Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

LG5 rock = good sales?

thatfoxyfeeling

Featured Posts

Reality
1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

...which means it's dead.

That doesn't mean it's dead. Is it in mainstream media right now? No. But is the genre, dead? Certainly not. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RadioIsOurs
3 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

:toofunny: at the rock haters. As mentioned before, just because rock isn't in doesn't mean it stays that way. Gaga helped EDM claim mainstream pop for the next 7-8 years. Jazz wasn't big for our generation until C2C was given attention.

If it's really good rock--it will sell and smash.

I mean the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, the guitarist of Stone Temple Pilots, Queen already worked with her. The lead of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest believe in her rock capabilities.

:rockstar:

Wow look at C2C's impact! Teens are totally bopping to their favourite jazz hits on Spotify right now because of it...

Gaga did not popularize EDM. Just Dance isn't even EDM. Dance music was still a presence on the pop charts, unlike rock now which is nowhere to be found.

RadioIsOurs
3 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

That doesn't mean it's dead. Is it in mainstream media right now? No. But is the genre, dead? Certainly not. 

I mean dead as in non-present. When something is no longer popular, people like to say that it's 'dead'. 

MaryJaneHolland
7 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Jazz wasn't big for our generation until C2C was given attention.

jazz is still not big for our generation

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Gaga did not popularize EDM. Just Dance isn't even EDM. Dance music was still a presence on the pop charts, unlike rock now which is nowhere to be found.

I'll take the word of actual EDM DJs like Calvin Harris over some GGD user's opinion thank you very much.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

jazz is still not big for our generation

No it's not. Wrong phrasing but it certainly introduced jazz classics to a lot of monsters

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, A Gaga Lad said:

I'll take the word of actual EDM DJs like Calvin Harris over some GGD user's opinion thank you very much.

What does Calvin Harris have to do with anything?

Neight Shayde

In any genre, good quality songs doesn't automatically equate to good sales, either. 

but who knows. It's all in the music. I personally believe that LG5 won't get the past 'gaga-standard' sales like from btw to tf but it's for the better.

KingRedd

Yes it's new and fresh. Way too many pop girls out right now with the same sound. Boring and stale. If Gaga makes a pop album it'll have to be really good. She should do a different sound. Pop is stale 

May I Read You? 😎

HOTNebraskaGuy
2 hours ago, Nono said:

Sorry but the rock is not a hot thing in the world right now

I honestly dont see it :awkney:

She changed the charts with Just Dance. 

She could do it with rock. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

30 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

She changed the charts with Just Dance. 

She could do it with rock. 

You cant compare dance inspired pop record with a rock

Yes,her music was different than other popstars music in that moment but it wasnt miles away from it. It was still fun and pop with a little twist. If she debuted with a rock album she would have flopped in 2008 and if she comes with rock album in 2016 she will flop even harder and thats my opinion. 

donutellha

Possibly, because lots of people are sick of electronic music saturation

What a reverse the Fame experience of introducing electronic music back to the mainstream!

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, donutellha said:

Possibly, because lots of people are sick of electronic music saturation

What a reverse the Fame experience of introducing electronic music back to the mainstream!

Unless you'd have realised that electronic music is already out of fashion, which was ARTPOP flopped in the first place. 

Archived