Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will promotion work for LG5 and its singles?

Bradley

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland

Hopefully, it'll be as big as BTW. I mean, there were whole buses and buildings decorated for the album :firega: 

Joshie S

I think it will feel like the promo of ARTPOP, however, this time around, it'll be done her way and singles WILL get released and music videos done for ;)

However as I said, it's gonna feel a lot like ARTPOP, bookmark me, I feel it in my bones hun.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

nikola
1 hour ago, etron said:

Nothing will beat this iconique promotion. :firega:

OP: I agree about pop stars not delivering when it comes to promotion. I don't understand where this trend came from. I suspect it's a result of the Internet changing everything. Maybe these pop stars' management teams don't think there is any point in traditional promotion anymore because it's all done online. They also probably realise touring is where the real money is, so they aim to get artists on the road as soon as possible.

Personally I really hope Gaga doesn't hop on this trend. She is such a fabulous performer and it would just suck if we didn't get lots of great performances to treasure.  

But whats the point of tour if artist is not known.....like no one will buyy tickets.......and to get people to know artist you need good sales and hit singles.......and that means pormotion.

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

QueenGaga
2 hours ago, Misaki said:

*All publishing goes to Taylor Swift and her record company

Only her Record Company and Team, Taylor is dumb as sh*t. 

Slayer
12 minutes ago, nikola said:

But whats the point of tour if artist is not known.....like no one will buyy tickets.......and to get people to know artist you need good sales and hit singles.......and that means pormotion.

Those big artists are guaranteed to fill arenas just because of who they are. They're going to fill those seats regardless of how many talk shows they perform on. 

Besides the fans who go to those shows are far more likely to be gossiping about who Becky is on Twitter than staying up to watch Beyonce perform on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. So what's the point in doing the media circuit anymore?

I can see why pop stars aren't bothering with promo these days, I just hope it doesn't stay that way.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Yuuri
11 minutes ago, QueenGaga said:

Only her Record Company and Team, Taylor is dumb as sh*t. 

Girl, you better get yourself a lawyor.

tumblr_o1wncocVrE1qgf1i8o1_1280.jpg

JustAnotherDay

I hope she does a bunch of performances the week of each release (singles and album) and then at least one performance/interview a week, people need to know she is aiming music again and promotion will help that, look at Britney, she did a two minute skit on Jimmy Kimmel and she stayed in the iTunes top ten all day because people remembered her

was NickARTPOP

boyerased

Born This Way's promo was epic. Remember those trains and buildings wrapped in btw prints?

If the lead single is a huge success they can promote the album like they did with BTW. 

donutellha

I hope we get monstrous amounts of promo.

Everyone has forgotten her name since February saturation, so we must re saturate planet earth with gaga promo!

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Born To Slay

First of all, Ariana is not promoting this era. Her current single Into You is being neglected as hell, hasn't been performed in like 2 months. 

Also, about the artists who don't promote. It's because they're lazy and/or arrogant. Beyonce for example, most likely believes she's above most promo slots.

nikola
1 hour ago, etron said:

Those big artists are guaranteed to fill arenas just because of who they are. They're going to fill those seats regardless of how many talk shows they perform on. 

Besides the fans who go to those shows are far more likely to be gossiping about who Becky is on Twitter than staying up to watch Beyonce perform on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. So what's the point in doing the media circuit anymore?

I can see why pop stars aren't bothering with promo these days, I just hope it doesn't stay that way.

Well ok.......artist like katy,madonna,gaga,beyone and other will sell tickets because of their name......but how will new artists like ariana,meghan and others sell their tickets without promo......

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

androiduser

I think the promotion has changed a lot in the last few years, songs and albums are selling much more easily even without promo

Reality

Honestly, the best promotion for her is just making good music. Artists these days are really just getting popular because of the music, which I suppose is a good thing. Look at Adele's comeback, she had one single, Hello, which was a great song and became a viral sensation. Look at Bieber's comeback. Love Yourself, Sorry, What Do You Mean were all viral hits and essentially everyone started liking him—until he started having some questionable interactions with his fans.

Promo like BTW would be ideal, then everyone would know about her, but honestly, if she makes authentic, good, solid music, it'll speak for herself. It may even become the next viral hit, which would mean amazing success.  

🃏🖤👹

QueenGaga
5 hours ago, Misaki said:

Girl, you better get yourself a lawyor.

Is the S for Snake or Sue?

bumblebee
3 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Honestly, the best promotion for her is just making good music. Artists these days are really just getting popular because of the music, which I suppose is a good thing. Look at Adele's comeback, she had one single, Hello, which was a great song and became a viral sensation. Look at Bieber's comeback. Love Yourself, Sorry, What Do You Mean were all viral hits and essentially everyone started liking him—until he started having some questionable interactions with his fans.

Promo like BTW would be ideal, then everyone would know about her, but honestly, if she makes authentic, good, solid music, it'll speak for herself. It may even become the next viral hit, which would mean amazing success.  

This so much. Moreover, if we're trying to look into the promotion as a tool of labels, we can't but acknowledge it has evolved so much since Gaga's releases were properly managed. 

Before Apple Music and Spotify shaped solid trends to revamp the market, promotion was a very simple tool. It was used, basically, for short-term and long-term reasons. The short-term promotion was meant to push the sales of the single through raising General Public consumers' awareness of the song's existence. A 3 million selling hit on iTunes, even assuming the label got only half of the sales revenues, meant $1.9 M income for the label - thus investing, let's say, up to $400k in performances, clothes, staff and TV and radio slot bookings was a healthy investement. The long-term promotion was centered around endorsing people to purchase the actual album and turn them into potential ticket-buyers when it comes to touring. Again, it was all about the numbers - the album sales and the ticket revenues were easily calculated.

Nowadays, with the streaming services that doubled their revenues the previous year, and with a 12% decline in the digital songs sales, and the change in the very consuming patterns of music-lovers (who buys songs? who buys albums? who streams songs? who streams albums? how are the streaming incomes allocated between the plattforms and the labels?) the traditional attitude towards promo can no longer be. I doubt the labels are getting less money from streaming than they used to from just selling the single via iTunes. But if their incomes from streaming are more slow, so to say ($2M from one song in 1,5 years through streaming rather than $1.9 M from one song in 5 months) they aren't going to spend as much on promo as they used to in the "golden days". 

But the streaming market is the market of consumers, of free choice. In fact, it's a place where sympathy or apathy towards music is the decisive factor, and, as @M Monstre noted, a cool song needs minimum promotion. With Adele, though, the situation was different - she kept a longer pause, four years have passed between 21 and 25 releases, and the public was very thirsty for her. Gaga, although nearing the 3 year mark of her latest pop release, was, contrary to many monsters' perception, ever present in the public eye through her vomit performance, her own tour,  C2C album release, her Grammy show, C2C tour, wedding news, her AHS show, Golden Globe, Oscars and yet another Grammy performance. Comparing to her, Adele had spent the four years that had passed between her releases in the news void (except for the Bond soundtrack, of course). So the public is not as thirsty for Gaga as it was for Adele on the eve of her release, and Gaga might need an additional push.  

Archived