💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is GagaDaily the new BreatheHeavy?

Spyro

Featured Posts

Bebe
28 minutes ago, Whispering said:

So, this is a start, right? We will now have banners for all the new major releases, right? 

This isn't a pop culture forum. It is a Gaga forum. How sad is it that a mod doesn't know that. :smh:  The banners have never been about other artists...unless they died, but that's good to know that from now on we will have other artists in our banners. 

I don't know, mods are not involved in designing banners :shrug: I know as much as you. I just think it's a little premature to criticise the lack of banners for pop releases before this point when you don't know if this will continue into the future. Everything needs a starting point.

Of course this is a Gaga forum, but Gaga is involved in pop culture... This is a pop culture forum, our focus is on Gaga... We have entire sections dedicated to Entertainment News and Entertainment Talk where discussion is centered around a wealth of popular artists. This is a pop culture forum in the same way that any other forum dedicated to a popular artist is a pop culture forum. 

Pop music and these sort of releases are of some interest to our community - you can see the amount of discussion that has been created around these releases. I just don't think it's a bad thing for the banners to reflect what our community is currently interested in and talking about. Right now it seems clear from the huge amounts of threads and discussions that the community is currently interested in the new music of Britney and Katy.

4/5 of the last topics made have been about Rise or Make Me

avBHvqS.png

Although constantly changing, threads about Rise and Make Me are flooded in the Currently Active Topics

a2h8Ja9.png

In this case 5/8 of the currently active topics refer to Rise or Make Me.

This is what the community is currently interested in and talking about, the banner reflects what the community is currently interested in and talking about. Not such a bad thing in my eyes :shrug:

Plus, as a moderator who has to deal with Flamebait on a daily basis, if this is going to promote more inclusivity, help create an environment that discourages flamebait towards other artists and help discourage unhealthy competition between artists then I'm all for the banners :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne

It's nothing more than admins throwing low key shade saying "hurry up with LG5 Gaga" lol 

(kidding lol)

Sunny

Not here for this lmao. I came to GagaDaily not PopDaily. 

I like dancin', and ponies....

crisTEAne
21 minutes ago, Whispering said:

This isn't a pop culture forum. It is a Gaga forum. How sad is it that a mod doesn't know that. :smh:  The banners have never been about other artists

i'm actually not surprised that gagz didn't acknowledge her GGD birthday gift. maybe she felt that GGD is no longer a community of her fans. these banners are just further proof. 

13 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Delete it fat

this. if not, rename the whole site, because it's surely not gagadaily anymore.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Whispering
32 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I don't know, mods are not involved in designing banners :shrug: I know as much as you. I just think it's a little premature to criticise the lack of banners for pop releases before this point when you don't know if this will continue into the future. Everything needs a starting point.

Of course this is a Gaga forum, but Gaga is involved in pop culture... This is a pop culture forum, our focus is on Gaga... We have entire sections dedicated to Entertainment News and Entertainment Talk where discussion is centered around a wealth of popular artists. This is a pop culture forum in the same way that any other forum dedicated to a popular artist is a pop culture forum. 

Pop music and these sort of releases are of some interest to our community - you can see the amount of discussion that has been created around these releases. I just don't think it's a bad thing for the banners to reflect what our community is currently interested in and talking about. Right now it seems clear from the huge amounts of threads and discussions that the community is currently interested in the new music of Britney and Katy.

4/5 of the last topics made have been about Rise or Make Me

avBHvqS.png

Although constantly changing, threads about Rise and Make Me are flooded in the Currently Active Topics

a2h8Ja9.png

In this case 5/8 of the currently active topics refer to Rise or Make Me.

This is what the community is currently interested in and talking about, the banner reflects what the community is currently interested in and talking about. Not such a bad thing in my eyes :shrug:

Plus, as a moderator who has to deal with Flamebait on a daily basis, if this is going to promote more inclusivity, help create an environment that discourages flamebait towards other artists and help discourage unhealthy competition between artists then I'm all for the banners :)

If that was the case, then we would have had an Adele, Swift, Madonna, Rihanna, etc. banner, because the newest topics were all about them when their new releases came out. All of that is BS and excuses you are making. If it is a starting point, then fine, but that means from here on out we will see artists that are releasing in the banner...but it isn't about keeping up with the most talked about artist at the time. 

This is a Gaga forum. The rest is contained in other areas of the forum. Just like World News is in another area. 

Brooke Candy
1 hour ago, Bebe said:

I suppose it has to start some time though in fairness :laughga: If it had started with Beyonce then people would ask "Where was Rihanna?" if it started with Rihanna people would ask "Where was Adele?"

I think it's nice, it doesn't bother me too much. Gaga news has been quiet lately and this is a pop culture forum so the banners are topical. The singles have already created a whole lot of discussion here, so I don't mind the banners reflecting what is current for our community and what our community is talking about :) 

So it's not a Gaga forum anymore. 

This is just beyond messy and SAD...smh

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Bebe
1 minute ago, Whispering said:

If that was the case, then we would have had an Adele, Swift, Madonna, Rihanna, etc. banner, because the newest topics were all about them when their new releases came out. All of that is BS and excuses you are making. If it is a starting point, then fine, but that means from here on out we will see artists that are releasing in the banner...but it isn't about keeping up with the most talked about artist at the time. 

This is a Gaga forum. The rest is contained in other areas of the forum. Just like World News is in another area. 

But like I said there has to be a starting point :toofunny:

If it was started with Adele, Swift, Madonna, Rihanna, etc. Then there would be complaints that previous major releases didn't get banners. This time they got banners, lets see if other artists get banners when their new stuff gets released before we start complaining about the fact that only Brit and Katy have had banners.  Like I originally told you - I just think that criticism is premature.

I'm not making any excuses :smh: I'm not even involved in the decision and if I thought it was weird or stupid I would say so.

Yes, it's rather obvious this is a Gaga forum. With Gaga being a major pop star and cultural figure, I think that qualifies any site dedicated to her as some sort of pop cultural forum :)

Brooke Candy

So now Gaga is being 100% betrayed / ditched by her OWN fansite. No wonder she didn't accept your birthday gift and completely ignored it. I guess she was just a step ahead. 

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Bebe
2 minutes ago, Brooke Candy said:

So it's not a Gaga forum anymore. 

This is just beyond messy and SAD...smh

Where has that been said? :toofunny:

I think that's an overreaction. The sites name is Gaga daily, you can choose different themes relating to Gaga's iconic looks, you can click up top on "News" to find articles written about Lady Gaga, You can click "Lyrics" to find lyrics to Gaga songs, Gaga's face is plastered on every section, there are entire sections dedicated to only Gaga and we even have a thread for American Horror Story because she starred in Hotel.

Literally everything about the site is exactly the same, we just have banners that reflect what out community is currently talking about :smh:

Whispering
Just now, Bebe said:

But like I said there has to be a starting point

If it was started with Adele, Swift, Madonna, Rihanna, etc. Then there would be complaints that previous major releases didn't get banners. This time they got banners, lets see if other artists get banners when their new stuff gets released before we start complaining about the fact that only Brit and Katy have had banners.  Like I originally told you - I just think that criticism is premature.

I'm not making any excuses :smh: I'm not even involved in the decision and if I thought it was weird or stupid I would say so.

Yes, it's rather obvious this is a Gaga forum. With Gaga being a major pop star and cultural figure, I think that qualifies any site dedicated to her as some sort of pop cultural forum :)

Like I said, good to know that it is a starting point. I will be looking forward to all the upcoming banners from major artists releasing from now on! 

Yes, let's see. I will @ you in my comments if we start missing major releases. This will be interesting to see what happens over the next year, or so. :) 

Didymus
29 minutes ago, T E A said:

i'm actually not surprised that gagz didn't acknowledge her GGD birthday gift. maybe she felt that GGD is no longer a community of her fans. these banners are just further proof. 

:interestinga:

That reminds me of the "Gaga left GGD in 2013 because of all the hater fans on this forum, like you, Didymus!" myth that's popular here, when in reality, Emma confirmed Gaga left because of all the chart obsessed idiots who only want to ride on Gaga's success train and don't care to discuss anything else about her work. 

That's the only actual proof of her lack of acknowledgment of GGD we have, and it can surely be connected to what's been discussed here from 2014 onwards as well, so no, these banners aren't adding to anything. 

--

I like the banners tbh. When I logged in it was easy to click on them and be directed to the correct thread :shrug: And they look pretty. And they are clearly representative of what the forum will be talking about for the next week. And we don't have any recent Gaga banners to use because we don't have any recent events etc., I'm sure when those occur, Admin will make banners for them, so what's the problem tbh. 

Bebe
Just now, Whispering said:

Like I said, good to know that it is a starting point. I will be looking forward to all the upcoming banners from major artists releasing from now on! 

Yes, let's see. I will @ you in my comments if we start missing major releases. This will be interesting to see what happens over the next year, or so. :) 

:smh:

I hope you realise that I have said, multiple times, that I know as much about this as you. I was not involved in the creation of these banners, I have no insider information about what the site is going to look like, I am not involved in the design of banners. Same goes with everyone else on the mod team.

All I have said to you, is that it is a little premature to criticise the site for special treatment to Katy and Britney. If this is such a huge, important issue to you and you notice in the future that other releases are denied this treatment then go ahead and say something in criticism of that.

Don't @ me though, I'm really not that involved or interested 

Whispering
Just now, Bebe said:

:smh:

I hope you realise that I have said, multiple times, that I know as much about this as you. I was not involved in the creation of these banners, I have no insider information about what the site is going to look like, I am not involved in the design of banners. Same goes with everyone else on the mod team.

All I have said to you, is that it is a little premature to criticise the site for special treatment to Katy and Britney. If this is such a huge, important issue to you and you notice in the future that other releases are denied this treatment then go ahead and say something in criticism of that.

Don't @ me though, I'm really not that involved or interested 

You are saying that banners are reflecting what is currently being discussed. We've never had that before, (except when a legend died) so this is either a special exception or a change in the way banners are selected. 

Don't worry, I will. There are lots of future releases that I'm looking forward to. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived