đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Panic! At The Disco - Bohemian Rhapsody

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Kim Kardashian

Ι legit thought there was a mass shooting in a disco club with that thread title. :wtf:

Shop SKIMS & SKKN BY KIM online! The Kardashians streaming now on Hulu and Disney+!

Head Empty

I mean, it's not bad but songs that are as unique, established and iconic as this shouldn't be touched :saladga:. With so much nostalgia and acclaim for the original it's nearly impossible to improve upon it, so why even bother trying to recreate it when you know most people will prefer the classic?

I'd rather see them make a new classic of their own :laughga:.

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Kim K West said:

Ι legit thought there was a mass shooting in a disco club with that thread title.

Omg :rip: 

I'm laughing so hard. 

God forgive me :smh: 

KyliesChild

I heard it yesterday and I have to say it doesn't match the original, not even close. He took the character out  of the song that everybody loves so much.

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, Totodile said:

I mean, it's not bad but songs that are as unique, established and iconic as this shouldn't be touched :saladga:. With so much nostalgia and acclaim for the original it's nearly impossible to improve upon it, so why even bother trying to recreate it when you know most people will prefer the classic?

I'd rather see them make a new classic of their own :laughga:.

Because not everything is about making it better or trying to recreate its effect......

It's their version of the song. Period. 

smh ya'll are on a forum for a cover artist and ragging on covers because they dont have the feeling of the original :emma: 

Morphine Prince

Marilyn Manson covered Sweet Dreams and made it his own. It's not always about making something better. You can't improve on classics. 

KyliesChild
Just now, Nino said:

smh ya'll are on a forum for a cover artist and ragging on covers because they dont have the feeling of the original :emma: 

When Lady Gaga (cover artist) makes a song her own, she mostly does a good job with some exceptions. And also you can argue that sometimes her versions are better than the original.

Head Empty
19 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Because not everything is about making it better or trying to recreate its effect......

It's their version of the song. Period. 

I understand that, but still... I'd rather see either a completely new take on the song that somehow renews or adds on to the power of the original, than something like this where they spent a lot of effort to make it as similar as possible to the original without adding much of their own :laughga:. The only major differences between this and the original are the the vocals, and the fact that P!ATD has access to better recording equipment than Queen had in the 70s.

And again, I'm not hating on P!ATD because, regardless of creative aspect, this is a good cover. It's just incredibly difficult to cover an iconic song like this (and moreover: the signature song of one of the worlds most iconic bands!).

It's probably just personal preference and bias, and I happen to be a big Queen fan :laughga:

Pharamon

I really love it oh my god...He did an amazing job! I must admit! and please stop comparing it to the original it SAYS ''COVER''

JevyDuty

I think they did a great job. The original is literally one of my favorite songs of all time.

15jocart

Obviously nothing will touch the original, but I enjoy his voice and I think they did an admirable job. If anyone were to do a cover I'd actually probably choose Panic! anyway.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Kermit

:laughga: Everyone's freaking about Brendon standing along Freddie, but it's not even the case. They covered the song SO well, it might be the only cover-of-a-classic that's worth recognizing and respecting. They're acting like Brendon is trying to replace Mercury, and it's not even that serious. People did this VERY **** with Gaga's Bowie tribute. :laughga: The people who said Brendon sounded like a goat. What even? :toofunny: Brendon's voice is one of the best, in our time. :wub:

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Archived