Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
funny

Wikipedia recognizes Born This Way as a gay anthem

Red

Featured Posts

Uh, excuse me, where is the achievement tag in the GT subforum :laughga: 

Anyways, today I was listening to I Will Survive and then I wondered: how the hell it became a gay anthem? So I went to Wikipedia to do my research. And I noticed there was an article for "gay anthem". I clicked to see what song was in there, AND GUESS WHAT???

"According to Popular Music, a music journal, the song most commonly identified as a gay anthem is "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor.[3] The song is described as "a classic emblem of gay culture in the post-Stonewall and AIDS eras and arguably disco’s greatest anthem." UK LGBT rights charity Stonewall named Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" the most empowering song of the 2000s decade for LGBT people,[4] and Elton John predicted it would replace "I Will Survive" as the pre-eminent gay anthem.[2] Diana Ross's "I'm Coming Out", ABBA's "Dancing Queen", Lady Gaga's "Born This Way", and "Y.M.C.A." by The Village People are also widely regarded as gay anthems, although not all of them were written with that purpose by their composers.[2][5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_anthem

THE RECOGNITION

THE OFFICIAL DEFINITION

THE IMPACT

tumblr_o2g05g4vPY1qkhvl9o1_250.gif

WHEN WILL YOUR FAVE HAVE A SONG OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED BY THE IRREFUTABLE WIKIPEDIA AS A GAY ANTHEM??? WHENNN?????

kpI0P.gif

REJOICE SISTREN

7DA1BQH.gif

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Born To Slay

Why must they take songs meant for everyone and make it as if it's specially for gay people? It counts Beautiful as a gay anthem, how the **** is it a gay anthem? It the only requirement that the song is inspiring and by a pop girl?

Just now, Born To Slay said:

Why must they take songs meant for everyone and make it as if it's specially for gay people? It counts Beautiful as a gay anthem, how the **** is it a gay anthem? It the only requirement that the song is inspiring and by a pop girl?

I don't know but if it's in the Wikipedia, it must be true :diane: 

Slayer

The impact is undeniable. At every gay pride parade I've been to, there has always been 'Born This Way' flags and there is always a float blaring the song loudly. I love it. Makes me proud to be her fan more than it does to be gay tbh. :laughga:

9221929476-born-this-way-rainbow-flag.jp

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Andrew Warhola
3 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

It counts Beautiful as a gay anthem, how the **** is it a gay anthem? It the only requirement that the song is inspiring and by a pop girl?

Because it is. Have you seen the video?

3 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Why must they take songs meant for everyone and make it as if it's specially for gay people?

By that logic, Born This Way wouldn't be featured in that article, either.

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

Born To Slay
2 minutes ago, Andrew Warhola said:

By that logic, Born This Way wouldn't be featured on that article, either.

No, I hadn't seen it, i just watched it. Ur right, sorry for speaking in ignorance. 

5 minutes ago, Andrew Warhola said:

By that logic, Born This Way wouldn't be featured in that article, either.

Firework has a gay kiss and it hasn't been certified as an official gay anthem by the one and only Wikipedia yet

tumblr_oaa1nhiHwf1u6n38po1_250.gif

Andrew Warhola
7 minutes ago, Red said:

Firework has a gay kiss and it hasn't been certified as an official gay anthem by the one and only Wikipedia yet

giphy.gif

But in all seriousness, Stripped always gets paid dust and I'm glad they included Beautiful in this article. She might not have been the pioneer, but the singles included everything you see the rest of the pop girls doing nowadays: 

Can't Hold Us Down and its feminist message.

Fighter and the dark + odd visuals. (I won't go into detail :green:)

Beautiful, the LGBT anthem.

And Dirrty, the unapologetic and aggressive representation of sexuality.

4 minutes ago, Andrew Warhola said:

giphy.gif

But in all seriousness, Stripped always gets paid dust and I'm glad they included Beautiful in this article. She might not have been the pioneer, but the singles included everything you see the rest of the pop girls doing nowadays: 

Can't Hold Us Down and its feminist message.

Fighter and the dark + odd visuals. (I won't go into detail :green:)

Beautiful, the LGBT anthem.

And Dirrty, the unapologetic and aggressive representation of sexuality.

Xtina, the great defender of the weak and oppressed

Andrew Warhola
Just now, Red said:

Xtina, the great defender of the weak and oppressed

Stan for underrated talent

giphy.gif

QueenGaga
21 minutes ago, Red said:

Just a gay kiss doesn't mean it's a gay anthem for gay rights. Bloody Katy fans in GGD :saladga:

Just now, QueenGaga said:

Just a gay kiss doesn't mean it's a gay anthem for gay rights. Bloody Katy fans in GGD :saladga:

Calm down

QueenGaga
2 minutes ago, Red said:

Calm down

Fuc*ing Katy fans always degrading Gaga and promoting Katy! This is bloody GGD go to their fanbase page! What they doing here!?

13 minutes ago, QueenGaga said:

Fuc*ing Katy fans always degrading Gaga and promoting Katy! This is bloody GGD go to their fanbase page! What they doing here!?

1. Chill

2. This is a troll thread

3. I'm not a Katycat

4. My post meant that BTW and Beautiful were superior to Firework cause they were recognized as a gay anthem and Firework wasn't

5. If someone needs to explain irony to you, it's time to log out

Archived