💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Losing interest in Gaga

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

SpaceAce

You all make it sound as if it's not normal that you aren't listening to her as much or at all. Which it is. Very much so.

The average person has multiple interests and favorite artists, they don't obsess over one and get angry when new music isn't released at their beck and call. 

I haven't listened to Gaga in a long time either, because her albums have been well overplayed on my ipod. No kind of music would be able to hold your interest for an infinite amount of time. That's just not how our brain works. 

I'm happy to wait for my favorite artist, who's talent and position as a figure in pop culture is undeniable, to finish an album she's proud of. 

In the meantime, some of you need to focus on your hobbies. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderLevi2
27 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Sorry, but no. If it was a "bandwagon thing" I would have left this fan base in 2012. 

This wait is the longest yet from Gaga. You can't expect fans to not be impatient or lose interest after following an artist who was very active in 2008-2011 and then slowed down. This is why after BTW the bandwagon fans who were here for her peak left. 

Everyone who is still a fan is honestly loyal. 

Oh it's not like being a fan is a big sacrifice :emma:

Patience is a virtue, my friend.

Currently listening to Joanne

45 minutes ago, Sara said:

The last Beatles album was many decades ago, but they are still on my playlist and nothing would make me start hating those songs.  :)    Probably half my playlist is artists who haven't charted in a long time, but I can't fault them for not being pop machines like Beyonce.  (Oddly enough, Beyonce is not on my playlist....except for some Destiny's Child)

Omg yes the Beatles are amazing!!! Have you been to Liverpool, if you like the Beatles you need to go to Liverpool! The music scene is still going strong there. I sometimes go up there to the cavern club sometimes with my mates its still open now and they have new acts performing and Beatles tributes its so cool

Dominic
7 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

How do you have an intelligent discussion with people who believe they're owed something just for being a fan? I said nothing about pop music vs any other aspect of her artistry. I simply made the point that less focus on what the general public thinks is much better way to support your favorite artist, instead of tearing her down like petulant children because she's taken a well-deserved break. 

People who don't read and play victim make me cringe too.  

Easily. You question their belief. You don't start labelling them selfish and all the other silly comments.  This superiority because you 'care for the artist' is silly. Like I said people stan her for various reasons it's not your place to dictate that and judge. I'm sure Gaga would condem such behaviour.

Tearing her down? Oh my. The dramatics. People are saying they're losing interest. That is not a bad thing to say, it doesn't make them less of a fan because they don't like jazz and SpaceAce says so. Especially considering the OP has been and dedicated member for a long time. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

SpaceAce
9 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Easily. You question their belief. You don't start labelling them selfish and all the other silly comments.  This superiority because you 'care for the artist' is silly. Like I said people stan her for various reasons it's not your place to dictate that and judge. I'm sure Gaga would condem such behaviour.

Tearing her down? Oh my. The dramatics. People are saying they're losing interest. That is not a bad thing to say, it doesn't make them less of a fan because they don't like jazz and SpaceAce says so. Especially considering the OP has been and dedicated member for a long time. 

Yeah I'm sure Gaga would be glad to have fans acting as if her career is over because she's taken a break that she doesnt deserve. Get real. 

You need to read. I never made a point about jazz or pop (where are you getting this bs from?) and if you think some of these comments about her break aren't ridiculous then that's your opinion. I'll have mine, where I'm clearly allowed to state it on this public forum. 

You're the one playing dramatics making my comments sound like they're authoritative and making up things that I havent said. It's just my opinion that most of you are being ridiculous and childish. 

DiamondAngel
7 hours ago, SpaceAce said:

Over the past 8 years, Gaga has performed 500 shows globally and has done over 200 live appearances for promotion. That's a performance every 4 days. In those 4 days, she's also had to create music, create videos, conceptualize her work, do interviews, meet and greets, attend award shows. And don't tell me every other popstar works as hard because none of them went through the horrendously long Monster Ball Tour. None of them conceptualize their live performances the way Gaga does. None of them co produce and write their entire albums. None of them come up with a unique concept every time they perform their single on tv. 

Gaga doesn't pull her weight and make sacrifices? What an absolutely ignorant and stupid thing to say. 

You should make this into a thread! 

SpaceAce
Just now, GAGA1972 said:

You should make this into a thread! 

I would but then I'd get more people like @Dominic Marc putting words in my mouth, complaining that I'm dividing the fanbase and acting superior. 

DiamondAngel
5 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

I would but then I'd get more people like @Dominic Marc putting words in my mouth, complaining that I'm dividing the fanbase and acting superior. 

Ahhh, sweet GGD. At least it's not ATRL :toofunny:

SpaceAce
5 minutes ago, GAGA1972 said:

Ahhh, sweet GGD. At least it's not ATRL :toofunny:

That's a low bar!

gagafan2017
51 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

You have a very limited and narrow understanding of how things work in the industry. Especially if you're comparing someone of Gaga's talent with the Spice Girls. 

A degree of commercial success is intrinsic to a top drawer pop icon...it's not everything but it is part of the package. The new record won't be considered a comeback unless she has commercial success and some number 1s...a number 1 sends a message. She needs an upturn after ARTPOP every artist needs one after a down...good reviews isn't enough. Gaga still has to prove her longevity...she was only a big star for 2 years or before things started going downhill and to most of the world she's been awol for 5 years. It's the truth. 

Miley

Well it's the truth tbh. I mean, she hasn't had a proper POP era since Born this way. An era that ended 4 years ago. She's been serving us ARTPOP and C2C, but they haven't been enjoyable eras/memorable as her past eras. They've been interesting, and given us some greatness (Applause & DWUW) a Grammy, and a new respect for Gaga. But that's all. Now she needs to serve us music. 2.5m people bought ARTPOP despite the poor quality and bad managed era. She is not coming from a great pop era, so LG5 better serve good music. That's all she needs right now, GOOD music. 

SpaceAce
Just now, Luke Putres said:

A degree of commercial success is intrinsic to a top drawer pop icon...it's not everything but it is part of the package. The new record won't be considered a comeback unless she has commercial success and some number 1s...a number 1 sends a message. She needs an upturn after ARTPOP every artist needs one after a down...good reviews isn't enough. Gaga still has to prove her longevity...she was only a big star for 2 years or before things started going downhill and to most of the world she's been awol for 5 years. It's the truth. 

None of us can claim truth until we see what happens. I hope you realize your predictions and statements sound arrogant, which is why I'm questioning them so much. But really, nobody here knows what the result is going to be. Gaga's not your typical top drawer icon. She can tour with just covers and still go viral because she's that good. 

gagafan2017
1 minute ago, SpaceAce said:

None of us can claim truth until we see what happens. I hope you realize your predictions and statements sound arrogant, which is why I'm questioning them so much. But really, nobody here knows what the result is going to be. Gaga's not your typical top drawer icon. She can tour with just covers and still go viral because she's that good. 

I know interscope won't be releasing it unless it's commercial and marketable...they won't let her f up again like she did with ARTPOP and they sent her a message when they refused to fund dated g.u.y and it's out of touch video. 

Mythos

Isn't that just normal? I mean, we haven't gotten that much in the last 3 years, except for people who like Jazz. Just give her time, and let's see how LG5 will be, till then explore your horizon, there is so much music out there . :)

SpaceAce
2 minutes ago, Luke Putres said:

I know interscope won't be releasing it unless it's commercial and marketable...they won't let her f up again like she did with ARTPOP and they sent her a message when they refused to fund dated g.u.y and it's out of touch video. 

Well that's your view of it. I think she sent them a message that she wouldn't be shut down or controlled by them. I thought you were just admonishing her for not working hard enough? The fact that she refused to stop and give up on her album and paid out of her own pocket for her self-directed video, kind of refutes that lazy pop star rhetoric you were just running with. 

Archived