💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Something about 'music not the bling'...

Saint Laurent

Featured Posts

QueenGaga
2 hours ago, Saint Laurent said:

so why the bitching? 

Excuse me? Interscopes cancelled the DWUW video and Venus video too. They made ARTPOP what they wanted, overproduced. Not what Gaga wanted. She has less creative freedom because if she goes all out then every other pop girl on the planet will have to quit 

giskardsb
3 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

Yes and I agree with that in many situations, but these artists that bitch knew exactly what they were getting into. 

so, Gaga knew she was going to be sexually harassed and driven to exhaustion and injury?

Just because someone might "know" what they are getting into doesn't mean they realize the extent of it, or the amount of pressure to perform and have hits, or exactly how much money controls the industry and it's effect on artist creativity.

Chris Evans

I think we need to look back at what she was saying when she was having issues with her record label/ atom factory: 

the issue is that record companies are never satisfied with however much money she makes them because they're always going to want millions then billions

if she really was about the money she wouldn't have used the millions out of her pocket for a video (g.u.y.) that her label wasn't even backing up nor does she go out of the way to get her team to take down all her music online 

tswift's team is ruthless in that aspect, you will not find her latest music on youtube, it's all covers and lyric videos with no sound. there are plenty who only do it for the money- gaga isn't one of them and I think her passion for music proves that

Born To Slay
31 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

so, Gaga knew she was going to be sexually harassed and driven to exhaustion and injury?

Just because someone might "know" what they are getting into doesn't mean they realize the extent of it, or the amount of pressure to perform and have hits, or exactly how much money controls the industry and it's effect on artist creativity.

Not the sexually harassed part. And she did the injury to herself. 

But come on, it's pretty well known at this point that labels hinder creative freedom, artists just ignore that for fame, which is fine but th don't complain afterward.

3 hours ago, LG said:

At no point in Gaga's career has she done anything to show that she truly believes in music not the bling so i dont really buy it

The tea tho :tea:, sorry y'all but this sis is speaking the truth 

2 hours ago, TheFame Monster said:

In a Z100 interview for ARTPOP she even said all of the songs were made to be radio hits. 

If that only was the truth :green:

Shaney
3 hours ago, LG said:

At no point in Gaga's career has she done anything to show that she truly believes in music not the bling so i dont really buy it

I kinda agree, except now she's showing up to the studio driving a ford pickup looking like shes been homeless for a month.

AlexanderLevi2
5 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

Yes and I agree with that in many situations, but these artists that bitch knew exactly what they were getting into. 

Not everyone. I'm sure some get deceived. I've never seen an actual music contract though

Currently listening to Joanne

Born To Slay
9 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Not everyone. I'm sure some get deceived. I've never seen an actual music contract though

But it's well known that artists lose their artistic rights when they sign a contract for a label and plus, even if it weren't common knowledge, you're supposed to read the contract. It just seems like 90%+ of artists sign along for fame but then when they get fame, rail against the contract.

aaronyoji

people like fka twigs, bjork, grimes, still get to tour all around the world, put out great, ne, amazing videos, music, performances, and sometimes, even do mainstream televised spots. and they have always refused to sell out. so it is possible... 

again gaga could avoid all of this seeming hypocrisy if she just ditch the lame pop game for the most part. 

AlexanderLevi2
1 hour ago, Born To Slay said:

But it's well known that artists lose their artistic rights when they sign a contract for a label and plus, even if it weren't common knowledge, you're supposed to read the contract. It just seems like 90%+ of artists sign along for fame but then when they get fame, rail against the contract.

The fact that it's well known should cause concern.

Plus I think Music Not The Bling is more of a "I care about the music more than the money" than **** the industry. Putting art before pop but still fusing the two.

Thats just how I see it.

giskardsb

"I don't want to be part of the machine... I want the machine to be part of me. " - Lady Gaga.

SilkSpectre0
9 hours ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Employees are your first customer in a business though.

I agree complaining constantly about your job is not the best route to go but corporations should hear out their employees complaints.

Yeah but lets not act like gaga is some 9-5 low paid employee 

AlexanderLevi2
5 minutes ago, SilkSpectre0 said:

Yeah but lets not act like gaga is some 9-5 low paid employee 

So what? I mean she should still be able to carve a better path for the next generation. Just imagine if the art was more important than the image? But the music industry largely focused on the image of the artist.

Plus at that time in her career it felt like the world was against her and I'm sure she just expressed herself in that way because she was so full of doubt, anger and fear.

Archived