Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why has Gaga never spoke about BLM?

gagzus

Featured Posts

gagzus
1 minute ago, Bad Bromance said:

It's very commendable of Ariana to do that, tbh.  As for Gaga, you don't know if a song is in the works on LG5 so don't make assumptions on something you know nothing about at the moment.

Let me ask you this.  Why do you think Gaga isn't saying anything?  Do you actually think she's a hypocrite and doesn't really care about equality for all?  Better yet, are you trying to say that Gaga is a racist deep down and doesn't give a flying f*ck about racial equality?  Is that what you're getting at here?  If that's the case then believe what you want.  I know for a fact that she is a genuinely caring person and if you don't, then that's your prerogative.

She is a caring person I agree but I do think she suffers from not acknowledging her white privilege and is slightly hypocritical about some of her views. Just like most white people are.

And the fact you guys are using her public persona as a defence doesn't count either, just because she's spoke out against one issue doesn't mean she supports complete equality in all forms. Nor is it proof

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOP
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

It disturbs me that people from a community that has been hated and attacked cannot see why Black Lives Matter is needed, and those of you putting black people down for ACTUALLY taking action proves the structural racism in society. You would be ok with black people complaining about this but you are shocked they're taking action.

And also the fact you guys never question Gaga's intentions or stances is a bad thing as well. Yikes.

I'm pretty sure many people are not shocked of the shooting that happened after the events but I'm also sure many agree it's not the right thing to do. And speaking of gaga she is with two wrongs don't make it right. 

Speaking of gaga's stances. If you dig deeper you'll find many hate posts on her for supporting Hillary. 

I am not hating on you or anything. But don't try to make this a two sided issue

COME ON GAYS!!

HOTNebraskaGuy
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

It disturbs me that people from a community that has been hated and attacked cannot see why Black Lives Matter is needed, and those of you putting black people down for ACTUALLY taking action proves the structural racism in society. You would be ok with black people complaining about this but you are shocked they're taking action.

And also the fact you guys never question Gaga's intentions or stances is a bad thing as well. Yikes.

If you don't like our responses then stop trying to milk them out of us. Most of us don't support the movement, that doesn't mean we're not pro-black. 

Maybe try reading and understanding everyone else's views. 

7 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

Because BLM is a zealous cult that detracts from the important message of racial equality.

It's like giving an animal rights enthusiast slack for not supporting PETA.

11 minutes ago, Speechless94 said:

It's similar to someone favoring MLK jr.'s ideology over Malcom X.   

One, five, ten lay a million on me

gagzus
3 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

If you don't like our responses then stop trying to milk them out of us. Most of us don't support the movement, that doesn't mean we're not pro-black. 

Maybe try reading and understanding everyone else's views. 

Actually if you don't support nor understand why we have the movement it does in fact make you in favour of racism and you're part of the problem. Simple. 

As for stop trying to milk your responses... You didn't have to enter here and discuss this but as usual those who are prejudice towards communities try to discredit them at every turn as you and others have done. And I do understand everyone's views;

You have the view that is from a lack of understanding or in fact; purposely ignorant towards the reason WHY this is all happening, and you believe you don't have to care.

That is what a real racist and priveleged person is my friend

gagzus

anyway back to the ACTUAL topic of this thread, I'm waiting for someone to provide sufficient evidence as to why she can't speak out about this like she has for EVERY OTHER major american social and political issue.

Didymus

People are so hung up on the idea of the BLM movement that's been going around on social media for the last few months :rip: Like, come on, that's obviously not what the OP meant. 

Beyoncé speaking out about police violence during her show a few days ago and changing her website into an educative platform to inform people about their political options is a good example. No "black lives matter" usage needed.

Bad Bromance
2 minutes ago, gagzus said:

She is a caring person I agree but I do think she suffers from not acknowledging her white privilege and is slightly hypocritical about some of her views. Just like most white people are.

And the fact you guys are using her public persona as a defence doesn't count either, just because she's spoke out against one issue doesn't mean she supports complete equality in all forms. Nor is it proof

Well, I disagree with your post and you clearly disagree with mine so let's not continue going around in circles.  It's okay if you disagree with me, though, at least you're respectful about it and civil, unlike some other members in this forum.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

PartySick
10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Of course and I follow your logic. I just wish she was a bit more vocal about it even if she wasn't sure how to talk about it. That's not just something I target her for though, it seems to be a general dimension of our culture rn that you either have to be fully educated and speaking your mind about it 24/7 or you're an uneducated brat who should shut the **** up.

What's wrong with just stating you want to make a change but you don't know how to correctly approach a certain issue or movement, respecting their integrity and still supporting them? Why aren't we seeing more celebrities asking people to learn about a certain issue? It's like all they can do these days is make a provocative statement and then move on to another subject that'll get them a spotlight and a praiseworthy comment on social media.

It's a bit disappointing to say the least.

I really don't mind the casual support, I kind of actually prefer it, but I totally understand where you're coming from. Of course, if she stood up and said that she's even slightly ignorant about the issue, I'm not sure how many people would take her support seriously :emma: I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate her open mindedness and willingness to learn and voice support but she'd get just as many, if not more, people screaming in her face for this reason or that. It's a can of worms that she probably doesn't want to open.

I already used that phrase but it fits and idk what else to call it :emma:

11 minutes ago, gagzus said:

BLM for the millionth time since nobody gets it through their skulls is in support of equality and is the same as the LGBT pride movements and rallies from the 1980s and 90s. Supporting black people and other PoCs through BLM and other groups IS the right thing to do, just like supporting those LGBT groups was the right thing to do. 

I understand perfectly what BLM is as a movement and as a group of people. It's the fact that if you show support for them, you also get the baggage of the people that obstruct highways, call for the death of cops, hijack pride parades, and constantly give light skinned people the business about "you can't understand, you're too privileged, etc etc". Yes, I know, they don't represent the values of BLM, but the average person doesn't really care to know that. The BLM movement wasn't labeled a "terrorist" movement for nothing...unfortunately...

That's why I've always said I support them for standing up for equality and tolerance. Who wouldn't? But at the same time, who'd want all that extra nonsense unnecessarily tacked onto their names? I honestly believe it's enough to voice your intolerance of intolerance. No one needs to make this big bold statement for anything, especially if their heart isn't in it 100%.

And since I still can't use the multiquote function (:grr:) and your posts are on different pages, @Bad Bromance

Exactly, friend...it feels more and more like white people aren't "allowed" to have opinions on this things, regardless of where they stand. I mean, I stand here speaking of equality and love and nine times out of ten, I get my "privilege checked" and I'm told that I'm ignorant on the issue 'cause I haven't lived through it. Like, why bother at all? Rhetorical question, it's obvious that we still need to be vocal and active, but it's frustrating to walk on eggshells and still get useless flack from people that're supposedly on the same side as well as being misunderstood by angry people that disagree with you. More of a general statement than one about BLM or race equality but you get what I mean.

People...such strange creatures...

💚

Ronlop
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

She's also not an immigrant :gaycat: 

I think the difference is that she'll only get praise from her audience for being banned in those countries for speaking up about that specific issue, but she's bound to get controversy within her own target audience if she messes up about a national issue as touchy as black equality.

The most politically charged statement she made was actually unrelated to LGBT+ rights, it was about the infamous SB 1070 immigration law in Arizona. But there was already a mass of criticism directed towards it, including by celebrities, so again that was a "safe move" for her.

The closest she's gotten to deviating from the public norm was her denial of Israel's role in disproportionate warfare after her show in Tel Aviv of 2013, after many artists cancelled their show there, so there we again see Gaga trying to please her audience in a local market instead of taking a stand that could be directly linked to a decrease in popularity/success in the relevant area.

I don't think she's devoid of genuine intent when she's speaking out about equality and related issues, but I do think there's always a computer in her mind weighing the gains and dangers. I think her main goal is to support issues that are already supported by her target audience, or will be supported if she speaks up about it. 

The war happened in Summer of 2014 btw

gagzus
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

People are so hung up on the idea of the BLM movement that's been going around on social media for the last few months :rip: Like, come on, that's obviously not what the OP meant. 

Beyoncé speaking out about police violence during her show a few days ago and changing her website into an educative platform to inform people about their political options is a good example. No "black lives matter" usage needed.

it baffles me why people think the only way to support in modern age is through twitter, when the movement itself wasn't started online it was started on the streets of Ferguson after Mike Brown's death :rip: 

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

The war happened in Summer of 2014 btw

Of course. Thanks for correcting me!

HOTNebraskaGuy
9 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Actually if you don't support nor understand why we have the movement it does in fact make you in favour of racism and you're part of the problem. Simple. 

As for stop trying to milk your responses... You didn't have to enter here and discuss this but as usual those who are prejudice towards communities try to discredit them at every turn as you and others have done. And I do understand everyone's views;

You have the view that is from a lack of understanding or in fact; purposely ignorant towards the reason WHY this is all happening, and you believe you don't have to care.

So I'm racist because I don't support all that BLM do? 

Alright kiddo. Believe what you what. 

Im also assuming you believe everything from "All Cis People are Transphobic" is true too, so I'd rather not continue talking to you. 

Have a great day.

Bad Bromance
6 minutes ago, gagzus said:

That's the thing, though, she doesn't have to be vocal about it to support BLM.  Would it be great if she did?  Of course, but she would get serious backlash for it from the black community.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

HOTNebraskaGuy
Just now, HOTNGaga said:

So I'm racist because I don't support all that BLM do? 

Alright kiddo. Believe what you what. 

Im also assuming you believe everything from "All Cis People are Transphobic" is true too, since you love believing things you don't understand, so I'd rather not continue talking to you. 

Have a great day.

Higher

She only cares about white gays. 

tumblr_njmw2hpWr21qk08n1o1_500.gif

But seriously she should stay away. She'll probably say something unnecessary like that Hilary comment.

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Archived