Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyoncé, Rihanna & more: 23 ways to killed if your black in America

Thomas P

Featured Posts

SlayedForTheGod
12 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

When I said everyone, I didn't just mean civilians, but also law enforcement and government, people who are paid to make the country change for the better. May I ask, what can a white person do by walking into a black community? How can they help? Do some chores? Babysit? I don't understand your logic here. This isn't helping to rebuild houses after a hurricane, you're asking to change people's economic status here. You can't change that by simply walking into a community and mixing with the locals. The only thing that can change a community's fortunes are education and money from the government. Schools need to start teaching students strategies to evade poverty (I've always said that all schools, regardless of location or the economic status of its students, should be focusing on teaching them how to budget, how to pay bills, how to save and invest, how to live like a responsible adult, instead of an increasing number of classes that don't teach them anything). And a poor area needs funding to improve housing and facilities and the government should be focusing on this above all else. Pouring money into poor communities simply doesn't work as its been proven that the people just spent it on the stuff they shouldn't. They have been raised in a culture where they buy something immediately because they feel like they're entitled to it and that's it's ok to live outside your means. They need to be taught how to save and spend their money wisely on the things that matter so they can live a fruitful life. That knowledge is more valuable than any amount of money you could give them.

Of course there are problems with an inherent racism in certain people that believe that they are above these communities and that's sad. But so saying, simply going into these communities will not change anything. A poor community cannot improve if its people can only accept help but not learn anything. I actually once heard a black man say (in a documentary about the downside of racial reparations) that donations to poor communities don't work because they don't encourage these people to help themselves.

im glad that you took my "help" statement and divided it into things that i never even mentioned lol.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
Just now, SlayedForTheGod said:

im glad that you took my "help" statement and divided it into things that i never even mentioned lol.

Well, what else do you mean by "help?" Short of waving a magic wand, I don't know what you're expecting here. I'm using logic to try to work out how to help and you're telling me it's not the right kind of help. I don't know what else you expect ordinary civilians do to help these communities. If you don't like my suggestions, may I ask what yours are?

SlayedForTheGod
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Well, what else do you mean by "help?" Short of waving a magic wand, I don't know what you're expecting here. I'm using logic to try to work out how to help and you're telling me it's not the right kind of help. I don't know what else you expect ordinary civilians do to help these communities. If you don't like my suggestions, may I ask what yours are?

i honestly dont care to discuss this issue cause its not the issue at hand. we have a major issue with COPS abusing power against minorities whether it be race,sexuality or gender. and that is what we are talking about. 

black on black crime is just something being used to dodge the situation. white people only talk about it when they are being blamed for something. and right now theyre not even being blamed. cops are. 

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, SlayedForTheGod said:

i honestly dont care to discuss this issue cause its not the issue at hand. we have a major issue with COPS abusing power against minorities whether it be race,sexuality or gender. and that is what we are talking about. 

black on black crime is just something being used to dodge the situation. white people only talk about it when they are being blamed for something. and right now theyre not even being blamed. cops are. 

I understand why you think it's dodging the issue. And there's definitely some do this. But most of us bring it up because it's clearly a black lives matter issue. If you think black lives matter, you should be concerned for the killing of all black people, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the killing or the person who killed them. Regardless of that, it's a black person being killed and that should concern you. If there's an issue within an oppressed community, I think that issue should take huge importance. There are more blacks killing other blacks than there are whites killing blacks, so the former problem should be your biggest concern. If a community can not treat each other well, how do they expect outsiders to treat them well? Your own community should have your back. But if large portions of that community don't care about their brother and sisterhood, then the community risks self-destruction. Work on healing the problems within your own community first, so you're strong enough to deal with the problems outsiders throw at you. And if black on black crime went down immensely, there would probably be less blacks getting killed by cops because there would be less black on black crime scenes for cops to investigate, meaning less opportunities for a shooting. What troubles me is that BLM only seems to want to talk about black murders when it's whites doing the murdering. Isn't that not putting a price on your own people's suffering? That black deaths are only worth protesting about when they meet specific criteria? I don't think we should put a price on human suffering. If black lives matter to you, the reason behind any black person being murdered should be irrelevant because at the end of the day, it's a black person being killed and that's bad. I'm a woman but I don't just feel angry when a woman's killed by a man. I'm equally angry when a woman kills another woman (especially considering that as a woman, she should feel compassion towards a fellow female). I don't want to see women getting killed by anyone. I wouldn't discriminate based on who did the killing, it's all just needless cruelty regardless of who's behind it. I wish BLM would take this same attitude towards the community they apparently care about so much.

Harry
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I just think my intentions are getting misunderstood and too much is being assumed about me. When I'm giving these ideas, I'm talking about everyone, regardless of race, doing these things. It's common sense that if you comply to police orders, you have a higher likelihood of surviving. I'm not trying to victim blame, I'm trying to offer up legit strategies for the people to protect themselves. Is giving advice to protect oneself wrong now? Why is it seen as victim blaming (a term that isn't used properly these days)? Victim blaming is saying someone deserved what they got because they didn't make the right choices. I'm not saying anyone deserves anything, I'm just offering up ideas to prevent them being hurt. Big difference. Well, looking back at it, the cop did react very quickly and the angle of the clip made it hard to see if Anton's arm was moving. But the more I look it, it does indeed seem to be that didn't move. Right after telling him not to move, the cop said he was reaching for the gun, but his shoulder doesn't seem to shift. Understand that it was very hard to watch this shocking video in full several times to clarify this. I thought once was enough initially. So, ok, I'll admit I called that one wrong. But realise that I wasn't trying to defend the cops initially, I think their extreme handling of him and their language was totally unacceptable for officers of the law before we even got to the shooting. No, not every victim of a police shooting had a gun and in those cases, I'm fully on your side. But please note that people of all races have been shot by cops while unarmed before. Look up the Zachery Hammond case (his parents actually questioned why there was no mass social outcry like there was when police killed unarmed blacks). This isn't to excuse black killings, it's to simply clarify that police brutality affects all citizens. And I'm curious as to why not as big a deal is made of it when it's happening to whites. All officers are there to serve and protect and we're all human. So, why does mass outrage only happen when it's blacks that are killed? The difference in population is irrelevant - like I said, we're all human, all deaths should be treated on the same level, right?

Official stats confirmed that more whites got shot by cops between 1999 and 2011. Over and over again, I see population difference being used to dismiss this. But it doesn't hold up when the same stats also say that blacks commit more crime than whites per capita. Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks commit half of homicide cases. From 2011 to 2013, blacks committed 38.5% of murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault cases. That's 3x higher than the overall black population. Black males aged 15-34 are responsible for the vast majority of those mentioned crimes, despite this demographic making up just 3% of the US population. Blacks commit 8x more crimes than whites despite being outnumbered 5-1. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white. A black male is 40x more likely to assault a white person than the reverse. All this data comes from The Center of Disease Control and Prevention and the FBI. Yes, these numbers are shocking. But they're the facts. Yes, there's reasons behind why so many blacks are committing crime. No, not all blacks commit crime. But these figures cannot be ignored and they can't be dismissed just because you don't like the results (I don't like them either, this isn't me purposely setting out to make blacks look bad). These figures aren't based on blacks who were assumed to have committed crime, but the ones that had been proven to have committed crime. This isn't about being racist or biased, I'm just presenting the official figures. With all this in mind, it's no surprise that blacks frequently get into altercations with cops, whether it's for genuine or racist reasons. I never said "why can't we talk about white people" and I never said that no one talks about police brutality. All I'm asking is that we put all humanity on the same standard and stop splitting humans into categories to divide us when a tragedy happens. An unarmed person getting killed by a cop is a tragedy no matter their race. We should just see a person getting shot, nothing more. I comment about it on these threads because some whites have been killed in similar ways but no one cites that as racially motivated or starts protests when it happens. Some cops are just screwed up in general and being racist is just one part of how screwed up they are. We don't know if they'd do the same to anyone else regardless of race. If you're corrupt, you're corrupt and you should be considered corrupt no matter who it is you're killing.

I posted the video to show that not every altercation a black person has with cops has to end in death. That if they comply to police orders, like this man did, they'll be a lot more likely to survive. You even see him talking side by side with the cop afterwards. My point is that I can understand why cops would pull over someone who was carrying a big gun down the street. They should do the same to every race (I know it's legal to carry a gun, but I don't agree with that law). I never said every black shooting was identical to this, as explained above. I just said that cops will be more reasonable if you comply. No, my first instinct was not what you said. My first instinct was "they are being treated unreasonably." But then I read into the case more and find out that the victim did something that could have made the cops feel threatened (and then we get into that same idea about American cops being paranoid because this is a world where people can have guns, etc). It doesn't justify what the cops did but in that culture, they're reaction is...depressingly predictably American. That's all I'll say. I don't like this culture of "burst in all guns blazing and shoot first, ask questions later." It's clear that the shootings is where this all takes root. The entire culture on guns needs a rethink. Now, if policemen killed a black person here for resisting arrest or running away from them or whatever, I'd be mega shocked. Because our cops don't have a reason to believe that a person would be armed to the teeth here. But in America, it's very different. Shooting somebody at the first sign of threat isn't an acceptable reaction to us regular people but when you work in the police and you deal with stuff like this everyday, paranoia breeds. Still not acceptable, but a little understandable. And by the way, the idea that it could be done to racism does NOT make me uncomfortable. It's just that I can see so many other reasons that aren't related to race that could factor in the cause for these accidents. I don't see why that's so terrible.

Jane might want white people to feel fear and guilt despite being white herself because she's insecure. If you're confident in the person you are, you know who you are and who you aren't. And you also don't feel tempted to make other people feel guilty either. We are being raised in a culture that is trying to make whites feel guilty and some of them seriously start to believe it, despite being innocent. It's a shame how a white person can make claims like "I'm not a racist" and no one, not even another white person is prepared to believe them no matter what they say. It drives me insane. What happened to judging an individual, not a race? Jane doesn't seem to realise how pre-judging white people is just as racist as racism towards blacks.

I'm not saying we should talk about white problems instead. I said we should talk about problems that affect us all, of all races. Stop categorising ourselves into groups when anything bad happens. Stop thinking that only certain groups should feel offended when something bad happens. Americans should feel offended that cops are killing their PEOPLE as opposed to offended that cops are killing BLACK people. Unless it's just blacks who are being shot (and that's not true), then it's an issue with how cops are treating all its citizens IN GENERAL. Yet, you keep on insisting that I'm only talking about whites when I say this. I'm talking about us ALL. Of course racism exists, but it's not the only reason behind every black person being mistreated.

I don't think I'm a martyr or a hero. I'm just presenting an opinion that I think deserves to be listened to. There's no need to be so dramatic.

I'm not painting myself as a "revolutionary forward thinker," I just want my opinion heard and respected. I've not claimed to be special. Show me the lies I said. Because what I've put down has been based around facts. I have researched all this thoroughly. If you look up these stats, you'll find them too.

your whole first paragraph could've literally been lifted from an 'all lives matter' campaign. "The difference in population is irrelevant"... stop embarrassing yourself. you're the one that brought that up when you tried to tell me more white people get shot by police than black people. now you're telling me the numbers aren't important. do you hear yourself? of course it's important. if you're black in america you're statistically three times more likely to be shot by police - and those figures don't even count for the amount of victims that are innocent and/or unarmed. a completely stupid thing to say.

oh good now you're bringing up the black crime statistics to suit your RACIST agenda. i know these facts. i find it so interesting that you'd bring it up to once again sway the conversation from the obvious racist murders by police. "okay they get killed BUT look at how much these animals kill people!" you are a goddamn racist rachel. i'm genuinely sickened by you using these stats to justify these killings and it really just proves how you feel about people of colour. i've never been more disgusted at you than i am right now because you know why those figures are as large as they are and you know why those figures are so large. difference is those black criminals get sent to jail for a long time whilst the white police offers gun down the black people and get suspended with pay AT BEST. you'd probably throw a party for them.

"With all this in mind, it's no surprise that blacks frequently get into altercations with cops, whether it's for genuine or racist reasons." THEY KILLED A 12 YEAR OLD BOY. 12. YEARS. OLD. what the hell is wrong with you? it is COMPLETELY surprising whenever i see them shoot down an innocent person. just because you accept it don't you dare try and act like we must all expect and accept these situations.

"not every altercation a black person has with cops has to end in death" my jaw dropped when i read this statement and it stayed like that for the rest of your paragraph. NONE of these altercations should have ended with death. pure victim blaming. awful.

"We are being raised in a culture that is trying to make whites feel guilty and some of them seriously start to believe it, despite being innocent." oh really? would you rather be raised black with the way that they are treated? have some f*cking perspective. with all the statements you are making it's clear you are NOT innocent in regards to this and you are exactly the kind of person she's trying to address. "It's a shame how a white person can make claims like "I'm not a racist" and no one, not even another white person is prepared to believe them no matter what they say." it's a shame that black people are three times more likely to get shot in the street than white people. you're impossible. you say it's not about making into white people problems but then you say this. no matter what you say? virtually everything you've said in this thread has slotted perfectly into a racist agenda and you don't even realise it.

"Americans should feel offended that cops are killing their PEOPLE as opposed to offended that cops are killing BLACK people." - LOOOOOOOOOOOL. i don't think i can even respond to this. how thick can you be? how BLIND can you be???? a racist attack is a racist attack. when a cop kills a black person and gets away with it, it's an indication of a bigger problem. especially when a black person kills someone and gets sent to jail for god knows how many years. murderers should get punished but if you're an officer and your victim is black you essentially walk away with an extended holiday. that doesn't outrage you - let alone phase you - because you're a f*cking racist.

i feel sick from this exchange with you. and you've confirmed everything i thought about you so i suppose i should thank you for that at the very least.

StrawberryBlond
34 minutes ago, Harry said:

your whole first paragraph could've literally been lifted from an 'all lives matter' campaign. "The difference in population is irrelevant"... stop embarrassing yourself. you're the one that brought that up when you tried to tell me more white people get shot by police than black people. now you're telling me the numbers aren't important. do you hear yourself? of course it's important. if you're black in america you're statistically three times more likely to be shot by police - and those figures don't even count for the amount of victims that are innocent and/or unarmed. a completely stupid thing to say.

oh good now you're bringing up the black crime statistics to suit your RACIST agenda. i know these facts. i find it so interesting that you'd bring it up to once again sway the conversation from the obvious racist murders by police. "okay they get killed BUT look at how much these animals kill people!" you are a goddamn racist rachel. i'm genuinely sickened by you using these stats to justify these killings and it really just proves how you feel about people of colour. i've never been more disgusted at you than i am right now because you know why those figures are as large as they are and you know why those figures are so large. difference is those black criminals get sent to jail for a long time whilst the white police offers gun down the black people and get suspended with pay AT BEST. you'd probably throw a party for them.

"With all this in mind, it's no surprise that blacks frequently get into altercations with cops, whether it's for genuine or racist reasons." THEY KILLED A 12 YEAR OLD BOY. 12. YEARS. OLD. what the hell is wrong with you? it is COMPLETELY surprising whenever i see them shoot down an innocent person. just because you accept it don't you dare try and act like we must all expect and accept these situations.

"not every altercation a black person has with cops has to end in death" my jaw dropped when i read this statement and it stayed like that for the rest of your paragraph. NONE of these altercations should have ended with death. pure victim blaming. awful.

"We are being raised in a culture that is trying to make whites feel guilty and some of them seriously start to believe it, despite being innocent." oh really? would you rather be raised black with the way that they are treated? have some f*cking perspective. with all the statements you are making it's clear you are NOT innocent in regards to this and you are exactly the kind of person she's trying to address. "It's a shame how a white person can make claims like "I'm not a racist" and no one, not even another white person is prepared to believe them no matter what they say." it's a shame that black people are three times more likely to get shot in the street than white people. you're impossible. you say it's not about making into white people problems but then you say this. no matter what you say? virtually everything you've said in this thread has slotted perfectly into a racist agenda and you don't even realise it.

"Americans should feel offended that cops are killing their PEOPLE as opposed to offended that cops are killing BLACK people." - LOOOOOOOOOOOL. i don't think i can even respond to this. how thick can you be? how BLIND can you be???? a racist attack is a racist attack. when a cop kills a black person and gets away with it, it's an indication of a bigger problem. especially when a black person kills someone and gets sent to jail for god knows how many years. murderers should get punished but if you're an officer and your victim is black you essentially walk away with an extended holiday. that doesn't outrage you - let alone phase you - because you're a f*cking racist.

i feel sick from this exchange with you. and you've confirmed everything i thought about you so i suppose i should thank you for that at the very least.

Harry, please listen to me. You are taking all this way too far and are seriously upsetting me with the accusations you are throwing about with reckless abandon. I have never said anything racist, I am merely looking at the situation logically. When I said numbers weren't important, I meant the population numbers. The population isn't the important bit, it's how many people out of that population are committing crime. It's like when you look at crime statistics worldwide - apparently the most crime-filled city in the world is the Vatican City, which has less than 1000 people because the criteria isn't based on how much crime is committed but how that crime correlates to the population. If you live on an island with 10 people, if one person steals a penny chew, the island is now considered a high crime area because the population is so small. So, if your community only makes up 13% of a country but there's a lot of crime in that community, then the lesser population theory is cancelled out because the people in the community are committing too much crime in regards to their population. Does that make sense? Black people are more likely to be shot by police because blacks Americans are committing crime at a higher rate than American whites. Doing crime can result in a higher chance of being shot by police. But you do make a good point when you say that this doesn't include all the innocent ones who were shot by police. There is, however, no statistics about how many criminals vs innocents are shot, so I can't say anything further on that.

I'm not doing it to suit a racist agenda, these are the facts, whether we like them or not. I didn't expect them to be as shocking as they were. But if you can't believe facts set down by official institutions, what can you believe? You can't just pick and choose the facts that you like the sound of. It wasn't to distract from racist murders, it was just offering up a reason for why so many blacks end up in these altercations in the first place. Anton Sterling was cited by the 911 caller to be brandishing a gun about and threatening them, so the officers were already against him before they even met him. They arrived expecting to detain a violent man (and Anton had previous convictions for gun offences and he did have a gun on him). I'm not denying that racism likely played a role in their choices (you can tell by the language directed at him that they have a real dislike for him) but I'm sure that knowing he had a gun on him before they even arrived on the scene partly made them so trigger happy. Just offering up an explanation that could have accounted for 50% of their decision. I never called black people "animals," how dare you assume that's what I implied and I would absolutely not throw a party for killer cops, how offensive of you to make such a sick joke. I have absolutely no hatred towards people of colour. If I did, I wouldn't have embraced them and defended them before, which you would see me do if you'd only stumbled across the right posts. I notice how you didn't mention the case I presented to you of a white unarmed teenager who got shot dead by a cop. That cop wasn't charged. Newsflash - cops can kill and get away with it regardless of the race of the person that they shoot. The police force and justice system is screwed up and it affects everyone.

I am not defending them for shooting a 12 year old. I never even mentioned the 12 year old. It is 100% unacceptable to shoot a 12 year old. Let me make it quite clear that there is no justification for that. What I'm saying is purely in reference to grown armed adults, not kids and un-armed people. And of course I am shocked whenever police gun down an innocent person. Watching and hearing Anton get shot was sickening. I don't think I'd ever seen a person get shot for real before. I'm a sensitive, compassionate person, so naturally, this disturbed me. I thought about the he was alive just mere seconds ago, the pain he'd be in, the family he'd left behind. Don't dare try to say that I felt nothing for him. Just because I can then move on and examine various reasons behind why it happened does not mean that I'm a cold-hearted racist.

I am not saying that any altercation should end in death. My point was that so many people think that a black person will get gunned down by police if they're seen carrying a weapon, so I posted the video to prove that if they are compliant, they can avoid being shot. That being calm and not struggling or arguing and doing what you're told can make the cops deal with the issue reasonably. I don't want the cops shooting people. That's why I like that cops aren't allowed guns where we're from. So of course I don't think that any of these cases should have ended in death. I'm merely pointing out how INNOCENT people can avoid getting NEEDLESSLY shot by cops.

You're changing the subject there. Is it so unreasonable to be assumed a racist when I know I'm not? Seriously, look at all the things I've said about race. I've never used racial slurs, I've never used them in my life. I don't rely on stereotypes, I've only quoted facts. I make a point of saying "some, not all." I've made it clear that I have compassion for black people and their struggles. Hell, I'd happily date a black man. I have love for people of all races, genders, ages, religions and backgrounds. I feel very sad that, certainly online, people like you cannot see that.

The problem is, a racist attack is hard to define when the attack doesn't involve racist names. If the cops are calling them racist names, it's a clear cut case of racism. But if it's not, there's no proof of racism. Why can't the cops just be all-round sh***y people? Corrupt cops have done horrible things to innocent citizens of all races. Because they're all-round corrupt. Our humanity comes first, our races second. So, if you get attacked unfairly, your first thought should be: "This is a horrible person," as opposed to, "They attacking me because of prejudiced feelings towards someone like me." How can you prove that a cop who killed a black person wouldn't have killed a white person with equal gusto? If they're corrupt, they'll happily kill anyone. Whoever they unlawfully kill, a cop should be fired for it. But I think jumping straight to racism as opposed to all-round general corruptness doesn't quite hold up. It could be racism but it could also equally be general corruptness. And white murderers get sent to jail for years and put on death row. I've read stories about innocent white people who were imprisoned for over 20 years or were counting down the days until they got the electric chair before they got a lucky break. And I already told you that the cop who killed the white kid didn't get charged. So why are you acting like it's only blacks that suffer in the justice system and whites always get away with murder? And of course cops shooting its citizens outrages me. But that doesn't mean that I can't see a clear pattern in these cases all the same. That's all it is. And by the way, in reference to the white kid who got shot by a cop? I don't think he deserved it because he was innocent, but the cop shooting at him was halfway understandable considering that the boy didn't get out of his car as instructed and drove practically right at him to get away. That kind of behaviour tends to give cops the incentive to shoot. Now, do you think that is an accurate and fair examination? If so, why is it ok for me to pick apart the intricacies and reasons behind a white person shot by a cop but doing the same thing when a black person is shot by a cop makes me racist? I'm approaching it all from a non-biased, neutral stance with logic applied and taking the culture of guns into consideration. My examinations of these situations are not personal at all. I do these examinations to work out potential solutions to police brutality.

I am very sad that you think so bad of me. Truly. I've been fighting for the rights of others for as far back as I can remember. I always want to defend people who have no voice and those in trouble. I started posting in this topic because I am against police brutality and am trying to find answers, conclusions, solutions to these problems by exploring theories that I come up with. This all comes from the heart, I assure you. Please give me another chance. The internet is sometimes a terrible judge of character, when tone and expression cannot be picked up on. Please don't shut me out now, not after we made so much progress before this happened.

Harry
20 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Harry, please listen to me. You are taking all this way too far and are seriously upsetting me with the accusations you are throwing about with reckless abandon. I have never said anything racist, I am merely looking at the situation logically. When I said numbers weren't important, I meant the population numbers. The population isn't the important bit, it's how many people out of that population are committing crime. It's like when you look at crime statistics worldwide - apparently the most crime-filled city in the world is the Vatican City, which has less than 1000 people because the criteria isn't based on how much crime is committed but how that crime correlates to the population. If you live on an island with 10 people, if one person steals a penny chew, the island is now considered a high crime area because the population is so small. So, if your community only makes up 13% of a country but there's a lot of crime in that community, then the lesser population theory is cancelled out because the people in the community are committing too much crime in regards to their population. Does that make sense? Black people are more likely to be shot by police because blacks Americans are committing crime at a higher rate than American whites. Doing crime can result in a higher chance of being shot by police. But you do make a good point when you say that this doesn't include all the innocent ones who were shot by police. There is, however, no statistics about how many criminals vs innocents are shot, so I can't say anything further on that.

I'm not doing it to suit a racist agenda, these are the facts, whether we like them or not. I didn't expect them to be as shocking as they were. But if you can't believe facts set down by official institutions, what can you believe? You can't just pick and choose the facts that you like the sound of. It wasn't to distract from racist murders, it was just offering up a reason for why so many blacks end up in these altercations in the first place. Anton Sterling was cited by the 911 caller to be brandishing a gun about and threatening them, so the officers were already against him before they even met him. They arrived expecting to detain a violent man (and Anton had previous convictions for gun offences and he did have a gun on him). I'm not denying that racism likely played a role in their choices (you can tell by the language directed at him that they have a real dislike for him) but I'm sure that knowing he had a gun on him before they even arrived on the scene partly made them so trigger happy. Just offering up an explanation that could have accounted for 50% of their decision. I never called black people "animals," how dare you assume that's what I implied and I would absolutely not throw a party for killer cops, how offensive of you to make such a sick joke. I have absolutely no hatred towards people of colour. If I did, I wouldn't have embraced them and defended them before, which you would see me do if you'd only stumbled across the right posts. I notice how you didn't mention the case I presented to you of a white unarmed teenager who got shot dead by a cop. That cop wasn't charged. Newsflash - cops can kill and get away with it regardless of the race of the person that they shoot. The police force and justice system is screwed up and it affects everyone.

I am not defending them for shooting a 12 year old. I never even mentioned the 12 year old. It is 100% unacceptable to shoot a 12 year old. Let me make it quite clear that there is no justification for that. What I'm saying is purely in reference to grown armed adults, not kids and un-armed people. And of course I am shocked whenever police gun down an innocent person. Watching and hearing Anton get shot was sickening. I don't think I'd ever seen a person get shot for real before. I'm a sensitive, compassionate person, so naturally, this disturbed me. I thought about the he was alive just mere seconds ago, the pain he'd be in, the family he'd left behind. Don't dare try to say that I felt nothing for him. Just because I can then move on and examine various reasons behind why it happened does not mean that I'm a cold-hearted racist.

I am not saying that any altercation should end in death. My point was that so many people think that a black person will get gunned down by police if they're seen carrying a weapon, so I posted the video to prove that if they are compliant, they can avoid being shot. That being calm and not struggling or arguing and doing what you're told can make the cops deal with the issue reasonably. I don't want the cops shooting people. That's why I like that cops aren't allowed guns where we're from. So of course I don't think that any of these cases should have ended in death. I'm merely pointing out how INNOCENT people can avoid getting NEEDLESSLY shot by cops.

You're changing the subject there. Is it so unreasonable to be assumed a racist when I know I'm not? Seriously, look at all the things I've said about race. I've never used racial slurs, I've never used them in my life. I don't rely on stereotypes, I've only quoted facts. I make a point of saying "some, not all." I've made it clear that I have compassion for black people and their struggles. Hell, I'd happily date a black man. I have love for people of all races, genders, ages, religions and backgrounds. I feel very sad that, certainly online, people like you cannot see that.

The problem is, a racist attack is hard to define when the attack doesn't involve racist names. If the cops are calling them racist names, it's a clear cut case of racism. But if it's not, there's no proof of racism. Why can't the cops just be all-round sh***y people? Corrupt cops have done horrible things to innocent citizens of all races. Because they're all-round corrupt. Our humanity comes first, our races second. So, if you get attacked unfairly, your first thought should be: "This is a horrible person," as opposed to, "They attacking me because of prejudiced feelings towards someone like me." How can you prove that a cop who killed a black person wouldn't have killed a white person with equal gusto? If they're corrupt, they'll happily kill anyone. Whoever they unlawfully kill, a cop should be fired for it. But I think jumping straight to racism as opposed to all-round general corruptness doesn't quite hold up. It could be racism but it could also equally be general corruptness. And white murderers get sent to jail for years and put on death row. I've read stories about innocent white people who were imprisoned for over 20 years or were counting down the days until they got the electric chair before they got a lucky break. And I already told you that the cop who killed the white kid didn't get charged. So why are you acting like it's only blacks that suffer in the justice system and whites always get away with murder? And of course cops shooting its citizens outrages me. But that doesn't mean that I can't see a clear pattern in these cases all the same. That's all it is. And by the way, in reference to the white kid who got shot by a cop? I don't think he deserved it because he was innocent, but the cop shooting at him was halfway understandable considering that the boy didn't get out of his car as instructed and drove practically right at him to get away. That kind of behaviour tends to give cops the incentive to shoot. Now, do you think that is an accurate and fair examination? If so, why is it ok for me to pick apart the intricacies and reasons behind a white person shot by a cop but doing the same thing when a black person is shot by a cop makes me racist? I'm approaching it all from a non-biased, neutral stance with logic applied and taking the culture of guns into consideration. My examinations of these situations are not personal at all. I do these examinations to work out potential solutions to police brutality.

I am very sad that you think so bad of me. Truly. I've been fighting for the rights of others for as far back as I can remember. I always want to defend people who have no voice and those in trouble. I started posting in this topic because I am against police brutality and am trying to find answers, conclusions, solutions to these problems by exploring theories that I come up with. This all comes from the heart, I assure you. Please give me another chance. The internet is sometimes a terrible judge of character, when tone and expression cannot be picked up on. Please don't shut me out now, not after we made so much progress before this happened.

you're a vile racist joke and i will not be continuing this conversation any further.

Harry

I understand why you think it's dodging the issue. And there's definitely some do this. But most of us bring it up because it's clearly a black lives matter issue. If you think black lives matter, you should be concerned for the killing of all black people, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the killing or the person who killed them. Regardless of that, it's a black person being killed and that should concern you. If there's an issue within an oppressed community, I think that issue should take huge importance. There are more blacks killing other blacks than there are whites killing blacks, so the former problem should be your biggest concern. If a community can not treat each other well, how do they expect outsiders to treat them well? Your own community should have your back. But if large portions of that community don't care about their brother and sisterhood, then the community risks self-destruction. Work on healing the problems within your own community first, so you're strong enough to deal with the problems outsiders throw at you. And if black on black crime went down immensely, there would probably be less blacks getting killed by cops because there would be less black on black crime scenes for cops to investigate, meaning less opportunities for a shooting. What troubles me is that BLM only seems to want to talk about black murders when it's whites doing the murdering. Isn't that not putting a price on your own people's suffering? That black deaths are only worth protesting about when they meet specific criteria? I don't think we should put a price on human suffering. If black lives matter to you, the reason behind any black person being murdered should be irrelevant because at the end of the day, it's a black person being killed and that's bad. I'm a woman but I don't just feel angry when a woman's killed by a man. I'm equally angry when a woman kills another woman (especially considering that as a woman, she should feel compassion towards a fellow female). I don't want to see women getting killed by anyone. I wouldn't discriminate based on who did the killing, it's all just needless cruelty regardless of who's behind it. I wish BLM would take this same attitude towards the community they apparently care about so much.

you're actually the worst.  "If a community can not treat each other well, how do they expect outsiders to treat them well?" white people are the most responsible for white murders as well. but you won't mention that, will you? as if you needed to supply further proof of your racial prejudice. it's so clear to me now.

StrawberryBlond
15 hours ago, Harry said:

you're a vile racist joke and i will not be continuing this conversation any further.

You've been determined to see me as a racist for a long time. If you convince yourself of something hard enough, you'll start to think you see evidence of it everywhere. I sometimes think you deliberately switch off what I say or deliberately misinterpret it in order to make me look bad. I don't think I would have survived long enough in this world if I were racist, trust me. I'd have been put in my place a long time ago. I don't know what part of "I accept and respect all races" (which I have repeated many times) you don't understand and how much I have to try to prove myself otherwise. It's exhausting having to constantly prove yourself to people who don't have a clue about the real you.

15 hours ago, Harry said:

you're actually the worst.  "If a community can not treat each other well, how do they expect outsiders to treat them well?" white people are the most responsible for white murders as well. but you won't mention that, will you? as if you needed to supply further proof of your racial prejudice. it's so clear to me now.

Of course I'm against whites murdering other whites. Just as I'm against blacks murdering blacks. And Asians murdering Asians. And Hispanics murdering Hispanics. Most murder is within the murderer's own race. And I'm against all reasons for murder and all murderers. But I'm also interested in the motivations behind the murder and the complexities and nuances of it and the concept that motivation isn't always so clean cut. I'm interested in all-round detective work and it's a natural instinct of mine. That's all I'm doing. You mistake that for lack of compassion when it's nothing of the sort. I have compassion and then I examine the case at hand. If you're against that concept, you must think all detectives, lawyers, judges etc. are horrible people. You don't seem to like the idea that humans can be complex people with nuanced personalities that aren't easy to work out. You just see one little perceived slight and immediately jump to extreme conclusions and can't wait to bestow labels on them and throw accusations at them. I thought you of all people would be against that.

Harry

You've been determined to see me as a racist for a long time. If you convince yourself of something hard enough, you'll start to think you see evidence of it everywhere. I sometimes think you deliberately switch off what I say or deliberately misinterpret it in order to make me look bad. I don't think I would have survived long enough in this world if I were racist, trust me. I'd have been put in my place a long time ago. I don't know what part of "I accept and respect all races" (which I have repeated many times) you don't understand and how much I have to try to prove myself otherwise. It's exhausting having to constantly prove yourself to people who don't have a clue about the real you.

Of course I'm against whites murdering other whites. Just as I'm against blacks murdering blacks. And Asians murdering Asians. And Hispanics murdering Hispanics. Most murder is within the murderer's own race. And I'm against all reasons for murder and all murderers. But I'm also interested in the motivations behind the murder and the complexities and nuances of it and the concept that motivation isn't always so clean cut. I'm interested in all-round detective work and it's a natural instinct of mine. That's all I'm doing. You mistake that for lack of compassion when it's nothing of the sort. I have compassion and then I examine the case at hand. If you're against that concept, you must think all detectives, lawyers, judges etc. are horrible people. You don't seem to like the idea that humans can be complex people with nuanced personalities that aren't easy to work out. You just see one little perceived slight and immediately jump to extreme conclusions and can't wait to bestow labels on them and throw accusations at them. I thought you of all people would be against that.

if it helps you sleep at night i guess

you literally excused white cops murder black people by saying black people should "treat each other well", otherwise "outsiders" shouldn't be expected to treat them well. ONE you prove that you see races divided despite insisting you believe in unity TWO the statement makes literally no sense regardless of my aforementioned point

i'm not "determined" to see you as anything but you've provided enough proof and the sad part is, i honestly don't think you can even see it yourself. i've never been so appalled by you as i am right now.

me "of all people"? get a grip

StrawberryBlond
21 hours ago, Harry said:

if it helps you sleep at night i guess

you literally excused white cops murder black people by saying black people should "treat each other well", otherwise "outsiders" shouldn't be expected to treat them well. ONE you prove that you see races divided despite insisting you believe in unity TWO the statement makes literally no sense regardless of my aforementioned point

i'm not "determined" to see you as anything but you've provided enough proof and the sad part is, i honestly don't think you can even see it yourself. i've never been so appalled by you as i am right now.

me "of all people"? get a grip

It doesn't help me to sleep at night. It's the truth. I like how you think you know all there is to know about me despite every time we talk, it's just about social issues. We haven't actually talked about neutral subjects without arguing nor have you found out much about me (nor have I found out much about you). Maybe if you talked to me without trying to argue with me, you'd find the real me. When you're always so hostile towards me, it's no surprise if I'm short with you or seem tense and argumentative. I don't act like that normally, I'm very non-confrontational but if I'm put into that situation, it'll bring it out in me.

No, I wasn't excusing their deaths at all. I was pointing out that in order to maintain a good level of safety, it's best to get your own community on side as much as possible. It's bad enough when the world turns against you, but even worse when your own community does too. Your own community is where you should feel safe and secure. I know my relationship with the people closest to me in life is of my biggest concern as opposed to how outsiders treat me. I'm also keen to ensure that people who are like me also keep on side, which is why I'm a feminist. If I see any issues within my personal community or in my community at large, I want it addressed and dealt with so our community is improved. A lot of people have questioned me for criticising women when I'm supposed to be a feminist but I don't think blind adoration for your community is the way forward. There are issues within every community that need to be straightened out. Sorting them out will make the community safer and stronger and ready to take on the harsh world outside. But if you've already got so much in-fighting in your community, the world can only break you harder. Work on healing your community from the inside and it'll start to translate to those on the outside. That is the first step towards unity. Unite your own community, then you can unite with other communities and so on and so forth.

You've been jumping at any opportunity to paint me as a racist in the past, so yes, I do think you're determined to see something, even if it's not there. No one ever called me a racist on this site before you did. Or anywhere else for that matter. 26 years of no racist accusations and I'm getting them now. I'm guessing it's just your personal vendetta. Surely people who actually know me or at least have known me longer than you have a better idea of my personality? You'd be so embarrassed if you knew me in real life to see how much I actively voice my displeasure at any sort of discrimination everyday. Plus, we're both British. You should understand the culture difference and that I approach racial issues with British solutions (I think America could really take some leaves out of our book on this one) and realise that I mean no harm and have my back. And what on earth is this proof you speak of? I've spoken nothing but intellectually throughout this entire argument without once calling blacks names or saying they deserved anything (regardless of what you seem to think I'm implying). You have my motivations wrong. And i don't imply stuff. I say what I mean and I don't pull shady stunts. If I don't say something, I don't mean it. I can see my true nature very well, thank you. I have never come remotely close to being racist in my life, not even the lesser forms like racially prejudiced or racially ignorant. I have a degree in Religious Studies (Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam) for Pete's sake. I'm qualified in dealing with other cultures. Dealing with racial inequality is right up there with gender inequality on my agenda. Yet, you choose to ignore these declarations and facts because they conveniently screw up the perception you want to have of me.

Yes, you of all people. You've been so harsh on me and anyone else for any perceived sl*t shaming and perceived homophobia, because you are against victim blaming, labelling and stereotypes. You've taken me to task for saying hurtful things to you and claimed that I had no right to judge you and that I had you completely wrong. Yet, you can't wait to start accusing me of extremes, label me and stereotype me, put me into a category without much of a thought. And you don't listen to me when I say that you're upsetting me and that you've got me all wrong. According to you, I've got you completely wrong because I don't know you...but you've got me completely right despite not knowing me either. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Harry

It doesn't help me to sleep at night. It's the truth. I like how you think you know all there is to know about me despite every time we talk, it's just about social issues. We haven't actually talked about neutral subjects without arguing nor have you found out much about me (nor have I found out much about you). Maybe if you talked to me without trying to argue with me, you'd find the real me. When you're always so hostile towards me, it's no surprise if I'm short with you or seem tense and argumentative. I don't act like that normally, I'm very non-confrontational but if I'm put into that situation, it'll bring it out in me.

No, I wasn't excusing their deaths at all. I was pointing out that in order to maintain a good level of safety, it's best to get your own community on side as much as possible. It's bad enough when the world turns against you, but even worse when your own community does too. Your own community is where you should feel safe and secure. I know my relationship with the people closest to me in life is of my biggest concern as opposed to how outsiders treat me. I'm also keen to ensure that people who are like me also keep on side, which is why I'm a feminist. If I see any issues within my personal community or in my community at large, I want it addressed and dealt with so our community is improved. A lot of people have questioned me for criticising women when I'm supposed to be a feminist but I don't think blind adoration for your community is the way forward. There are issues within every community that need to be straightened out. Sorting them out will make the community safer and stronger and ready to take on the harsh world outside. But if you've already got so much in-fighting in your community, the world can only break you harder. Work on healing your community from the inside and it'll start to translate to those on the outside. That is the first step towards unity. Unite your own community, then you can unite with other communities and so on and so forth.

You've been jumping at any opportunity to paint me as a racist in the past, so yes, I do think you're determined to see something, even if it's not there. No one ever called me a racist on this site before you did. Or anywhere else for that matter. 26 years of no racist accusations and I'm getting them now. I'm guessing it's just your personal vendetta. Surely people who actually know me or at least have known me longer than you have a better idea of my personality? You'd be so embarrassed if you knew me in real life to see how much I actively voice my displeasure at any sort of discrimination everyday. Plus, we're both British. You should understand the culture difference and that I approach racial issues with British solutions (I think America could really take some leaves out of our book on this one) and realise that I mean no harm and have my back. And what on earth is this proof you speak of? I've spoken nothing but intellectually throughout this entire argument without once calling blacks names or saying they deserved anything (regardless of what you seem to think I'm implying). You have my motivations wrong. And i don't imply stuff. I say what I mean and I don't pull shady stunts. If I don't say something, I don't mean it. I can see my true nature very well, thank you. I have never come remotely close to being racist in my life, not even the lesser forms like racially prejudiced or racially ignorant. I have a degree in Religious Studies (Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam) for Pete's sake. I'm qualified in dealing with other cultures. Dealing with racial inequality is right up there with gender inequality on my agenda. Yet, you choose to ignore these declarations and facts because they conveniently screw up the perception you want to have of me.

Yes, you of all people. You've been so harsh on me and anyone else for any perceived sl*t shaming and perceived homophobia, because you are against victim blaming, labelling and stereotypes. You've taken me to task for saying hurtful things to you and claimed that I had no right to judge you and that I had you completely wrong. Yet, you can't wait to start accusing me of extremes, label me and stereotype me, put me into a category without much of a thought. And you don't listen to me when I say that you're upsetting me and that you've got me all wrong. According to you, I've got you completely wrong because I don't know you...but you've got me completely right despite not knowing me either. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

When did I say I know all there is to know about you? Like you said we mostly discuss the same subjects and that's what I'm criticising you on. Next.

You're missing the point... None of this "unifying community" bull **** makes sense because yes blacks are responsible for most black deaths, but whites are also responsible for most white deaths and latinos are also responsible for most latino deaths... Yet you'd never say "we need to respect each other and unite our community before the world respects us!" if a white man was killed by a black man. EVER. You'd call it what it was, cold blooded murder. Come to think of it, I don't even want to know the kind of outrageous things you'd say with a story like that... I don't know why some white people are so scared to dance around this topic and just be head on with discussing what it clearly is. Innocent black people shouldn't be murdered by police. Simple. Finito. Stop trying to make it about something else. Black on black crime has f*ck all to do with it.

I've seen plenty of people have issues with your racial prejudice though? Unless you're seriously claiming that I've damaged your reputation? Cos believe me the way you tackle these things, you do that yourself. If you're so active in real life why do you sound like a Trump supporting Fox news watching conservative on here then? Explain to me why you think I have a personal vendetta against you... Firstly I think that's a bit extreme but yes I do have a personal problem with you and it's because of these dreadful things you say. Why are you telling me I "should" have your back? Are you serious? And racism/prejudice isn't equivalent to "calling blacks names"... Come on. I don't see what a degree in religion is supposed to tell me about your knowledge and morals to do with race... Dealing with racial inequality is NOT up there with gender for you because your arguments concerning the both of them are inconsistent and you actually go out of your way to prove that obvious acts of racism are innocent/justifiable! Saying "I'm not racist I have so many black friends and a degree!!!1!" doesn't prove d*ck to me nor does it mess up any perception I have of you. Actually it worsens it because you have to resort to those kind of ridiculous statements without actually reflecting anything of the sort in your attitude.

To that whole last paragraph... So? I don't throw out accusations willy nilly but we've had so many discussions about this kind of thing and you just make me feel even more convinced of your various prejudices every single time, despite you constantly harping on about "the real me!". If I haven't seen "the real you" then what are you giving me every time you present me with a college essay? And "perceived" acts of slut shaming and homophobia? I feel like shaming women for choosing to express themselves sexually is the very definition of slut shaming, whilst dismissing someone and their views due to their sexuality and their sexuality is quite definitely an act of homophobia... You can take it back all you like but it still happened. Don't necessarily think you are actually a homophobe but that was definitely homophobic. If I ever tried to shut down an argument of yours by saying "Oh well you're a girl, of course you'd say this..." I'd be rightfully called out for it. So cut that "perceived" nonsense out immediately.

Also I've never told you that you've "got me wrong".

StrawberryBlond
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

When did I say I know all there is to know about you? Like you said we mostly discuss the same subjects and that's what I'm criticising you on. Next.

You're missing the point... None of this "unifying community" bull **** makes sense because yes blacks are responsible for most black deaths, but whites are also responsible for most white deaths and latinos are also responsible for most latino deaths... Yet you'd never say "we need to respect each other and unite our community before the world respects us!" if a white man was killed by a black man. EVER. You'd call it what it was, cold blooded murder. Come to think of it, I don't even want to know the kind of outrageous things you'd say with a story like that... I don't know why some white people are so scared to dance around this topic and just be head on with discussing what it clearly is. Innocent black people shouldn't be murdered by police. Simple. Finito. Stop trying to make it about something else. Black on black crime has f*ck all to do with it.

I've seen plenty of people have issues with your racial prejudice though? Unless you're seriously claiming that I've damaged your reputation? Cos believe me the way you tackle these things, you do that yourself. If you're so active in real life why do you sound like a Trump supporting Fox news watching conservative on here then? Explain to me why you think I have a personal vendetta against you... Firstly I think that's a bit extreme but yes I do have a personal problem with you and it's because of these dreadful things you say. Why are you telling me I "should" have your back? Are you serious? And racism/prejudice isn't equivalent to "calling blacks names"... Come on. I don't see what a degree in religion is supposed to tell me about your knowledge and morals to do with race... Dealing with racial inequality is NOT up there with gender for you because your arguments concerning the both of them are inconsistent and you actually go out of your way to prove that obvious acts of racism are innocent/justifiable! Saying "I'm not racist I have so many black friends and a degree!!!1!" doesn't prove d*ck to me nor does it mess up any perception I have of you. Actually it worsens it because you have to resort to those kind of ridiculous statements without actually reflecting anything of the sort in your attitude.

To that whole last paragraph... So? I don't throw out accusations willy nilly but we've had so many discussions about this kind of thing and you just make me feel even more convinced of your various prejudices every single time, despite you constantly harping on about "the real me!". If I haven't seen "the real you" then what are you giving me every time you present me with a college essay?

Also I've never told you that you've "got me wrong".

You didn't say you knew all there was to know about me. But when you claim that I'm a racist, I think that's a pretty big thing to accuse someone of, despite, by your own admission, not knowing all there is to know about me. Personally, I'd be careful before calling somebody such a thing when I'm still getting to know them. You have only scraped the surface of my character, just as I'm sure I've done with yours. You're judging the things I say very superficially and in a way that is far too black and white (no pun intended) and simplistic. You see me saying something that could be insulting towards a black person and your knee jerk reaction is racism. Why not value them as a person first, their race second? When I criticise people, I see people, not races or genders or any other superficial s**t. I know it's hard to believe when so many people do focus in on that stuff but I don't.

Yes, whites need to respect each other and unite our communities too! Especially as right now, we seem to be so against one another in so many ways. If we can't get along with people who are they same as us, we won't get along with people who are different to us (though I don't think race makes us any different or at least, it shouldn't, but society makes race a dividing factor). And I for one have been saying that whites need to start pulling our socks up in regards to our worldwide image because our reputation isn't good. Love and criticism of your community go hand in hand if you want it to improve. Well, I'm going to shock you because no, I would not say any "outrageous" thing in response to such a story. There you go, assuming things about me again. If a black man killed a white man, yes, I'd call it murder but...I wouldn't call it racism until it had been proven with evidence. Maybe they were just a horrible person, like all murderers. Maybe they weren't in their right mind. But racism would be kept at the bottom of the pile until all the other options had been exercised. Because the seemingly most 'obvious' answer isn't always the right one. I'm not scared to dance around the topic of racial based killings by police. I'm just offering up multiple explanations for them, pointing out that race is not always the sole factor behind interracial murder. If it was proved beyond any doubt that it was racism, I'm fully on board with the racism explanation. But until a reason can be proven, I'm going to suggest potential reasons, sole or additional. It could be that simple...but it might not. It's just the detective in me.

Plenty of people? Try one other person (funnily enough, it seemed like they saw you calling me a racist and decided to automatically believe you). Maybe you saw people talking about me behind me back, then. Yes, I do blame you for spreading lies about my character in the past affecting the way people here saw me. Do you have any idea how hurtful it is to see people who I'd never spoken to here believe the things you were saying? I speak intellectually about every topic I enter and I never post anything that seriously offensive. I don't have a need to do that anyway, but I always check things over to make sure nothing could be misconstrued. Yet people still misunderstand me. So you can see why I think they're just seeing something that isn't there. And I'm a Trump hating, Fox News hating liberal, so there (what's with all the Americanisms, by the way?) I think you have a personal vendetta against me because you repeatedly seem to misunderstand whatever I say and see it as something negative or hateful when it's nothing of the sort. You can't seem to be nice to me. You seem to hate me most of the time even though you've never had any right to dislike me. You started picking on me one day and never looked back. Really, what "dreadful" things do I say? I have never called anyone names or supported horrible things, despite what some people may think. If I said dreadful things, I think I'd get a lot more hate than I get. And the majority of it is from you, so I don't know about that. Yes, I'm saying as a fellow Brit, you should have my back when it comes to talking about an American issue from a British perspective. As a Brit, you should realise that the things I say come from a different culture and that it's in line with that culture and means no harm. Of course there is more to racism/prejudice than calling names but it's a really obvious one and is the first place we start. Does that even need to be explained? As far as I've seen, racists let a racial slur slip eventually. I have never let slip a slur, no matter how "trivial" it could be considered. Well, I think having a degree in religious studies has got something to do with my knowledge and morals to do with race considering that as part of the degree, you will get lectured to by people of different races and study cultures that aren't your own and visit places of worship that aren't your own...basically, a racist wouldn't want to be there, especially with all that pesky Islamaphobia going about. No, my arguments are not inconsistent. Once again, you are confusing being complex and nuanced with being inconsiderate/hateful/racist/whatever. I don't go out of my way to prove that racism is innocent/justifiable, I said above that I just avoid the most extreme accusation of racism until all the other minor options have been dealt with. Always leave the most major option for last. As I do with all situations throughout my life. And I only have to "resort to these ridiculous statements" because surely when someone calls you a racist, you have a right to prove that you're not! Just as you have the right to defend yourself against any other untrue allegation aimed at you! This is the problem with racism accusations - you can't win. If you let them say what they say, they believe they've called it right. If you defend yourself, they say you're only making yourself appear more racist. You say I don't reflect any non-racism in my attitude? Maybe you've just not tuned into all the threads I've posted in where I've said nice things about black people (praised their albums I liked) and defended black people (I'm defending Kanye right now) as well as calling out potential racism at this years Grammys? How convenient that you haven't seen any of my instances of calling out racism in others. What do you want me to do to prove I'm not racist? Because I don't know what else you expect of me. Mind you, I've asked you the "What do I have to do to prove I'm not a _____?" question of you before (fill in the black with whatever you've accused me of) and you've never replied so I don't expect you to now.

Yes, you do throw out accusations willy nilly. You see me offer up multiple explanations for why a black person was shot and you couldn't wait to call racist. You say I make you more convinced of my "prejudices" every time, well, you sure show some prejudice against me every time you bring me down. I really thought we were starting to get somewhere with those PMs and I really hope you reply to that last one because I'm seriously interested in what you have to say. Seeing as those PMs are helping us find the "real us," maybe you should talk to me through that medium more, away from this public circus? I am giving you the real me but because it's always part of an argument or an existing thread, it means I can come off as overly harsh when I'm just responding to something that interested me (and that thing is usually negative, because they're more interesting to talk about). It means I can come off as something I'm not. As is the way with all online talk.

You've told me that I've got you wrong before. That stuff I accused you of in that PM and you called me a homophobe for it? You were offended and you explained to me how I'd got you totally wrong and I accepted it and apologised repeatedly. Yet, when you accuse me of being a racist and I'm just as offended and go into detailed explanations about why I'm not, you don't accept it and don't apologise. Hypocritical. It's one rule for you, a different rule for me. And yet you don't think you have a personal vendetta against me?

Harry
16 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You didn't say you knew all there was to know about me. But when you claim that I'm a racist, I think that's a pretty big thing to accuse someone of, despite, by your own admission, not knowing all there is to know about me. Personally, I'd be careful before calling somebody such a thing when I'm still getting to know them. You have only scraped the surface of my character, just as I'm sure I've done with yours. You're judging the things I say very superficially and in a way that is far too black and white (no pun intended) and simplistic. You see me saying something that could be insulting towards a black person and your knee jerk reaction is racism. Why not value them as a person first, their race second? When I criticise people, I see people, not races or genders or any other superficial s**t. I know it's hard to believe when so many people do focus in on that stuff but I don't.

Yes, whites need to respect each other and unite our communities too! Especially as right now, we seem to be so against one another in so many ways. If we can't get along with people who are they same as us, we won't get along with people who are different to us (though I don't think race makes us any different or at least, it shouldn't, but society makes race a dividing factor). And I for one have been saying that whites need to start pulling our socks up in regards to our worldwide image because our reputation isn't good. Love and criticism of your community go hand in hand if you want it to improve. Well, I'm going to shock you because no, I would not say any "outrageous" thing in response to such a story. There you go, assuming things about me again. If a black man killed a white man, yes, I'd call it murder but...I wouldn't call it racism until it had been proven with evidence. Maybe they were just a horrible person, like all murderers. Maybe they weren't in their right mind. But racism would be kept at the bottom of the pile until all the other options had been exercised. Because the seemingly most 'obvious' answer isn't always the right one. I'm not scared to dance around the topic of racial based killings by police. I'm just offering up multiple explanations for them, pointing out that race is not always the sole factor behind interracial murder. If it was proved beyond any doubt that it was racism, I'm fully on board with the racism explanation. But until a reason can be proven, I'm going to suggest potential reasons, sole or additional. It could be that simple...but it might not. It's just the detective in me.

Plenty of people? Try one other person (funnily enough, it seemed like they saw you calling me a racist and decided to automatically believe you). Maybe you saw people talking about me behind me back, then. Yes, I do blame you for spreading lies about my character in the past affecting the way people here saw me. Do you have any idea how hurtful it is to see people who I'd never spoken to here believe the things you were saying? I speak intellectually about every topic I enter and I never post anything that seriously offensive. I don't have a need to do that anyway, but I always check things over to make sure nothing could be misconstrued. Yet people still misunderstand me. So you can see why I think they're just seeing something that isn't there. And I'm a Trump hating, Fox News hating liberal, so there (what's with all the Americanisms, by the way?) I think you have a personal vendetta against me because you repeatedly seem to misunderstand whatever I say and see it as something negative or hateful when it's nothing of the sort. You can't seem to be nice to me. You seem to hate me most of the time even though you've never had any right to dislike me. You started picking on me one day and never looked back. Really, what "dreadful" things do I say? I have never called anyone names or supported horrible things, despite what some people may think. If I said dreadful things, I think I'd get a lot more hate than I get. And the majority of it is from you, so I don't know about that. Yes, I'm saying as a fellow Brit, you should have my back when it comes to talking about an American issue from a British perspective. As a Brit, you should realise that the things I say come from a different culture and that it's in line with that culture and means no harm. Of course there is more to racism/prejudice than calling names but it's a really obvious one and is the first place we start. Does that even need to be explained? As far as I've seen, racists let a racial slur slip eventually. I have never let slip a slur, no matter how "trivial" it could be considered. Well, I think having a degree in religious studies has got something to do with my knowledge and morals to do with race considering that as part of the degree, you will get lectured to by people of different races and study cultures that aren't your own and visit places of worship that aren't your own...basically, a racist wouldn't want to be there, especially with all that pesky Islamaphobia going about. No, my arguments are not inconsistent. Once again, you are confusing being complex and nuanced with being inconsiderate/hateful/racist/whatever. I don't go out of my way to prove that racism is innocent/justifiable, I said above that I just avoid the most extreme accusation of racism until all the other minor options have been dealt with. Always leave the most major option for last. As I do with all situations throughout my life. And I only have to "resort to these ridiculous statements" because surely when someone calls you a racist, you have a right to prove that you're not! Just as you have the right to defend yourself against any other untrue allegation aimed at you! This is the problem with racism accusations - you can't win. If you let them say what they say, they believe they've called it right. If you defend yourself, they say you're only making yourself appear more racist. You say I don't reflect any non-racism in my attitude? Maybe you've just not tuned into all the threads I've posted in where I've said nice things about black people (praised their albums I liked) and defended black people (I'm defending Kanye right now) as well as calling out potential racism at this years Grammys? How convenient that you haven't seen any of my instances of calling out racism in others. What do you want me to do to prove I'm not racist? Because I don't know what else you expect of me. Mind you, I've asked you the "What do I have to do to prove I'm not a _____?" question of you before (fill in the black with whatever you've accused me of) and you've never replied so I don't expect you to now.

Yes, you do throw out accusations willy nilly. You see me offer up multiple explanations for why a black person was shot and you couldn't wait to call racist. You say I make you more convinced of my "prejudices" every time, well, you sure show some prejudice against me every time you bring me down. I really thought we were starting to get somewhere with those PMs and I really hope you reply to that last one because I'm seriously interested in what you have to say. Seeing as those PMs are helping us find the "real us," maybe you should talk to me through that medium more, away from this public circus? I am giving you the real me but because it's always part of an argument or an existing thread, it means I can come off as overly harsh when I'm just responding to something that interested me (and that thing is usually negative, because they're more interesting to talk about). It means I can come off as something I'm not. As is the way with all online talk.

You've told me that I've got you wrong before. That stuff I accused you of in that PM and you called me a homophobe for it? You were offended and you explained to me how I'd got you totally wrong and I accepted it and apologised repeatedly. Yet, when you accuse me of being a racist and I'm just as offended and go into detailed explanations about why I'm not, you don't accept it and don't apologise. Hypocritical. It's one rule for you, a different rule for me. And yet you don't think you have a personal vendetta against me?

Well you've accused me and plenty of others of being sexist and anti-feminist so how isn't that the same thing? Hypocrite. And when we're having a conversation ABOUT RACE, it's kind of necessary to discuss RACE. I don't knee jerk if you criticise a black person because I'm not an idiot. But when the topic is racism and you're saying things about people to do with their race, yes I see some prejudice.

Okay you're still trying to deflect obvious racist killings. I needn't respond to ignorance that I've already addressed so I'm gonna let that one go.

Oh please... You've made it sound like I've launched a smear campaign against you. It's not my fault if people agree with my opinions, and I certainly don't have any kind of "influence" that would make it so. I sure as hell don't feel guilty about speaking my mind either so that guilt trip has failed, just FYI. Talking in Americanisms because we're discussing issues that are happening in..... America. I know how much you love to drive conversations off-topic (like you've done here) as you lack the ability to string together a coherent argument, but 'America' is literally in the title of this thread...

"...as a fellow Brit, you should have my back when it comes to talking about an American issue from a British perspective". No I shouldn't, and you telling me what I should do really pisses me off. I don't have to do anything because you've instructed me. How dare you? And you wonder why I think you're pompous? You literally tell me what to do... Why do you think you have authority over me? Because you have a few years on me? You're one of the last people on here that I'd take instructions from, so keep that mess for yourself next time you try to police me.

LMAO you are not 'complex'. When will you get off that high horse? You've already stated you'd rather focus on name calling than go deeper, what's so complex about that? :rip:

For the record, I don't think you're a full blown racist. I know I said that before but it's because your ignorant statements angered me and I couldn't be bothered to go on. But just because you like an album by a black person doesn't mean you don't hold certain racial prejudices. I don't know why you can't understand what I mean by this.

I thought we were getting somewhere in our PM convo too but you've reminded me why I gave up before. And by bringing how positive and progressive that conversation was, you defeat your own point of me always wanting to jump on you and accuse you of something no matter what. So I'm glad that I have this to refer back to next time you try and paint me out as a bully because you've acknowledged the truth, that I can be civil and pleasant with you aren't saying inflammatory things. Even though you'd love everyone to believe that I attack every word you say. Also great to see you finally admit that you thrive off of - and contribute to - negativity.

Because every time you tell me you "have a black friend" or whatever, you follow it up with something that sounds very prejudice? I have my own brain and I take things in my own way, and I express it. I don't care how much something is insisted... Would you rather I lie and say you changed my mind? Someone like Trump would probably say he's not sexist or racist, but given the evidence I'm inclined to disbelieve him regardless. So no, you're right, I do not apologise.

Hexxx
On 7/13/2016 at 0:39 PM, Gaga Monster said:

It is not as big of a problem as people make it out to be. Most people who get killed either attack the police or don't follow directions. Most police are good people who just want to help people

There are good police and bad cops. Some people do attack the police but african americans are shot for very stupid reasons as majority of the ones shown in the video. 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Archived