Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
review

gurls get with it - gaga was bound to decline after releasing btw

President Trump

Featured Posts

gagafan2017
4 minutes ago, maxmore said:

but taylor never reached the heights gaga did ... gaga declined bc she was overexposed. she was the first true superstar of the digital era and her career was the first to be "overexposed". the kind of multimedia coverage gaga got back in 2010 has never existed before so the madonna comparisons fall flat in my opinion. the reason her peers havent declined the way gaga did was bc their managements took notes ...

Gaga's management took notes she just chose to ignore them. Troy asked her many times to strip back her image and do features so people wouldnt forget her. When you become overexposed you change and reinvent don't go awol. The old gaga was dead and buried once and for al to the GP after the VMAs Joe Calderone she was just too stubborn to change her image till the last year or so.  

alejandreaux

i dont think it was solely because of BTW's riskiness that she ended up declining. If she wouldve followed up BTW with another great album and flawless era, people would still consider her to be "in her prime".

gagafan2017
1 hour ago, alejandreaux said:

i dont think it was solely because of BTW's riskiness that she ended up declining. If she wouldve followed up BTW with another great album and flawless era, people would still consider her to be "in her prime".

Yep. The problem is she didn't respond or adapt to the negatives of the born this way era she just kept on doing the same thing. 

An unplugged album in 2012 with a strip back image leading into the new album would have been better. 

PopThatArt
16 hours ago, Yaxley said:

Did you know Gaga was bound to decline after releasing BTW, no matter what? When you first heard the song title/album title/lyrics/read full lyrics released before song came out, did you know instantly that this was her peak and it was going downhill from there? Gaga released Born This Way at a time where gay people were still not liked or well-received, it was still new. At this point, years later, it's been saturated in the media and done to death so much that it's much more commonplace even than from 5 years ago. There has been a serious shift.

So, did you know Gaga was going to suffer a fallout from releasing BTW? of course you did. it was inevitable. she knew that too but that's okay.

I sense some people will come here and say "is this 2011 again?" but she's not releasing music so ffs let's just discuss something important

Yeah gurls! Get with it!

Go see A Star is Born

BuzzcutSeason
9 hours ago, Khadija said:

She was declining during DWUW because she was emphasizing how much she is flopping, etc. (remember when she went crazy on twitter promoting dwuw) when she was actually doing completely fine. :emma: Not stellar, but still fine.

So the media went on it and ruthlessly lashed Gaga for it.

she has declining before DWUW when the whole Katy vs Gaga thing happened but a lot of it carried through with DWUW. IT was also what i said, no one really wanted to buy ARTPOP.

alejandreaux
1 minute ago, Luke Putres said:

Yep. The problem is she didn't respond or adapt to the negatives of the born this way era she just kept on doing the same thing. 

An unplugged album in 2012 with a strip back image leading into the new album would have been better. 

i dont think it was really the same thing though tbh. BTW actually had a planned out era with many singles and videos and she was given a lot more creative freedom, because at that time she was GAGA and she could do no wrong. ARTPOP had too many behind-the-scenes messiness going on and it was basically doomed from the start. I think she couldve served a well-thought out yet still risky era like BTW and she would still be doing well in her career as a pop artist. :koons:

gagafan2017
On 7/30/2016 at 11:32 PM, alejandreaux said:

i dont think it was really the same thing though tbh. BTW actually had a planned out era with many singles and videos and she was given a lot more creative freedom, because at that time she was GAGA and she could do no wrong. ARTPOP had too many behind-the-scenes messiness going on and it was basically doomed from the start. I think she couldve served a well-thought out yet still risky era like BTW and she would still be doing well in her career as a pop artist. :koons:

Image wise in a broad sense it was the same thing....blonde woman singing dance pop dressing flamboyantly. Pop music is all about how you package it....ARTPOP felt very tired and played out. For example Adele is taken so seriously because she is marketed as such...her PR doesnt stop harping on about what a REAL musician and REAL artist she is...which goes with all the REAL images of her looking like a REAL serious artist. If you look like an idiot people are going to treat you like one...let alone an idiot that is still pulling the same stunts that people were tired of two years previously...that was ARTPOP's problem. Gaga sat and watched Adele win every award in sight at the Grammmys 2012 and sat and listened to Troy tell her to change her image so its not like she didn't have chances. I think she was just incredibly stubborn and obsessed with being contrary for contrary's sake that era.   

myluis617

I think if she never broke her hip and continued doing what she was planning The ARTPOP fallout wouldnt have happened. She would have made more money and people wouldnt have forgotten about her for like 8 months. Also she didnt make a video for "Do what you want" which I believe vould have been a bigger hit than applause. It also would have helped if all the promised projects we got told of didnt drop like dead flies. 

Archived