Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Should Gaga do a supermarket exclusive release like Nadine?

Caesium

Featured Posts

Caesium

Nadine Coyle (aka the inventor of pop music) took a big risk that payed off when she released her debut album Instatiable in 2010 by only making it available at Tesco (a supermarket chain in the UK). This allowed it to chart at #47 in the UK and ultimately sell 13,000 copies, being certified double tin foil by November 2011. Eventually they began to give it away for free on their website, allowing it so sell even more in a "music not the bling" way. 

Do you think Gaga would benefit from signing a partnership with say Big Lots or K-Mart in the US to release LG5 exclusively in their stores and regain major commercial success? Outside of the US it would be available via eBay through second-hand sellers that don't count towards the albums sales total, or her official online store, but only as part of a package that includes 10 unsold copies of ARTPOP and numerous G.U.Y. digital downloads, along with a selection of 6 different artRAVE t-shirts. By removing her music from the usual music stores she regains credibility and allows a certain supermarket chain to benefit tremendously from the influx of Little Monsters' cash, as well as having beautiful shop window displays that could eventually be stolen by LMS and the possible free distribution of LG5 after several months, allowing it to be given to family and friends as a priceless Xmas or bday gift.

Should Gaga take a risk like the risk taker she is and follow Legendine's business plan, or stick with the traditional, overused, predictable release strategy of her peers?

tumblr_nnf9orItl91tvf9p0o9_400.gif

Spoiler

Exclusive picture of Godine promoting her album at Tesco. Think of the candids we'd get of Gaga at K-Mart or Big Lots, or even Trader Joe's :excited2: 

nadine-coyle-debut-album-gctckj.jpg

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Chic

I'd rather her have a Britney breakdown than resort to this. At least she'd still have dignity

I see it being exclusive to a stream service, not a store

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Mess I can't believe I responded seriously

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Batwings

Maybe she can pull a Taylor and have her CDs delivered with pizzas since she is Italian after all.  :derpga:

Regina George

Nadine Coyle (aka the inventor of pop music) took a big risk that payed off when she released her debut album Instatiable in 2010. :laughga:

IS THIS JOKE? :awkney::saladga::neyde:

Caesium
41 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

cringe-worthy :awkney: Lady Gaga X IKEA :awkney:

Wait I kind of love this. Instead of a free pencil you get a free copy of LG5

yassr9zkq.gif 

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, Caesium said:

Wait I kind of love this. Instead of a free pencil you get a free copy of LG5

yassr9zkq.gif 

Buy 10 LG5 copies and you get 10% discount :diane:

Born To Slay
1 hour ago, Chic said:

I'd rather her have a Britney breakdown than resort to this. At least she'd still have dignity

Do you realize a Britney breakdown would include almost losing her kids, humiliating her self at the VMAs, crying in the street, shaving her heard and going so crazy, she'd lose her legal rights as a human being? Among taking years to return to her previous mental health (Britney to this day has trouble promoting on television because of her breakdown). A Britney breakdown is more then a bad commercial decision, it's something that would've killed a lot people if they had to go thru it.

Chic
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

Do you realize a Britney breakdown would include almost losing her kids, humiliating her self at the VMAs, crying in the street, shaving her heard and going so crazy, she'd lose her legal rights as a human being? Among taking years to return to her previous mental health (Britney to this day has trouble promoting on television because of her breakdown). A Britney breakdown is more then a bad commercial decision, it's something that would've killed a lot people if they had to go thru it.

Did you mean: joke

Born To Slay
Just now, Chic said:

Did you mean: joke

Oh okay, btw I don't know if that's you in your avI but if it is, u look fab.

Archived