Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion (Part 2)

Jase

Featured Posts

toanythingtaboo

I don't see Gaga staying with Interscope in future if they REALLY cock-block her creativity.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jase

• Americano

• Henryy

• toanythingtaboo

Americano

She doesn't really have a choice, depending on her contract length.

It was stated that after "Judas" she let them pick the rest of the singles, so she seems flexible in that sense.

saltface

She doesn't really have a choice, depending on her contract length.

It was stated that after "Judas" she let them pick the rest of the singles, so she seems flexible in that sense.

But Judas was such a massive hit, why would she hand over control after that!? :lolgaga:

And your new avi is perfect :)

toanythingtaboo

Single order and what not is one thing, but if they were to say "No. You are not making a rock album. You are not taking your career in that direction." she wouldn't just roll over and take it. Contract permitting, she'd just walk out of there. If not, she'd kick up major ****. She has enough power in the partnership to stand her ground and fight. Interscope will know that they need her more than she needs them in the long run. Any label would kill to have Lady Gaga with them. Even if she is under contract, she can buy herself out of it. Not like she's strapped for cash.

Don't think they come across as controlling as that, though. Plus, Gaga doing "rock" doesn't necessarily mean uncommercial. Rock/pop is one of the most commercial things out there. If you have a strong enough chorus, it doesn't matter what the production is.

Americano

Yes, but the fact Lady Gaga let them choose singles means she gave them discretion over the creative direction of the work.

Her outfits, vocal performances, etc. are based on the single choices.. Which she let them pick out after she made a mistake (in their eyes) by choosing "Judas."

Also, it was rumored that Interscope was part of the reason LAG was forced out as well. I'm just saying fans shouldn't expect them to let Gaga release whatever she wants, they've demonstrated (albeit subtly) that they still carry a lot of weight over her work.

But Judas was such a massive hit, why would she hand over control after that!? :lolgaga:

And your new avi is perfect :)

Thanks xoxo

Jase

I'd ****ing loveeee to know what she really thought of the singles the label decided on, the single order, and just her thoughts in general on what was released/what she would have liked to have released.

saltface

I'd ****ing loveeee to know what she really thought of the singles the label decided on, the single order, and just her thoughts in general on what was released/what she would have liked to have released.

I think she would have released Marry the Night third (like she said she was on the Skorpion Show) then probably Heavy Metal Lover (because she performed it on NYE to test the waters) then I think Scheisse. I think she would have released Hair because of its preachy message.

Americano

I think Interscope told her to perform HML on NYE to see if it'd have an impact on iTunes.

It didn't, so I think because of that they forced her hand and ended single releases.

Jase

If we do get the lead single from the new album in October time, I wonder when she'll start talking about it during her shows

Americano

I was thinking about that actually.

She begins touring in Latin America in October right after Europe.

I know at least her Puerto Rico Date is Oct 31....

So that's not even really open anymore.

It's either that July-August or December. (But even then, she begins her US leg in January... so complicated with the tour.)

And July doesnt seem likely, obvs.

saltface

Perhaps she will launch her era at the Grammys again.

I hope she doesn't, partly because its like 9 months away and partly because I don't want her to keep relying on the Grammys to launch her eras.

Jase

I still haven't watched any BTWB vids. I'm being so strong :cry:

Americano

I want KILL THE BITCH to be Lady Gaga's new album title.

An album full of filthy, controversial lyrics about going against social conservatism and doing reckless things.

Not a tacky Rihanna album, but something along the lines of HML.

Lyrics about getting into trouble, drinking beer, doing badass **** in a Gaga context.

iTunes banner with her in ripped fishnets, smoking a cigarette, etc. The album title would be fitting the tour storyline, with the government wanting to kill her. This time it'd be the public, or society, because she's a pop star gone rogue.

Edited by Americano

Jase

I want KILL THE BITCH to be Lady Gaga's new album title.

An album full of filthy, controversial lyrics about going against social conservatism and doing reckless things.

Not a tacky Rihanna album, but something along the lines of HML.

Lyrics about getting into trouble, drinking beer, doing badass **** in a Gaga context.

iTunes banner with her in ripped fishnets, smoking a cigarette, etc. The album title would be fitting the tour storyline, with the government wanting to kill her. This time it'd be the public, or society, because she's a pop star gone rogue.

On my knees praying that this happens