I was on the computer and I saw an ad for it, and she looked like an interesting character so something in me decided to click on it. I did, and I fell in love and checked out poker face too. The next day I heard Just Dance on the radio, and I thought "this girl could really be going places!"

When I heard Bad Romance, it was so long ago that I don't remember all the details, but I heard the leak that had those stupid tags in it on the computer (before I had a phone and I had to wait 30 minutes for the song to load on my dial up Internet.)

When I heard Born this way it was a Monday morning, I went to ladygaga.com (where the forums were before this cult site :poot:) and I was getting ready for school but I went to the computer and was blessed with faster internet (the POWER of BTW) that morning and the file loaded in just 2 minutes, and yeah, that was fast for me. I remember falling in love with it, it's still my most played Gaga song and one of my faves. And I was so excited after I heard it that when I got in the shower I almost slipped. :derpga: I don't get why everyone hated it when it first came out. 

When I heard applause I was at the beach (perfect time for single to drop) and I remember being disappointed af especially after Aura (which I heard on my way back from a redskins practice I went to. Me, King of being straight at a sports event and gay with pop music during the same day) and I loved Aura, so I was sad with Applause. 3 years later it's my favorite ARTPOP song! But when I first heard it I was looking out at the ocean and it was kind of magical.

when I heard anything goes for the first time I was pissed it wasn't ARTPOP Act II and I heard it once and never listened to it again. :toofunny:

And when I hear LG5's lead single I will be dead and in heaven and God will be bopping his bussy with me! 

Share with me your stories fatties! :poot:

kvnrp

Just Dance and Poker Face were probably like the first songs I ever really liked :toofunny:
I even made lowkey promo for Just Dance around my friends :emma:

Bad Romance just kinda went past me (:rip:) but I loved the video.

Born This Way made me gay :firega:
It was also a great song for the time when I needed a lot of motivation.
I didn't at first know how it was called and I only catched the end of the song on the radio :rip:

The whole album just dropped at the right time for me.

I had Applause on repeat for weeks and it made me a stan, somehow I found this cult site, lurked for a while and around the time G.U.Y. dropped I decided to make an account :sis:

Anything Goes - Who is this Jazz and why do I like it :koons:

Noah

When I first heard Just Dance... I was just new to my school, and there was a new Club for people that liked to play games. During that class, a girl was talking about how her Sister likes Lady Gaga (this was like August 2008). She played Just Dance for us, the next days I found myself looking at Gaga's Website everytime for Updates.

When I first heard Bad Romance... I really don't remember the exact moment I heard that Song, but I think it was on MTV and I really liked the Video.

When I first heard Born This Way... OMG! This is a Story!!! I was in 6th Grade and it was a Friday, it said on the Radio that they will premiere the Song at 12pm in Europe. So I asked my english Teacher if we could hear the Single Premiere. So, everyone from my class was being silent at 12pm and we were listening to Born This Way together on the Radio. I was so happy with the Song! The Rest of the Day, I was on ladygaga.com listening to the Song until my Parents came home to buy me the Song on iTunes :D 

When I first heard Applause... I remember hearing the Demo Snippets, as it was titled 'Pop Culture' and due to her weird hickup Vocals I thought it was fake. After I came home from school at 12th of August, I heard that Applause will be premeired on iheartradio due to the Leak. I was sitting on my Laptop - with Twitter open on the other Tab and was SO happy. The rest of the Day I was requesting it on the Radio. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

kabirartfling

Call me flop for all you want but i saw poker face on my TV way before just dance! :wtf:

I saw born this way first while having dinner with my family and i was just flipping the chanels when a very naked gaga was spreading her :duck:....it was awkward to say the least :toofunny:

Applause was actually the first time i had started stanning her full time so i was just refreshing my twitter feed on the 12th august and sudden saw a POP MUSIC EMERGENCY, MONSTERS SUMMON THE TROOPS tweet :air: and the rest is history :staymad:

Give your love to me

Am I A Girl

Applause- I was always wondering why Gaga hasn't been releasing stuff or why you would never hear from her around the tv or whatever. I wasn't a monster at the time so I didn't know she broke her hip... I found out she was releasing a song called applause and once I heard I freaked out and said I am gonna be a monster she is amazing and loving and kind to her fans:hug:

NewYorkCity

I don't remember just dance.

For bad romance, I was in the airport and I remember being SLAYED.

Born this way, I was At home in the computer waiting for It to come out and I listened to It online. 

APPLAUSE, I was At my country summer house without wifi so when she tweeted that pop emergency I took my car and drive to my house like 

giphy.gif

and then this was me listening to It for the first time: 

BurqaSwg

Just Dance: I seriously don't remember

Bad Romance: When the music video came out, a local TV news talked about it, I remember searching it on Youtube after and being like "yass, this is good!" but damn the m/v used to scared to sh*t out of me.

Born This Way: I remember getting prepared for school and going (while getting dressed up) on gaga's website and I remember that BTW was played on it. I was dancing, jumping around, being slayed by it and I almost arrived late for school. 😅

Applause: I was in vacation, on a road trip and I remember being in the car in the middle of nowhere and using my dad's phone (because of LTE). When I saw the link for applause, I was like "OMG ITS HAPPENING" and then hearing the first seconds of Applause made me go "Um, okay." but when the chorus came on, my life was taken by Gaga. I played Applause on repeat and repeat. After that, my dad got upset because I used too much of data usage. 

LUO YI

Just Dance: in late 2009,  YouTube :gaycat:

Bad Romance: my parents and me were in the car and the ****ing radio was on. It all started there. 

Born This Way: I missed it.  :crossed: I heard it in April 2011. It was a nice day. 

Applause: I was like "**** you bitch watch the mother ****ing video" in school :toofunny:

Anything Goes: I really loved it. I bought it the moment it was released in iTunes :giveup: i accepted Act II was never coming in early 2014.

The night sky tells all

RAMROD

It will be spontaneous reactions, nothings planned :gaycat:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Patamon

Just Dance/Poker Face:Earlier,I was not interested in foreign music.One day my friend told me about Lady Gaga and she sang part "Pa-Pa-Pa Poker Face" all day.
She recommended me to listen to her song on MTV which i did.I FREAKED OUT!!!Non-stop,I sang a song and waited for Gaga music video on MTV.Then i became her fan.That's when I started to write my own songs.(I was 13 years old:derpga:).

Bad Romance:That day I came back from school.I got to eat, and I turned on the TV.I watched the Top 20 on MTV and I hope that I will see Lady Gaga.At that time I did not have a computer and did not know whether she recorded a new song or video and my only source was MTV.I've been waiting to appear, and she finally appeared at Top 1.I was very nervous and excited at the same time.This song was a "KILLER" for me:air:.I remember that I was constantly singing the part "Rah-Rah Ah-Ah-Ah".Later that night I could not sleep.

Born This Way:I was in a cafe when they play this song(before that song was the song E.T by Kety Purr).I could not wait to get home to download a song and listen to it.I stuttered while I sang.I was silly to myself.That day I started to accept that I like men.That's when my life began to change. :unicorn:

Applause:Dunno what to say.It was my first pre-era.I was like mega exicted for Applause song and video.It was one of the best momemnts in my life.:woohoo:

Anything Goes:It was first time that i listen to jazz song.I kinda liked it.:yay:

Archived