Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

M.I.A. slams MTV VMAs for 'racism sexism classism elitism'

Coop

Featured Posts

monsterdino
2 hours ago, River said:

She took on herself to sing about politics and she's paying the price..

American Life by Madonna teas :toofunny:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdino
21 hours ago, myCD said:

M.I.A. is boring me the f* out with all these politics stuff of hers...

Borders is also one of her worst songs imo...it's pretty boring and depressing

Only in the last month we've had more terrorist attacks than I can count...does she still expect a song that promotes opening up your contry to unknown people to be in the U.S main music video award show?

DE. LU. SIO. NAL.

Well baby wake up because the WORLD IS DEPRESSING, what do you expect someone to sing about parties and alcohol while there are some real problems? Wake up and see the world as it is don't pretend like these issues dont exist 

The VMA's are a popularity contest and she wasn't popular, it's that simple. If she'd looked at the nominations she'd see that there is a huge diversity of races, but the one thing they all have in common is that they were hugely popular.  

If you're going to call them out, at least call them out for the right thing :toofunny: If she doesn't need their recognition why is she complaining? 

Fiona Apple
19 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

I thought you were well not racist.

How the hell am I racist?  :awkney: I really dislike people that try to find racism everywhere. There is NOTHING racist or sexist about the VMAS.Most of the nominees are women and the most nominated artist of the year is Beyonce (without even having an actually huge video).

monsterdino
1 minute ago, Britney Spears said:

How the hell am I a racist?  :awkney: I really dislike people that try to find racism everywhere. There is NOTHING racist or sexist about the VMAS.Most of the nominees are women and the most nominated artist of the year is Beyonce (without even having an actually huge video).

You said that basically she has no brain? Why, why is that? Because she is speaking about real problems unlike some artists :green: She is not talking about her not being nominated for being a BLACK WOMEN she is talking about the message in the video not being nominated, yall misunderstood her.

Fiona Apple
2 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

You said that basically she has no brain? Why, why is that? Because she is speaking about real problems unlike some artists :green: She is not talking about her not being nominated for being a BLACK WOMEN she is talking about the message in the video not being nominated, yall misunderstood her.

No she is not talking about ANYTHING real.. She didn't get ignored because she was "political".She got ignored because she is IRRELEVANT.She is not popular anymore.It's so obvious.Beyonce's video was about "black empowerment" and it was controversal but because it was popular it got a nom. Btw she dragged the VMAs for "Racism sexism classism elitism" which are NOT true in any way.

VMAs are a popularity contest

She was not popular

She didn't get a nomination. So simple

jojuun

It should be nominated for Best Video with a Message. Or don't they have that award anymore? The refugee crisis has seen a new (sad) hight over the past year and she's one of the only artists with a global fanbase that spoke up and the only one that dedicated a video to it. A very good one, at that. 

Of course she's not nominated for VOTY, she's not a mainstream artist. She knows that. But she should've gotten a nomination for Best Video with a Message. I mean, what is nominated for that this year? Selena's Kill Em With Kindness? 

Songs and videos like Till It Happens To You and Borders DESERVE a nomination for their message, that's why that category was invented. 

monsterdino
3 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

No she is not talking about ANYTHING real.. She didn't get ignored because she was "political".She got ignored because she is IRRELEVANT.She is not popular anymore.It's so obvious.Beyonce's video was about "black empowerment" and it was controversal but because it was popular it got a nom. Btw she dragged the VMAs for "Racism sexism classism elitism" which are NOT true in any way.

VMAs are a popularity contest

She was not popular

She didn't get a nomination. So simple

Ok so, let's say if Gaga did this song right? She has a video for it and there are people in the comments calling Gaga a terrorist and there is so many dislikes, do you think VMAs would nominate her?

EDIT: Btw Gaga in this case is relevant :laughga:

Battle 4 Ur Life
Just now, monsterdino said:

Well baby wake up because the WORLD IS DEPRESSING, what do you expect someone to sing about parties and alcohol while there are some real problems? Wake up and see the world as it is don't pretend like these issues dont exist 

Hey hey hey, wait a minute. I am just aware as I suppose you are of the "real world problems" and how "depressing" the world is. I just don't like the song and think that it didn't deserve a nomination.

And music is suppose to make you feel better anyway. Sure artists can be political with music but that doesn't mean anyone is forced to like it. Just like there isn't anything wrong with singing about parties and alcohol, they can be just as artistic and political as any other song. Art is subjetive af. You should stop being this judgemental. It doesn't make u seem smart, it makes u seem shallow.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Fiona Apple
3 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Ok so, let's say if Gaga did this song right? She has a video for it and there are people in the comments calling Gaga a terrorist and there is so many dislikes, do you think VMAs would nominate her?

EDIT: Btw Gaga in this case is relevant :laughga:

If the video was popular yes,it most likely would. 

Battle 4 Ur Life
Just now, Britney Spears said:

How the hell am I a racist?  :awkney: I really dislike people that try to find racism everywhere. There is NOTHING racist or sexist about the VMAS.Most of the nominees are women and the most nominated artist of the year is Beyonce (without even having an actually huge video).

don't feed this troll sweetie

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

monsterdino
4 minutes ago, myCD said:

Hey hey hey, wait a minute. I am just aware as I suppose you are of the "real world problems" and how "depressing" the world is. I just don't like the song and think that it didn't deserve a nomination.

And music is suppose to make you feel better anyway. Sure artists can be political with music but that doesn't mean anyone is forced to like it. Just like there isn't anything wrong with singing about parties and alcohol, they can be just as artistic and political as any other song. Art is subjetive af. You should stop being this judgemental. It doesn't make u seem smart, it makes u seem shallow.

Then don't say that this is MIA's worst song just because it's depressing. Just say it's boring and that's it.

monsterdino
1 minute ago, Britney Spears said:

If the video was popular yes,it most likely would. 

I don't think so, did you saw what happend to "American Life"?

monsterdino

And for yall saying MIA is irrelevant now that's why she is not nominated the video is not popular, then why the f*ck some girl named Alessia Cara with a video named "Wild Things" is nominated in "Best Pop Video"?

Fiona Apple
3 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

I don't think so, did you saw what happend to "American Life"?

1)American Life real video was scrapped.The video that was released was nothing important 2)The song was a REAL ****ing mess. 3)It flopped. STOP pushing it... :p 

Archived