💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why "Make Me" IS Doing Well

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

I thought it was important to share why "Make Me" is doing well and not flopping. 

- With the song debuting at #17 it beats the debut and peak of "Pretty Girls", which is #29.

- "Make Me" becomes Britney's 20th Top 20 hit and beats the peak of 13 of her singles that charted. 

- "Make Me" jumped 9 spots on pop radio (#33 to #24), and this weeks pop radio plays doesn't include the hourly play "Make Me" got on its first day. Radio likes the song. 

- To compare this to Britney's debuts prior to 2013 is unfair because we're now in a time of streaming. Had it only been digital sales and radio airplay, the song would've easily gone Top 10 because "Make Me" was #3 in digital sales. "Make Me" can't compete with songs that have music videos right now, it not a fair comparison. 

- You can't write Britney off. She's been around for almost 18 years. Her contemporaries (except Beyonce, Justin and P!nk) can't even compete with Britney in 2016. No shade, but where did Christina Aguilera's "Change" place on the Hot 100? It didn't. Where did J Lo's "Ain't Your Mama" and "Love Make The World Go Round" debut? #76 and #72 respectively. Shakira's "Try Everything" ? #66. How about Alicia Keys' "In Common"? It bubbled under at #104. Where's Avril, Ashanti, Jessica Simpson? 

So let's all support Britney and cheer her on for the SUCCESS of "Make Me". Thank you.

giphy.gif

Slayer

Yaaaaaaaaaas Britney yaaaaaaaaaaas.

200.gif

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

This wasn't necessary. The only people saying Make Me isn't doing well are stans hungry for more meltdowns and fans of other singers who want some kind of "revenge" for having to be in Britney's shadow since debut. 

Both of these groups will bend the truth to get what they want anyway.

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Nino said:

This wasn't necessary. The only people saying Make Me isn't doing well are stans hungry for more meltdowns and fans of other singers who want some kind of "revenge" for having to be in Britney's shadow since debut. 

Both of these groups will bend the truth to get what they want anyway.

I'm supporting Britney, come on.

I think its necessary cuz its important to lay out the facts, so people can understand. 

Born To Slay

It's 33 on iTunes rn but considering its radio play, that's probably a decent number. I expect it drop in to the 20s next week but I'm hopeful that as radio play picks up the song will rebound in sales and streaming. I think it may pull an Into You. The song took a while to be a hit but now it's coming full steam. 

Also lets not forget that the Make Me video will be good for the song. We also have to keep in mind that Britney will likely promote this song with live performances. Now that's confirmed to be performing at the Iheart radio music festival, I think we will get other promo slots much closer. Praying for the VMAs.

If you stop to think, every song that charts is doing well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Anderson123

Britney is like that lazy friend that you grew up with that continues to just do some sloppy work but you applaud whatever she does because she's your friend and you're happy with whatever she does in life.

Born To Slay
5 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

Britney is like that lazy friend that you grew up with that continues to just do some sloppy work but you applaud whatever she does because she's your friend and you're happy with whatever she does in life.

Except she wasn't lazy before lol, her hard work her first 4 eras allows her to be lazy now and still be able to book places.

Anderson123
Just now, Born To Slay said:

Except she wasn't lazy before lol, her hard work her first 4 eras allows her to be lazy now and still be able to book places.

Yes. I love In The Zone and it remains her best album in my ears, but all of her personal problems really damaged her. You can really tell Circus, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean are albums that she HAD to release just because they told her to. 

It really is a miracle that she has such a devoted fanbase today, most of them who grew up listening to her. Britney is mentally ill and I think she'd be happier if she wasn't a famous popstar, but I guess (I think) she enjoys some of it.

Fiona Apple

I do think that it's doing well.But she needs to release the damn video

Btw your last point was really really mistaken and dumb.Beyonce is x50 bigger than Britney and so is Timberlake :emma:

DiscoHeaven23
2 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

I do think that it's doing well.But she needs to release the damn video

Btw your last point was really really mistaken and dumb.Beyonce is x50 bigger than Britney and so is Timberlake :emma:

I said except Beyonce, Justin and P!nk

Fiona Apple
Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I said except Beyonce, Justin and P!nk

Omg :emma::emma: Sorry I am sleepy

muglero

If you think for a moment and realize it's the lead single of the artist who is said to be one of the biggest pop stars, I doubt if it's really doing so well... :koons:

Archived