Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Is Gaga ready to release music in 2016?

Carmex

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

If Gaga does Adele/Amy Winehouse style music (easy to sing along, anthemic, relatable), then hell yeah she can dominate streaming. She's got the voice, she's got the lyric writing ability, she's got an excellent team, so now she just needs the right "look". I have a feeling she's already figured it out. She is going to redefine normal.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

If you want to diss Gaga, join ATRL :laughga: Bye

How am I dissing her? Should I lie like you and say she's a streaming monster?

LanasNerfGun

Gaga's albums have never disappointed me except for maybe C2C at first but bitch she had me rootin', tootin', and twerkin' to jazz standards so I ain't even mad I still gave her dat coinT. All I'm saying is

tumblr_ndgrxiP6nJ1qcjdp7o1_500.gif

JoanneMonster
1 hour ago, Carmex said:

YouTube streams of pop girls from January-March 2016:

Adele - 862,081,569 streams
Taylor Swift - 791,514,557 streams
Rihanna - 616,407,147 streams
Beyonce - 533,188,118 streams
Katy Perry - 500,765,373 streams
Shakira - 408,583,998 streams
Ariana Grande - 393,130,823 streams
Selena Gomez - 374,590,215 streams
Ellie Goulding - 352,908,945 streams
Meghan Trainor - 321,103,508 streams
Celine Dion - 264,536,517 streams
Britney Spears - 221,284,544 streams
Nicki Minaj - 211,011,235 streams
Lady Gaga - 195,403,173 streams
Miley Cyrus - 166,803,139 streams
Whitney Houston - 147,685,424 streams
Jennifer Lopez - 143,864,891 streams
P!nk - 140,813,221 streams
Mariah Carey - 140,200,770 streams
Christina Aguilera - 114,570,577 streams
Madonna - 107,272,596 streams
Ke$ha - 100,250,323 streams
Alicia Keys - 81,394,600 streams
Kelly Clarkson - 80,315,578 streams
Lorde - 52,859,981 streams
Destiny's Child - 48,935,369 streams
Carrie Underwood - 44,245,735 streams

U.S. Only:

Rihanna — 121,713,012
Taylor Swift — 119,410,118
Adele — 105,240,061
Beyoncé — 93,837,326
Selena Gomez — 65,820,402
Katy Perry — 64,249,195
Meghan Trainor — 50,420,625
Ariana Grande — 49,375,848
Demi Lovato — 38,973,987
Lady Gaga — 31,028,862
Britney Spears — 28,054,173
Shakira — 27,033,780
Celine Dion — 26,363,701
Mariah Carey — 25,774,872
Jennifer Lopez — 16,014,106
Christina Aguilera — 14,104,002
Madonna — 10,748,506

This is 2016! She doesn't have songs to stream! Her last songs are from 2013 (not counting c2c), so I think it's very good for someone that hasn't released new music in 3 years 

I See You

ThisGuyTony

Yes it all depends on the music and the video.

Taylor is a huge streaming artist but her last two singles/videos barely even cross 100 million views. :rip: 

Katy's Birthday video was long and wasn't that well received so views suffered (tho the lyric video did well and idk about Spotify listens). :rip: 

It just all comes down to how she gets promoted and presented in the next era. 

Idk if it's also a reason but I wonder if her low YouTube/Spotify subscribers is affecting her recurring streams. 

bradshaw

You sound exactly like an ATRL member with your threads. Did your petty ass get banned? Why are you here darling? :usrs:

In your other thread you berate Gaga by calling her a has-been, "the modern Cyndi Lauder", saying she had a chance to redeem herself in 2013 but failed, calling her "FAD OF POP." :usrs:

And now you're here in this thread questioning here streaming stats when you already know the answer. You gave it to yourself in your other thread. You just want to be shady under the guise of "Oh darling you're all delusional! I'm the only sane Gaga stan! Gaga is a fad, get over it. But while were at it, why is she flopping at streaming again?" :usrs:

YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER. So quit making these stale attempt at threads questioning Gaga's vitality and success. She will release another album, it will get streams, and you will still be pressed like a damn bug under a shoe. Know that. :usrs:

i caught your fever, i'll be feeling it forever

1 hour ago, Carmex said:

I never said she had to be the most popular. I'm just pointing out that she is a weak streaming artist in comparison to her peers. :green: It's worth discussing.

Weak compared to a few of her currently top-performing peers...and yet strong compared to 99.99999....% of other artists out there.  It's worth discussing if she can make enough money from streaming to make a good living, but not how she compares to her peers.  This isn't a zero-sum game.   Her success is still absolutely amazing!   :) 

Madonna is even further down the list but "weak compared to her peers" is not a phrase that would come to my mind to describe anything at all about Madonna.  She's can sit and just silently be legendary with or without streaming sales. :shrug:

10 minutes ago, Sara said:

Weak compared to a few of her currently top-performing peers...and yet strong compared to 99.99999....% of other artists out there.  It's worth discussing if she can make enough money from streaming to make a good living, but not how she compares to her peers.  This isn't a zero-sum game.   Her success is still absolutely amazing!   :) 

Madonna is even further down the list but "weak compared to her peers" is not a phrase that would come to my mind to describe anything at all about Madonna.  She's can sit and just silently be legendary with or without streaming sales. :shrug:

Madonna is from a different time. Her good years have been long past her before the streaming era came along. So of course Madonna's lack of streaming success won't touch her as an artist since she has already been solidified as a legend for about two decades now.

Gaga however started her career in the digital era. She was one of the first successful digital artists ever. Now that streaming runs basically the industry and the charts, it's important that Gaga adapts. And her lack of streams are worth mentioning, because she's always been a digital artist.

47 minutes ago, bradshaw said:

You sound exactly like an ATRL member with your threads. Did your petty ass get banned? Why are you here darling? :usrs:

In your other thread you berate Gaga by calling her a has-been, "the modern Cyndi Lauder", saying she had a chance to redeem herself in 2013 but failed, calling her "FAD OF POP." :usrs:

And now you're here in this thread questioning here streaming stats when you already know the answer. You gave it to yourself in your other thread. You just want to be shady under the guise of "Oh darling you're all delusional! I'm the only sane Gaga stan! Gaga is a fad, get over it. But while were at it, why is she flopping at streaming again?" :usrs:

YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER. So quit making these stale attempt at threads questioning Gaga's vitality and success. She will release another album, it will get streams, and you will still be pressed like a damn bug under a shoe. Know that. :usrs:

:toofunny:

2 minutes ago, Carmex said:

Gaga however started her career in the digital era. She was one of the first successful digital artists ever. Now that streaming runs basically the industry and the charts, it's important that Gaga adapts. And her lack of streams are worth mentioning, because she's always been a digital artist.

True, if she can't get enough streaming sales to make money, that's a real problem.   Yes, she will need to do well in streaming.  I'm not sure how much she can control that other than to make good songs, which is what she's trying to do anyway.

But I don't see how it matters what those streaming sales compare to other artists.

It only matters if you want bragging rights like "my artist is better than your artist".  And if you do want bragging rights, that's fine, but the real question then it's not really a question about adapting to streaming sales so much as finding a way to beat Adele at something.  :toofunny:

Just now, Sara said:

True, if she can't get enough streaming sales to make money, that's a real problem.   Yes, she will need to do well in streaming.  I'm not sure how much she can control that other than to make good songs, which is what she's trying to do anyway.

But I don't see how it matters what those streaming sales compare to other artists.

It only matters if you want bragging rights like "my artist is better than your artist".  And if you do want bragging rights, that's fine, but the real question then it's not really a question about adapting to streaming sales so much as finding a way to beat Adele at something.  :toofunny:

It matters becomes streaming counts towards charting. Streaming is the new sales.

DeanWinchester

5 pages in and nobody mentions how Gaga's long-ass video prevents people from rewatching them on Youtube. :emma:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

lavieenrose
1 hour ago, A Gaga Lad said:

5 pages in and nobody mentions how Gaga's long-ass videos prevents people from rewatching them on Youtube. :emma:

But it's art:excuseu:

DeanWinchester
29 minutes ago, lavieenrose said:

But it's art:excuseu:

I didn't say it wasn't. But do you think they would go through 9 minutes of dialogue before the song even starts? :emma:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Harry

I don't see why it's so difficult to understand lol.

Streaming only really became huge around 2013. Views are much bigger now, three years on. And even then, ARTPOP is Gaga's least popular era by far so to a lot of people she hasn't been relevant since 2011 lol. Literally every single artist above Gaga in that list has released since ARTPOP. The only one that surprises me is Celine, I guess My Heart Will Go On is just really big for recurrent streams? Also surprised that Miley is lower than Gaga when she had Wrecking Ball and We Can't Stop which I assumed were both massive on YouTube.

So yeah her recurrents aren't great but not nearly as bad as you're trying to make out. If the music she releases this time will be popular and accessible on these platforms, then it'll be big on streaming too. It's fairly simple.

Archived