Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

LG5 rock = good sales?

thatfoxyfeeling

Featured Posts

Pharamon
3 hours ago, Tommy Monster said:

Well, BTW had rock influences and look how that turned out for her career :emma:

It was heavy metal :awkney:   mixed with techno

and this mixture was bound to be successful :green: 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane

I don't care about the sales. But doing a rock album (I don't think this will be pure rock though, she never sticks to one genre) would be clever and I'd love to watch this.

With all the performances and covers she did in the past years (If I ever lose my faith in you, I wish, Ordinary Love, her performances at the DNC...), not all rock but songs considered as "quality music", she gained respect from rock/other types of music lovers. I often read the comments of the videos and lately, I saw a lot of people saying "Oh I didn't really like her but she can really sing rock, she should make rock music, it's better than the original song etc.".

If she put out a rock album (a good rock album, but I don't doubt her skills), she would definitely gain these people as fans. Those who only like pop - and some of you do - won't like/buy it, but whatever. She will be known as a pop icon, great vocalist, jazz singer, great writer and composer, rockstar, artist, actress and it goes on... She will make herself a name in music history.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

giskardsb

The fact is that pop is awash in stale cookie cutter paint by numbers music because pop fans don't demand better and because they tend to accept whatever is thrown at them. As long as junk is rewarded no other styles will get much chance to succeed or gain new audience. 

DeleteMyAccount

Can some of you who don't want Rock, define what Rock music is? There's a pretty broad spectrum of music there. 

Serendipity

not when RnB/urban is dominating atm

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Serendipity
14 hours ago, M Monstre said:

So was jazz when she released Cheek to Cheek

tumblr_njhuutCV3e1qcgl1no1_500.gif

Norah Jones exists.

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Bayonetta

A lot of people replying negatively think it would be hard rock/heavy metal, which she'd never do. IF she was to do a rock album it would definitely be light rock, which honestly would slay me. 

August Blue

My name is 

17 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

No...

My sign is 

17 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

No...

:sis: 

Swan Heart

Rock is not dead, guys. tumblr_ntybruLSYE1ufqm4co6_75sq.gif

Beck's Morning Phase (folk rock) won three Grammy awards (including AOTY) in 2014.

And if you care that much about sales:

I heard Radiohead is outselling more "relevant" names like Ariana, Meghan and many more with their new album. (art rock) Most of their listeners are rock fans.

So um.. yeah.

Pop music seems far more dead lately, with all the disappointing videos and bland and boring songs.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Tommy Monster
20 hours ago, Skrill said:

It was heavy metal :awkney:   mixed with techno

and this mixture was bound to be successful :green: 

Well, it obviously wasn't when you look at her career after that :toofunny:

Judas, HML, Scheisse and BM were metal influenced, which I loved, but bad kids, you and I, the queen, teog, bjaf, mtn, btw, hair and, most of all, electric chapel were rock... what a bad move :smh:

Archived