Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
movie

Horror Media Discussion

n0ne

Featured Posts

retroglamx

You should all watch The ABCs of Death and VHS. Those are my favorite movies and they'reso diverse and ****ed up in so many ways. Specially the ABCs.

Just don't watch VHS viral cause it's bad and lame and ridiculous.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
retroglamx
3 minutes ago, BabyDory said:

If you like realistic low budgets that give you the heebie jeebies, try Creep. The ending leaves you a little unsettled.Creep_(2014_film)_poster.jpg

tumblr_ntrztgZX2A1t06duoo1_400.gif

My fav horror flicks though is The Strangers.

Yaaaasss gurl Creep is amazing. I love that movie!!!

blackstar
10 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

I would say so; loved both of them. Thought the 2nd was better than the 1st.

Does anyone else have this problem? Horror films made before the 90s don't scary me. For example, -this may be blasphemous as a horror fan- but The Exorcist never scared me; it mad me laugh.

I have a problem with Scream series and The Nightmare on elm street. These are not scary at all to me. Beside, The Exorcist is scary at mental basis. 

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

blackstar
3 minutes ago, retroglamx said:

You should all watch The ABCs of Death and VHS. Those are my favorite movies and they'reso diverse and ****ed up in so many ways. Specially the ABCs.

Just don't watch VHS viral cause it's bad and lame and ridiculous.

OMG VHS SERIES I LOVE IT! :diane: 

retroglamx
Just now, blackstar said:

OMG VHS SERIES I LOVE IT! :diane: 

Then you should definitely go and watch the ABCs of death :excited2:

n0ne
19 minutes ago, blackstar said:

I usually hate remakes but this one looks kind of cool (based on the trailer). I'm hoping they won't **** it up.  

This is a direct sequel to the 1st movie. The lead character is the brother of the girl from the original movie.

6 minutes ago, BabyDory said:

If you like realistic low budgets that give you the heebie jeebies, try Creep. The ending leaves you a little unsettled.Creep_(2014_film)_poster.jpg

tumblr_ntrztgZX2A1t06duoo1_400.gif

My fav horror flicks though is The Strangers.

Love Creep, among my fav Mark Duplass films. It's planned to be a trilogy

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Cage Ata
28 minutes ago, blackstar said:

I have a problem with Scream series and The Nightmare on elm street. These are not scary at all to me. Beside, The Exorcist is scary at mental basis. 

The Nightmare franchise, especially the first was pretty terrifying for its era. After the director Wes Craven sold the rights the sequels became less scary and more comedic - one line joke kills. I know what you mean :)

blackstar
2 minutes ago, retroglamx said:

Then you should definitely go and watch the ABCs of death :excited2:

I'm planing to watch it for a years but somehow I never did :diane:

I have only seen this iconic toilet scene

n0ne
Just now, Cage Appleby said:

Has anyone watched Stranger Things yet?? Brilliant show! 

Yes, my favorite Netflix show. Its 1 of the few horror shows that are actually scary.

I hope it gets recognized at the Emmys. The Emmys seem to love Netflix, so there's high potential.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

blackstar
1 minute ago, lilmonster93 said:

Yes, my favorite Netflix show. Its 1 of the few horror shows that are actually scary.

I hope it gets recognized at the Emmys. The Emmys seem to love Netflix, so there's high potential.

i'm planning to watch it for whole week. I think I'll watch it tonight.

n0ne
Just now, blackstar said:

i'm planning to watch it for whole week. I think I'll watch it tonight.

I don't binge too often, but I knew I had to after seeing the trailer, critical praise, and the 1st episode lol.

Cage Ata
12 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

I don't binge too often, but I knew I had to after seeing the trailer, critical praise, and the 1st episode lol.

The score is incredible, the acting and the cinematography! Also love how it pays homage to a lot of 80s horror tropes :)

n0ne

Some of my favorite horror/suspense thriller shows: 

The Walking Dead (not scary per se but thrilling)

AHS (creepy almost all the time, but scary sometimes)

Bates Motel (drama/psychological thriller)

Hannibal (crime/psychological thriller)

Stranger Things

Scream Queens

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Looking forward to The Exorcist on Fox, the teasers are engaging.

2 minutes ago, Cage Appleby said:

The score is incredible, the acting and the cinematography! Also love how it pays homage to a lot of 80s horror tropes :)

Yes to everything lol. The score/soundtrack fits perfectly, especially when it gets more electronic. Honestly can't find 1 actor in the show I didn't like. And the cinematography was great, especially in the sequences dealing with effects. 

Loved how it played tribute to 80s in general, especially to its music and horror films.

i feel like the show is a mix of Stephen Spielberg, JJ Abrams, and The X-files.

weed

Yaassss I loove horror movies 

I don't like pre-2000 really, and I don't like spirit possession-type movies (apart from conjuring, amazing haha)

I prefer when they're mostly realistic (and that's why/when I find it sooo scary). The Strangers, The Last House on the Left, It Follows, The Den, Sinister, Wolf Creek, Vacancy, The Hills Have Eyes, etc etc are my faves

Archived