Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Losing interest in Gaga

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Dominic

I don't really care about appearances in whatever club or her issues with Taylor. I don't care about Jazz. I like her pop music and that's why I'm a fan. 

It's making me cringe reading some of these comments. Especially @SpaceAce

I mean why do some fans have this elitist attitude "You're not here for the real Gaga. Selfish fans". As if you know the real Gaga. You know 140 characters on a social media site and a couple of candid interviews. There is no problem with preferring her pop music or being here for whatever reason. It's embarrassing that some find it an achievement to say 'I'm here for gaga the artist'. 

I've been here for over 3 years now and I've seen people stan her for all sorts of reasons. You do not get to dictate those reasons. Have an intelligent discussion rather than throw insults and call people 'fake fans'. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lona Delery

I haven't really listened to Gaga for months now. It's just really boring to be a fan of hers atm

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Slayer

Tbh I'm losing the hype as well. Pop music clearly isn't her biggest priority anymore. Whatever.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

JevyDuty

Since everyone is coming clean about it, I haven't listened to Gaga for a few months now. I burnt through all her songs. Like if I listened to them again without no new music in the mix, I'll probably start hating them. So I rather not listen to them. 

And don't get me started on this long ass wait for LG5. She could have avoided much of it by just being slightly more specific. "SOON" is the devil to me at this point. 

ThatAsianGuy

MTE. It's just were waiting longer than we should that's why but I'm pretty sure we'll go crazy about her again when she drops LG5.

I just don't understand all these comments comparing how many albums Gaga released compared to Beyonce or Rihanna or whoever.

If this is a winner-take-all competition, where the ONLY thing that matters is sales and money and whoever works hardest for sales and money wins, then yes, Gaga is not going to be #1.   

Why do you need her to win in THAT category though? 

Sure, it's nice when your fav has a #1, I would LIKE for Gaga to do as well as possible, but it's not required to be a fan by any measure.

I'm a fan of several bands who have never charted well, or that only release every 5 years.  Do I sit and complain that they just aren't working as hard as Beyonce??  No!  :shrug:

12 minutes ago, Larry Hill said:

Since everyone is coming clean about it, I haven't listened to Gaga for a few months now. I burnt through all her songs. Like if I listened to them again without no new music in the mix, I'll probably start hating them. So I rather not listen to them. 

The last Beatles album was many decades ago, but they are still on my playlist and nothing would make me start hating those songs.  :)    Probably half my playlist is artists who haven't charted in a long time, but I can't fault them for not being pop machines like Beyonce.  (Oddly enough, Beyonce is not on my playlist....except for some Destiny's Child)

politicqxs

because the majority of her songs are generic..  they easily sound overplayed

giving up sodomy and moving to 🇦🇪 converting to ☪ and marrying four girls

Morphine Prince
8 hours ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

I mean if you are bored of her because she doesn't pump out pop albums anymore, it seems like more of a bandwagon thing than an actual fan.

You don't have to listen to her music constantly to be a fan. Our generation is so needy and that's why I think the quality of music (and everything) has dipped down because people can't sit back and enjoy any damn thing cause they need something new to do NOW.

Im considered a boring person lately because I like to sit down with people and chat with them for hours. I hate having to constantly entertain people to have them interested in me (which seems like this fan base).

Sorry, but no. If it was a "bandwagon thing" I would have left this fan base in 2012. 

This wait is the longest yet from Gaga. You can't expect fans to not be impatient or lose interest after following an artist who was very active in 2008-2011 and then slowed down. This is why after BTW the bandwagon fans who were here for her peak left. 

Everyone who is still a fan is honestly loyal. 

MaryJaneHolland
18 minutes ago, Licq said:

because the majority of her songs are generic..  they easily sound overplayed

wut? :saladga:

SpaceAce
6 hours ago, Luke Putres said:

Unfotunately she is in a tough industry where once you miss a beat or take your eye off the ball you are yesterday news....pretty much everything she achieved through those amazing early years was undermined by her loss in focus of 2013. Listing her achievements won't change the fact she's seen as a fad like the spice girls to most of the world rather than a top level icon due to those mistakes.

You have a very limited and narrow understanding of how things work in the industry. Especially if you're comparing someone of Gaga's talent with the Spice Girls. 

SpaceAce
1 hour ago, Dominic Marc said:

I don't really care about appearances in whatever club or her issues with Taylor. I don't care about Jazz. I like her pop music and that's why I'm a fan. 

I mean why do some fans have this elitist attitude "You're not here for the real Gaga. Selfish fans". As if you know the real Gaga. You know 140 characters on a social media site and a couple of candid interviews. There is no problem with preferring her pop music or being here for whatever reason. It's embarrassing that some find it an achievement to say 'I'm here for gaga the artist'. 

I've been here for over 3 years now and I've seen people stan her for all sorts of reasons. You do not get to dictate those reasons. Have an intelligent discussion rather than throw insults and call people 'fake fans'. 

How do you have an intelligent discussion with people who believe they're owed something just for being a fan? I said nothing about pop music vs any other aspect of her artistry. I simply made the point that less focus on what the general public thinks is much better way to support your favorite artist, instead of tearing her down like petulant children because she's taken a well-deserved break. 

People who don't read and play victim make me cringe too.  

I was reading this thread and then 2 seconds ago Judas just came on my Spotify and I'm like wow that's weird I'm listening to gaga right now but for the first time in AGES

I'm

1 hour ago, Dominic Marc said:

I'm with you on that. I'm hear for gaga the superstar. I love her music and the last couple of years I have lost interest with little new music material, but that doesn't mean I'm not a real gaga fan

Archived