Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Wishlist For A Gaga Biopic

GagasFilthyPop

Featured Posts

GagasFilthyPop

I know a Gaga biopic/biographical film is too early in her career.

Let's imagine that it was announced that a biographical film on Gaga's life was just announced. I'm not talking about a documentary film, like Part of Me.

What would you want to happen? Who would you want to play Gaga and everyone affiliated with her? Would you want that actress to provide vocals or lip sync to prerecorded performance audio? Should Gaga herself be involved with the making of it? Should it detail everything in her pre-fame era? What iconic moments in her life can the biopic recreate?

"We could be caught, we're both convicted criminals of thought."

Yuuri

I don't think it's too early in her career for a film. 1D had one just a few years into their career, like 3/4 years.

KURUSHITOVSKA

She should do herself like Katy and 1D did.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

weed

well i mean if it's like a hollywood, very well done movie, i wouldn't want it done until gaga is 70+ or dead tbh. but yeah i'd want the actress to provide vocals, but computer edited to sound more like Gaga's. I think 20 minutes showing from birth to release of Just Dance, and it goes from there, showing the highs and lows.

Kermit

:excuseu: For it NOT to be cancelled.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Shipper

Gaga should do Barbra Streisand's biopic first.

She got the pipes, got the nose, and they seem like they are friends cause she visited Barbra's house before. If Barbra picks her, there will be no "OH NO BARBRA will never approve--" problem happening like what happened to the Bowie tribute.

640_Lady_Gaga_Barbra_Streisand.jpg

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Yuuri
Just now, DominicB said:

:excuseu: For it NOT to be cancelled.

Gaga had creative differences with herself :excuseu:

Kermit
4 minutes ago, Misaki said:

Gaga had creative differences with herself :excuseu:

Gaga had creative difference with cameras. Reasonable explanation for there being no new video yet, as well as no appearance in TIHTY (Could have just sat at a piano and sang in black and white). :excuseu:

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

PunkTheFunk

Brad Pitt as RedOne

Meghan Trainor as Chewbacca Mom

Madonna as herself

OMonster

I would want the actress to lip-sync to Gaga's own vocals for sure. I'd also want for the film to cover her time in high-school right up to the beginning of 'Gaga' in the Fame era. That's where it should start before moving chronologically through her career. I would want a big focus on ARTPOP, her 'breakdown' and her re-invention. The film would have to reflect that the Gaga we see today is so inherently different to the Gaga we most recently saw in 2014. She is a different person. 

subtext / fantasy

BuzzcutSeason

I mean i'm surprised they didn't make one and release it alongside a greatest hits album because it looks like we are never gonna GET another album that isn't jazz

Lord Temptation

It would have to be an HBO anthology series. With someone like Scorceses or Paul Thomas Anderson at the helm. It would cover the entire history of pop music, and the history of New York City, from 1986-2016. It will be gritty, raw and darkly humorous. 

The Godfather meets Boogie Nights.

I mean, this is Lady Gaga we're talking about.

Chromatislaps
34 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Brad Pitt as RedOne

Meghan Trainor as Chewbacca Mom

Madonna as herself

b̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ nun :rip: not Chewbacca Mom :rip: 

HOTNebraskaGuy

This. 

tumblr_mcym1fO34s1qc4a6lo2_250.gif

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Joshie S

This thread put a smile on my face. I'm so glad to be a Monster in this time, Gaga's prime time. We will look back in another 30 years, and be like "damn we partied hard" and "haha Gaga will always be my Mother", look down at our tattoos that we got inspired by Gaga, look back at photos of where we painted our faces, and called each other Monsters...

Hearing people talk about a movie about Gaga's life just warms my heart, I had this exact same thought, so many older artists are getting their own films, and honestly I'd love to see what Hollywood would do for Gaga's life. 

You know, I'd actually not want Gaga to be TOO old, basically because I feel like there would be too much to cover in the film, and there wouldn't be enough time, or obviously do what another person said by doing a HBO series. 

That way, Gaga could also be a creative consultant, and, I say only a creative consultant, not director, not producer etc. I say only consultant because I wouldn't want Gaga to have TOO much input into it, otherwise it'll turn out just like another music video. As I said I would love to see what Hollywood would make Gaga's life out to be. Gaga would still be there to help the film and to you know, correct it and add her input, but she wouldn't be in control of it, because as you all know when Gaga is control of something fully, she takes her time... :P)

I'd love if it got done in another 15-20 years, that'd be a good time to kind of look back on her life (as she would be approaching 50) :)

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Archived