Stefani Tee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

politics

Polls Megathread (Reuters/Ipsos Poll: Clinton 44%, Trump 37%)

Featured Posts

PartySick
1 hour ago, AyaKara said:

Thought I'd share this with you guys since we have the quoted polls right here :giggle:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/08/17/michael-cohen-donald-trump-poll-number-brianna-keilar-sot-tsr.cnn

Literally. The like limit was pushed to 100 and I still don't have enough :giveup:

Anyway, I saw this earlier. It was in a stream of Trump stories that got my blood boiling (Chris Christie forgiving $25 million of Trump's tax debt, Trump "joking" about Obama being killed, his campaign manager being on the payroll of a pro-Russian party in the Ukraine, him denying that he knows Putin while Ivanka is literally on vacation with Putin's "serious" girlfriend, the usual blatant lies/slander he pushes) but this actually made me die. He's so defensive and sure of himself and she shuts him down so easy.

"Which ones?!"
"All of them..."
"...ok..." :rip: 

Hell, Trump scoured the internet to find the one poll that doesn't have him losing by a huge margin and he was still losing by, like, two or three points :smh:

This chicken is lovely, Karen. Please let go of my arm.

PartySick

America, America
God shed Deez Nuts on thee

Spoiler

Wtf even is this country :toofunny:

This chicken is lovely, Karen. Please let go of my arm.

Spyro

Is this thread for national polls only or including state polls?  I really hope it's the former.

Spyro the Dragon

Spyro

Basically Trump gave a speech yesterday in West Bend, Wisconsin.  He took up a good 10 minutes explaining that Democratic's took the black vote for advantage, and he promises to "give them a better life".

Here's the speech if you want to watch it.

POLL SOURCE: http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/

Spyro the Dragon

Chic

Neither political party truly cares about black people. They both divide the country with arguments on white vs. black, white cops vs. black people, guns vs. gun control, etc.

Black people are a pawn that politics uses to collect votes. Let's not pretend that conservatives as a whole treat black people any better- it really doesn't matter if they don't outright call them "niggers" or say they're all thugs that should be hung. The truth is, a good majority of Republicans are going to automatically side with a white cop and make excuses against the black person despite any sort of evidence to the contrary. Let's not deny this. People have preconceived notions. If you're looking at an article about a black person getting shot by a white cop and thinking "what did the black guy do this time", then you can't say you're treating them better on a subconscious level.

Individual liberals may very well care about black people, but those in office or running for it are appealing to the rest of the democrats for votes by promising better lives for black people.

Not many people in office have a heart, so of course they don't care about little people unless they can get into office using their votes. But it isn't genuine. I don't think Hillary gives a damn about black people because someone like her doesn't have the capacity to fully appreciate someone else's good will; this is not atypical politician behavior.

I do think Republicans in office are more passionate about genuinely supporting cops than Democratic politicians are with everyday black people, simply because police officers and security guards are more likely to be at their assistance during political rallies and the like. I don't think low income black people are seen as personally helpful by conservative politicians, so their promise to assist them seems truly ingenuine.

Luc

I honestly doubt the rally reached enough people to change the minds of 10% of the black electorate :rip:

Anyone knows how reliable they are? Their general poll seems to have Hillary way lower than fivethirtyeight :huh:

Spyro
3 minutes ago, Luc said:

I honestly doubt the rally reached enough people to change the minds of 10% of the black electorate :rip:

Anyone knows how reliable they are? Their general poll seems to have Hillary way lower than fivethirtyeight :huh:

538 gives them an A- with a slight R bias.

Spyro the Dragon

Born To Slay
9 minutes ago, Chic said:

Neither political party truly cares about black people. They both divide the country with arguments on white vs. black, white cops vs. black people, guns vs. gun control, etc.

Black people are a pawn that politics uses to collect votes. Let's not pretend that conservatives as a whole treat black people any better- it really doesn't matter if they don't outright call them "niggers" or say they're all thugs that should be hung. The truth is, a good majority of Republicans are going to automatically side with a white cop and make excuses against the black person despite any sort of evidence to the contrary. Let's not deny this. People have preconceived notions. If you're looking at an article about a black person getting shot by a white cop and thinking "what did the black guy do this time", then you can't say you're treating them better on a subconscious level.

Individual liberals may very well care about black people, but those in office or running for it are appealing to the rest of the democrats for votes by promising better lives for black people.

Not many people in office have a heart, so of course they don't care about little people unless they can get into office using their votes. But it isn't genuine. I don't think Hillary gives a damn about black people because someone like her doesn't have the capacity to fully appreciate someone else's good will; this is not atypical politician behavior.

I do think Republicans in office are more passionate about genuinely supporting cops than Democratic politicians are with everyday black people, simply because police officers and security guards are more likely to be at their assistance during political rallies and the like. I don't think low income black people are seen as personally helpful by conservative politicians, so their promise to assist them seems truly ingenuine.

Bernie Sanders cares about black people

Whispering
24 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

But Jill Stein's running mate called Bernie a white supremacist. :) 

He didn't help them out in his own state. 

mmm
28 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

He is more scared of them to the point where even when they shout at him and accuse him of being racism and kick him out of his own rally, he thanks them!