Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What if ...

aphrodisease

Featured Posts

aphrodisease

I was just watching Gaga's performance during the European Olympics in 2015 and something just popped in my head ... What would you do if Gaga perform at the Rio 2016 Olympics opening ceremony ? I'm hyping myself for nothing tho but it could be soooo great ! :giveup:

"Faites-moi des grimaces dans le dos tant que vous voudrez; mon cul vous contemple." - Gustave Flaubert

DiamondAngel

Aren't the olypmics going to be messy as hell this year? 

Like LG5 :stalkga:

aphrodisease
1 minute ago, GAGA1972 said:

Aren't the olypmics going to be messy as hell this year? 

I was thinking about that but who cares?!  At least we'll have fun :lolga:

"Faites-moi des grimaces dans le dos tant que vous voudrez; mon cul vous contemple." - Gustave Flaubert

aphrodisease
2 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

No ... That thing is not Brazil worthy. There are no carnival/Rio de Janeiro vibes in it! (Even thought I don't see Gaga singing a "carnivalesque" song) :green:  

Sizzily

I'd rather her stay faaaaaaar away from Rio. Maybe a broadcast performance? :emma: 

One Banned Boi

I saw that performance yesterday and thought the exact same thing. I don't think it's likely though, songs like those are released at least 2 weeks before the ceremony. It'd too risky and not too smart since Brazil is having lots of trouble. I love Brazil and I'm excited wishing you guys the best of lucks.

underneath the pine

DeleteMyAccount

Normally the opening/closing ceremonies are dedicated to the host countries artists.

ReidOne
41 minutes ago, aphrodisease said:

I was just watching Gaga's performance during the European Olympics in 2015 and something just popped in my head ... What would you do if Gaga perform at the Rio 2016 Olympics opening ceremony ? I'm hyping myself for nothing tho but it could be soooo great ! :giveup:

I think it's unlikely, but I had the same thought! There is no larger television audience in the world. How do you follow-up the Super Bowl? With the Olympics. 

But... those dreams were crushed when Katy released "Rise" as the official anthem. She beat her to it. 

...it COULD still happen though! 

Kylie Minogue has said many times the highlight of her career was performing for the Sydney Olympics because it was the largest audience you could possibly perform in front of. 

Tumblr
3 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Normally the opening/closing ceremonies are dedicated to the host countries artists.

This.

The 2012 Summer Olympics in London only had British acts perform. (Like Spice Girls and One Direction).

Emeli Sandé opened and closed it iirc

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

15jocart

She won't. She isn't Brazilian, she has no ties to the country other than having a rabid fanbase there, and she has no ties to the Olympics.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

ReidOne
Just now, ReidOne said:

...and yes, she brought drag queens!! That's our queen, Kylie!! 

15jocart
2 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I think it's unlikely, but I had the same thought! There is no larger television audience in the world. How do you follow-up the Super Bowl? With the Olympics.

Kylie Minogue has said many times the highlight of her career was performing for the Sydney Olympics because it was the largest audience you could possibly perform in front of.

Kylie is Australian and an Australian cultural export, so it made sense for her to perform in Sydney. Just like the Spice Girls at the 2012 Games in London. Gaga is American, and the Super Bowl is the most American event ever, so it made sense for her to perform there. Gaga won't perform at an Olympics unless it is held in the United States, which has not possibility of happening until 2024, if the Los Angeles bid wins.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

ReidOne
Just now, 15jocart said:

Kylie is Australian and an Australian cultural export, so it made sense for her to perform in Sydney. Just like the Spice Girls at the 2012 Games in London. Gaga is American, and the Super Bowl is the most American event ever, so it made sense for her to perform there. Gaga won't perform at an Olympics unless it is held in the United States, which has not possibility of happening until 2024, if the Los Angeles bid wins.

Great point!! 

Archived