Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What is your favorite Björk album?

Impostor

What is your favorite Björk album?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Björk album?

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, JEWRJEWR said:

so you have absolutely no taste in music? tragic

everyone has their own opinion

is there anything wrong in listening pure pop?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JEWRJEWR
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

everyone has their own opinion

is there anything wrong in listening pure pop?

I dont even know what 'pure' pop means lol. I'm really curious to know more about that, mind explaining?

Fear, she's the mother of violence

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, JEWRJEWR said:

I dont even know what 'pure' pop means lol. I'm really curious to know more about that, mind explaining?

pop

not influence of any genre

y'all took this thread off-track :laughga:

JEWRJEWR
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

pop

not influence of any genre

y'all took this thread off-track :laughga:

So, Whose music would you define as 'pure' pop?

Fear, she's the mother of violence

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, JEWRJEWR said:

So, Whose music would you define as 'pure' pop?

can we stop? i'll be the one who'll get WPs

TerrenceV2

Let's not compare Björk to Madonna PLEASE.

I love Björk so much that I can't decide on ONE album. They are so different from one another like a whole different experience, they are always changing spots for me. I love the creativity of Medúlla maybe that one. Homogenic and Vespertine:gaycat: 

playground love - josef salvat

TerrenceV2
14 hours ago, VenusAsABoy said:

What's good about Homogenic? I'm just curious

It's many aspects regarding the album. First, this album made Björk change as an artists visually and sound-wise. This album was released after the impact of the crazy fan that send her a bomb. She was no longer the "cute girl" Björk. The album was the beginning of Björk as an experimental artist. Combining heavy strings and volcanic sounds, she named it homogenic because the whole record has the same kind of instrumentation like I said before, they are very cold, and Björk'a voice erradiates honesty and emotional pain throughout it . The wonders of that voice. She speaks, she chants, she howls, she snarls, she screams, and she travels effortlessly. The artowork is iconic TBH is my favorite cover and its the total opposite what Björk was, representing this uncomfortable cold warrior on the cover. This influenced many artists today like Kanye's MBDTF. Homogenic doesn't sound dated at all. Considered it was released 18 years ago.

Listen to So Broken, one of the Homogenic B-Sides dedicated to ha killer

I got carried away:gaycat: 

monsterdino
1 hour ago, Brodinsky said:

It's many aspects regarding the album. First, this album made Björk change as an artists visually and sound-wise. This album was released after the impact of the crazy fan that send her a bomb. She was no longer the "cute girl" Björk. The album was the beginning of Björk as an experimental artist. Combining heavy strings and volcanic sounds, she named it homogenic because the whole record has the same kind of instrumentation like I said before, they are very cold, and Björk'a voice erradiates honesty and emotional pain throughout it . The wonders of that voice. She speaks, she chants, she howls, she snarls, she screams, and she travels effortlessly. The artowork is iconic TBH is my favorite cover and its the total opposite what Björk was, representing this uncomfortable cold warrior on the cover. This influenced many artists today like Kanye's MBDTF. Homogenic doesn't sound dated at all. Considered it was released 18 years ago.

Listen to So Broken, one of the Homogenic B-Sides dedicated to ha killer

I got carried away:gaycat: 

Jesus, I got chills reading this I'm not even joking. What is more interesting is that Alexander McQueen himself shot and directed the cover, so iconic :toofunny:

Btw there is a video of Björk's stalker killing himself :excuseu:

TerrenceV2
22 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Jesus, I got chills reading this I'm not even joking. What is more interesting is that Alexander McQueen himself shot and directed the cover, so iconic :toofunny:

Btw there is a video of Björk's stalker killing himself :excuseu:

Yaasss it is a mysterious iconic shoot considering McQueen dressed Björk AND that there isn't any other outtakes from that shoot unlike all her other albums. MYSTERYÖRK! ICONIC MOTHER NATURE.

MaryJaneHolland
1 hour ago, Brodinsky said:

Let's not compare Björk to Madonna PLEASE.

preach it sis :diane:

monsterdino
1 minute ago, Brodinsky said:

Yaasss it is a mysterious iconic shoot considering McQueen dressed Björk AND that there isn't any other outtakes from that shoot unlike all her other albums. MYSTERYÖRK! ICONIC MOTHER NATURE.

Yesss, Björk has one of the most beautiful album covers, Im planning on buying Post and Homgenic colored vinyls :woot:

Pacify Him
2 minutes ago, Skrill said:

Guys i really wanna discover Bjork but i dont know where to start :(

Discovering Bjork is like discovering your true self. You gotta find a song that will make you love her and she kinda does everything.

If you're into rock, like me, I suggest you try giving a listen to

This is what started it for me :rockstar:

I’m getting on your nerves

Pharamon
1 minute ago, VenusAsABoy said:

Discovering Bjork is like discovering your true self. You gotta find a song that will make you love her and she kinda does everything.

If you're into rock, like me, I suggest you try giving a listen to

This is what started it for me :rockstar:

I want some heavy electronic beats with uhhh mesmerizing vocals - or anything cosmic sounding :D i love Pluto so far

Archived