• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life

this b* is a mess

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

weed
4 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I semi-care, but I don't care more than I care about other females getting beaten up by their lovers or husbands. I don't see why I should feel like a good person for only caring about Rihanna because she's in gossip magazines, nor do I see why anyone else should.

I don't get why you automatically connect the gravity of someone's mistake to the presence of media attention and wealth. The two don't seem to have anything to do with the other imo. Again, if it's about morals alone, that shouldn't have anything to do with it.

I don't mean care as in you'll cry for Rihanna, I mean care as in would you go to a Chris brown concert despite what he's done? Buy his album, etc.

and I don't connect the gravity of someone's mistake to the presence of media attention and wealth. I mentioned money and paparazzi because you said "I'd like to see you angels quit" and i'm saying, if I work minimum wage and my boss says "I wanna kill gays", I can't say no thanks and leave. I can't afford to. If I had millions of dollars and fans, however, and a potential coworker said "I wanna kill black people," then I can definitely say no thanks and stop working with them.

MonsterOfSpain
1 minute ago, BrothaGaga said:

they can still do it again. another tour with gaga + kanye

Lmao bye

Brooke Candy

Good that Gaga ditched him :applause:

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Sister

He is such a self assuming jerk, I am glad that Gaga cancelled that and found a reason outside of her own opportunities.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, neptugne said:

I don't mean care as in you'll cry for Rihanna, I mean care as in would you go to a Chris brown concert despite what he's done? Buy his album, etc.

Sure.

I can still stomach going to a Gaga concert after she denied Israel's war crimes just to get her name in the Israeli press in a way that didn't mention her flop concert with the terrible turn-out compared to her competition, so I'm sure if I liked Chris' work (which I don't) I wouldn't care, I have nothing to do with his anger issues, and it's not my job to make him aware that something's wrong, and maybe he should try to fix his issues. He has family, friends, and acquaintances who can do that for him, and so does Rihanna.

Didymus
10 minutes ago, neptugne said:

and I don't connect the gravity of someone's mistake to the presence of media attention and wealth. I mentioned money and paparazzi because you said "I'd like to see you angels quit" and i'm saying, if I work minimum wage and my boss says "I wanna kill gays", I can't say no thanks and leave. I can't afford to. If I had millions of dollars and fans, however, and a potential coworker said "I wanna kill black people," then I can definitely say no thanks and stop working with them.

Good point, in theory, but you admit to the philosophy of "money first". Gaga could also afford, financially, to go on tour with Kanye even if it flopped due to his media backlash, but she didn't because she didn't want to be connected to him and catch his stench of failure, so she could enjoy more commercial success. So I could actually use that argument against you. Money spoke louder than values.

This is her response to Kanye's outburst on the VMA's:

It just wasn't the right timing. I don't want to embellish on it too much, because I want to respect Kanye's privacy. But we just had our own reasons. We're real friends, real friends can make decisions like that, and we wanted to keep the momentum going in terms of pop music staying innovative with hip-hop and R&B, and we really wanted to do it, and it just wasn't the right time. But who's to say what will happen in the future?

None of that even slightly implied Gaga had a personal issue with Kanye after he slammed Taylor's VMA win at all (in fact, she implies the opposite, especially since she never even made a comment about it at all). Kanye later denied he was involved in the decision-making. So yeah, we do know what happened, and it's not about Gaga playing the good fairy.

weed
6 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Good point, in theory, but you admit to the philosophy of "money first". Gaga could also afford, financially, to go on tour with Kanye even if it flopped due to his media backlash, but she didn't because she didn't want to be connected to him and catch his stench of failure, so she could enjoy more commercial success. So I could actually use that argument against you. Money spoke louder than values.

This is her response to Kanye's outburst on the VMA's:

It just wasn't the right timing. I don't want to embellish on it too much, because I want to respect Kanye's privacy. But we just had our own reasons. We're real friends, real friends can make decisions like that, and we wanted to keep the momentum going in terms of pop music staying innovative with hip-hop and R&B, and we really wanted to do it, and it just wasn't the right time. But who's to say what will happen in the future?

None of that even slightly implied Gaga disagreed about Kanye slamming Taylor's VMA win at all (in fact, she implies the opposite, especially since she never even made a comment about it at all). Kanye later denied he was involved in the decision-making. So yeah, we do know what happened, and it's not about Gaga playing the good fairy.

Except the incident didn't bring Kanye any financial problems (that I can see). His next album went #1, it sold over a million copies in the US, he got Grammys from it, etc. Gaga is the queen of controversy, she's made tons of money from it. I think she knew the tour would still make money and decided to play the good fairy :flutter:

Didymus
Just now, neptugne said:

Except the incident didn't bring Kanye any financial problems (that I can see). His next album went #1, it sold over a million copies in the US, he got Grammys from it, etc. Gaga is the queen of controversy, she's made tons of money from it. I think she knew the tour would still make money and decided to play the good fairy :flutter:

I didn't say anything about Kanye's commercial success. Unless Gaga has the gift of seeing in the future, I don't even see how it matters to our conversation.

Just in general I don't get what you're saying here. You started out saying that Gaga made a decision based on her personal feelings about what Kanye did, and now you're saying she's the queen of controversy and just wanted to get out of the situation with a commercial triumph. What?

Weasel
1 hour ago, MonsterOfficial said:

OT: look how grand the stage was supposed to be :giveup:

gf6Tj.png

When will the inflatable blur at ArtRave? Should've just stored this and used it later on since I assume it was already paid for anyway. 

weed
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I didn't say anything about Kanye's commercial success. Unless Gaga has the gift of seeing in the future, I don't even see how it matters to our conversation.

Just in general I don't get what you're saying here. You started out saying that Gaga made a decision based on her personal feelings about what Kanye did, and now you're saying she's the queen of controversy and just wanted to get out of the situation with a commercial triumph. What?

I'm saying Gaga made a decision based on her personal feelings, still. Please highlight exactly where I said she wanted to get out of the situation with a commercial triumph. You assume she thought the Fame Kills tour would flop bc of Kanye and she would "catch his stench of failure," (which is why I brought up his next album sales, bc where is this failure you're talking about). I'm saying she thought it would be even more successful because of Kanye (as that was controversy, and she knows controversy), but still decided to pull out due to moral reasons. 

Archived