💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why has Gaga never spoke about BLM?

gagzus

Featured Posts

SilkSpectre0
12 hours ago, Bad Bromance said:

Because tweeting about it will only cause her to get dragged to the pits by people who will claim she's only tweeting about it to get attention.  Personally, I don't blame her one bit. 

I think any one with a platform can speak on an issue without detracting from it. There's no need for gaga to say something as it's not her place as a white woman but she could definitely amplify the voices of blm

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SilkSpectre0

So many White peopl scared of being called privileged...retweet black voices retweet black issues. No one needs you to whitesplain it to anyone.

PopThatArt
15 hours ago, gagzus said:

I'm interested as she has a lot of black gay fans and black friends and members of her team [Richy, Asiel etc], she's also spoke out about gun control so why has she not mentioned the BLM movement explicitly? She's also a self proclaimed equality supporter so why is racial equality not in there?

Because the group is racist.

Go see A Star is Born

gagzus
47 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

Because the group is racist.

Black Lives Matter is not racist :rip: in what way, shape or form are they racist 

Sudarshana

I hope she stays aways from BLM and advocates for equality in a more humanly manner.

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

gagzus
1 minute ago, Sudarshana said:

I hope she stays aways from BLM and advocates for equality in a more humanly manner.

How do you think BLM isn't humanly? I'm interested in knowing 

Sudarshana
Just now, gagzus said:

How do you think BLM isn't humanly? I'm interested in knowing 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter#Tactics_2

Loud throats isn't how you fight against racism. It's through education, proving that your race isn't in any way inferior to any other. You want prove racists they're wrong, start a “black enlightenment”, like there was Jewish enlightenment in the 18th–19th centuries (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haskalah). Take example of Booker T. Washington (his biography was really inspiring to me), I'll just leave here a couple of his quotes:

Spoiler

“We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness.”

“Character, not circumstance, makes the person.”

“It is important and right that all privileges of the law be ours, but it is vastly more important that we be prepared for the exercise of those privileges.”

“I would permit no man, no matter what his color might be, to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.”

The fact that the BLM is at frontier in fighting against racism is a shame. Again, as Booker T. Washington said “The wisest among my race understand that agitations of social equality is the extremist folly, and that progress in the enjoyment of all privileges that will come to us must be the result of severe and constant struggle rather than of artificial forcing.”

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

gagzus
3 minutes ago, Sudarshana said:

Loud throats isn't how you fight against racism. It's through education, proving that your race isn't in any way inferior to any other. You want prove racists they're wrong, start a “black enlightenment”, like there was Jewish enlightenment in the 18th–19th centuries (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haskalah). Take example of Booker T. Washington (his biography was really inspiring to me), I'll just leave here a couple of his quotes:

Reveal hidden contents

“We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness.”

“It is important and right that all privileges of the law be ours, but it is vastly more important that we be prepared for the exercise of those privileges.”

“I would permit no man, no matter what his color might be, to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.”

The fact that the BLM is at frontier in fighting against racism is a shame. Again, as Booker T. Washington said “The wisest among my race understand that agitations of social equality is the extremist folly, and that progress in the enjoyment of all privileges that will come to us must be the result of severe and constant struggle rather than of artificial forcing.”

well with the greatest of respect it's no wonder the movement has become more vigil in their fight since white people have been shitting on them for 300 years and even now they are murdered for the simplest things, get longer prison sentences for the same crimes as white people, are treated with disrespect daily and are plagued with institutional racism daily.

The only thing the movement has done that I see as being unreasonable was making the Orlando vigils about their movement, when the victims were killed for their sexuality not race. Beyond that their actions imho are 100% justifiable but sadly white people don't see that nor do the PoCs who have become white washed and tailor to white people and their lifestyle/views still.  

Sudarshana
Just now, gagzus said:

well with the greatest of respect it's no wonder the movement has become more vigil in their fight since white people have been shitting on them for 300 years and even now they are murdered for the simplest things, get longer prison sentences for the same crimes as white people, are treated with disrespect daily and are plagued with institutional racism daily.

But do you believe being more “vigil” will solve the problem?

gagzus
4 minutes ago, Sudarshana said:

But do you believe being more “vigil” will solve the problem?

yes, history has proved it. LGBT rights didn't advance or exist in their current form because of education... it happened when LGBT men and women protested against straight people and the police brutality we used to face back in the late 60s and continued on through the next 30 or so years. The thing that started it all was called the Stonewall Riots and although we aren't completely equal yet it still got us far. 

When woman's rights were in question in the early 1900s, woman across the globe protested and even rioted for their rights and they have much better rights now. So yes I'd say being vigil is the correct way to go about it. 

Sudarshana
2 minutes ago, gagzus said:

yes, history has proved it. LGBT rights didn't advance or exist in their current form because of education... it happened when LGBT men and women protested against straight people and the police brutality we used to face back in the late 60s and continued on through the next 30 or so years. The thing that started it all was called the Stonewall Riots and although we aren't completely equal yet it still got us far. 

When woman's rights were in question in the early 1900s, woman across the globe protested and even rioted for their rights and they have much better rights now. So yes I'd say being vigil is the correct way to go about it. 

makes sense. ok, good luck with your riots then, luckily I live far away from them :green:

SilkSpectre0
20 hours ago, Sudarshana said:

Reveal hidden contents

No one has to prove their race isn't inferior. What kind of bs smh no races are inferior 

Sudarshana
1 hour ago, SilkSpectre0 said:

No one has to prove their race isn't inferior. What kind of bs smh no races are inferior 

prove it to the racists

Whispering

There are dozens upon dozens of celebrities who would speak for that movement in a more personal way. I'm sure Gaga knows that. 

Chelseaaaaaa

Bc a lot of her fanbase consists of racist gays that she doesn't wanna alienate.

Archived