Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
throwback

PORTER Magazine Interview 2014

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

"Lady Gaga discusses art, sexuality and performs an acoustic version of the title track of her album, ARTPOP, on set of PORTER magazine summer 2014 Cover shoot."

Shot by Inez and Vinoodh.

002.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

004.jpg

lady-gaga-for-porter-magazine.png

009.jpg

005.jpg

This is my favorite interview and photoshoot of Lady Gaga and gives a perspective of how she wants to be perceived as an artist and musician. She tells us that she is drawn to male artists which is a major indicator that she does not get inspired by Pop music but rather Rock and Roll (1:18-1:31).

She feels uncomfortable with wearing girly wigs. That is probably why she does not wear them so often anymore.

And the acoustic version of ARTPOP is so amazing. I wish she would have put that on the album rather than the other one.

I am my fans, my fans are me, we are each other.

tumblr_mvctv42h8n1r1u2quo4_250.gif

HOTNebraskaGuy

This was an amazing photoshoot and interview. Hands down the best of both from 2014, and up there with my all time favoites. 

She looked so good and the performance of ARTPOP was so magical and fitting, too bad she wasn't like this more during the ARTPOP era.

Edit: 

lady-gaga-for-porter-magazine.png

Would've been a good album or song cover, if only she had any songs that could've been visualized like this from the era. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Weasel

ARTPOP sounds so good here. I still can't stand the album version with that robotic autotuned voice. 

MonsterOfSpain

I've got that magazine, the photoshoot is amazing :flutter:

But I had never seen the ARTPOP performance, let me watch it ASAP :omg:

Dangerous Man

I always find Inez and Vinoodh overrated. Glad Gaga stopped working with them.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

The Surrealist
Just now, Dangerous Man said:

giphy.gif

Kermit
Just now, Dangerous Man said:

:air: lmfao, when?

:air: she worked with them this year.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

KURUSHITOVSKA
11 minutes ago, Weasel said:

ARTPOP sounds so good here. I still can't stand the album version with that robotic autotuned voice. 

iTunes Version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

crisTEAne

i love the way she drew a parallel between being a blank canvas and a vehicle for your art because it really connects BTW and ARTPOP: while BTW helped her and her fans to embrace themselves and be proud of who they are, ARTPOP tried to shine a light on the importance of recognizing your ability to create and on the joyful experience of celebrating your talent. :flutter:

the photos are stunning, i adore inez and vinoodh's work, especially applause. that's not even a music video but a moving photograph that lives and breathes on its own. no wonder i consider it to be my favorite. 

i also find it refreshing that she views her femininity to be of secondary importance. it just shows that gender really is a social construction and it—preconceived notions of our patriarchal society—should not define you. you define yourself and you can even redefine yourself. you can be born over and over again and be the blank canvas onto which you can project your best self you wish to be in the future. :firega:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Bloody Matt
11 minutes ago, T E A said:

i also find it refreshing that she views her femininity to be of secondary importance. it just shows that gender really is a social construction and it—preconceived notions of our patriarchal society—should not define you. you define yourself and you can even redefine yourself. you can be born over and over again and be the blank canvas onto which you can project your best self you wish to be in the future. 

I love this :flutter: 

ReidOne

I live for Gaga's collaborations with Inez & Vinoodh, but I had never seen this!! Thank you, @Sycamore! I'm so inspired after watching this. 

donutellha

Absolutely beautiful! Love the bohemian vibes!

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Archived