💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why has Gaga never spoke about BLM?

gagzus

Featured Posts

gagzus

These videos from Jane Elliot who has been actively speaking against inequality, especially racial inequality since the 70s will show you exactly what silence on movements often means and what the movement itself means.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus
1 minute ago, Speechless94 said:

Why do you think Beyonce hasn't said much other than a statement on her website? (that b**** was at Wimbledon all week) Where is Kanye West? Al Sharpton? The reason many important people haven not gotten behind this specific movement (the hashtag movement) is it's all bite with little actual organization or means to make actual changes.  

Beyonce made an entire album dedicated to the movement and black people in general, she also has made an entire tour about the inequality and Kanye has been speaking out on racism for YEARS publicly and in his music. 

Bad Bromance
6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Well, she has a career to protect after all :diane:

I'm proud that she at least says something and stands for tolerance and an end to violence and ignorance. Imo, she doesn't have to voice support for a specific group to stand for what's right...even if that stance is considered a safe career move...that's a real "glass half full" take on it haha.

Plus, we all know a well off white woman will get dragged to the pits for even mentioning the phrase "black lives matter" in any way, shape, or form. People are weird like that. Though this is coming from someone who is both light skinned (at the moment) and doesn't think you need to experience someone else's struggles first hand to show support and sympathy for them...so feel free to disagree :green: just being scatterbrained and depositing my two cents as usual.

@gagzus, this is exactly why Gaga or any other white celebrity would want to speak up about the BLM movement.  The backlash would be relentless and we all know how this place would get after she starts getting negative press again.  The reality is that Gaga stands for equality for all and, yes, I do get where you're coming from but you also have to put yourself in her shoes and understand why she isn't as vocal about it as she is about LGBT rights.

It's no secret that race issues in America are an extremely touchy subject and anything that comes out of white person's mouth is scrutinized with a fine-tooth comb.  Having said this, why would you still want her to say something knowing that she'll get dragged so hard for it?

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Speechless94
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

Beyonce made an entire album dedicated to the movement and black people in general, she also has made an entire tour about the inequality and Kanye has been speaking out on racism for YEARS publicly and in his music. 

Has Gaga not been speaking about all those things? My point is none of them want to allign with the BLM movement itself. All of them are obviously pro black.

JackTheTripper

would it be dieffrent if white straight men were murdered? in that caes which pop star would be obligated to post something about that.....

we are talking about  mass murder, its not only about  black people and orlando mass shooting was not only about LGBT people... get a grip everyone. In this day and age while everyone keeps being politicaly correct , they turned out to be complete  idiots. 

In every part of the world it is extremly f...ed up stuation and people are being murdered daily.....   and now everyone keeps on parading on their pride, and stupid hashtags on twitter like it makes any difference

ARTPOP
4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

It's NO DIFFERENT because human rights are human rights, gay rights are as important as racial rights and gay issues are just as big in america especially with all the religious groups and people trying to kill off and stop anything that isn't straight, white and male. And every group has it's extreme members, people just focus more on the bad members of BLM to use as a way of being racist and to create more division. BLM is and never has been for division, it's been for equality the whole time. 

Morally it's no different but as an organization it's different. The gay hating issue is done by hating citizens crimes. On the other hand, BLM is based on how corrupt and racist some Policemen , which are supposed to represent the government. Regardless of what BLM stands for, just the mere fact that it has to do with the government ofcourse that will give rise to more violence from the other side(Government). That's why it's very sensitive not because of the importance or what comes first to Gaga or any big names, it's very risky to support a movement that might drift or even give a root to new divisions.

COME ON GAYS!!

gagzus
1 minute ago, Speechless94 said:

Has Gaga not been speaking about all those things? My point is none of them want to allign with the BLM movement itself. All of them are obviously pro black.

No she has not, about LGBT issues yes, about racial issues? Absolutely not and yes they are alligned with it did you not see what i said about Beyonce making an ENTIRE album about it and the fact BLM activists are in her visual album film.

gagzus
1 minute ago, Arbmonster said:

Morally it's no different but as an organization it's different. The gay hating issue is done by hating citizens crimes. On the other hand, BLM is based on how corrupt and racist some Policemen , which are supposed to represent the government. Regardless of what BLM stands for, just the mere fact that it has to do with the government ofcourse that will give rise to more violence from the other side(Government). That's why it's very sensitive not because of the importance or what comes first to Gaga or any big names, it's very risky to support a movement that might drift or even give a root to new divisions.

BLM was triggered by policemen murdering people but that's not all it's about at all it's about the 300 years of white privilege and stereotypes, hate crimes and black deaths that have been caused by a whitewashed and run society.

gagzus
5 minutes ago, Bad Bromance said:

@gagzus, this is exactly why Gaga or any other white celebrity would want to speak up about the BLM movement.  The backlash would be relentless and we all know how this place would get after she starts getting negative press again.  The reality is that Gaga stands for equality for all and, yes, I do get where you're coming from but you also have to put yourself in her shoes and understand why she isn't as vocal about it as she is about LGBT rights.

It's no secret that race issues in America are an extremely touchy subject and anything that comes out of white person's mouth is scrutinized with a fine-tooth comb.  Having said this, why would you still want her to say something knowing that she'll get dragged so hard for it?

Ariana Grande a white woman has made an entire song about the issue and movement, let's not. And as for "why would you still want her to say something knowing that she'll get dragged so hard for it?" because getting "dragged" or whatever other stupid gay slang we can say about it means nothing when you're on the right side of history and activism. 

The point is that; it's the right thing to do and she and we should not be selective in our equality stances. It's not equal if it's sometimes and for certain groups.

Speechless94
7 minutes ago, gagzus said:

No she has not, about LGBT issues yes, about racial issues? Absolutely not and yes they are alligned with it did you not see what i said about Beyonce making an ENTIRE album about it and the fact BLM activists are in her visual album film.

It's not Gaga's responsibility to make an entire album center around the issue. Tbh Im SURE LG5 will be largely influenced by current events anyway. But my point still stays, she doesn't have to tweet a hashtag to be a black ally. A hashtag that largely makes the person (if not black) who uses it, seem like they're fishing for retweets and attention.

It's similar to someone favoring MLK jr.'s ideology over Malcom X.   

LebaneseDude

Because BLM is a zealous cult that detracts from the important message of racial equality.

It's like giving an animal rights enthusiast slack for not supporting PETA.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

gagzus
Just now, Speechless94 said:

It's not Gaga's responsibility to make an entire album center around the issue. Tbh Im SURE LG5 will be largely influenced by current events anyway. But my point still stays, she doesn't have to tweet a hashtag to be a black ally. A hashtag that largely makes the person (if not black) who uses it, seem like they're fishing for retweets and attention.  

You guys keep coming back to the whole hashtag sh*t, acting as if that's all the movement is nor have i mentioned that she should tweet about it. I said she should be proving she isn't selective on her stance for equality and specifics ARE needed in these situations, I don't care what other people think of her stances all I care is that she is not a liar and is just pretending to support equality to look different. Equality entails helping others who are different to yourself to become equal and not just focus on issues you find personally touching.

And back to the hashtag; BLM is an actual social movement with rallies and protests and people crying for their dead children, parents etc who died because they were black it's not some self entitled teenagers on the internet it's an actual movement happening on the streets of the states.

gagzus

It disturbs me that people from a community that has been hated and attacked cannot see why Black Lives Matter is needed, and those of you putting black people down for ACTUALLY taking action proves the structural racism in society. You would be ok with black people complaining about this but you are shocked they're taking action.

And also the fact you guys never question Gaga's intentions or stances is a bad thing as well. Yikes.

Bad Bromance
4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Ariana Grande a white woman has made an entire song about the issue and movement, let's not. And as for "why would you still want her to say something knowing that she'll get dragged so hard for it?" because getting "dragged" or whatever other stupid gay slang we can say about it means nothing when you're on the right side of history and activism. 

The point is that; it's the right thing to do and she and we should not be selective in our equality stances. It's not equal if it's sometimes and for certain groups.

It's very commendable of Ariana to do that, tbh.  As for Gaga, you don't know if a song is in the works on LG5 so don't make assumptions on something you know nothing about at the moment.

Let me ask you this.  Why do you think Gaga isn't saying anything?  Do you actually think she's a hypocrite and doesn't really care about equality for all?  Better yet, are you trying to say that Gaga is a racist deep down and doesn't give a flying f*ck about racial equality?  Is that what you're getting at here?  If that's the case then believe what you want.  I know for a fact that she is a genuinely caring person and if you don't, then that's your prerogative.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

FATCAT
4 hours ago, gagzus said:

These videos from Jane Elliot who has been actively speaking against inequality, especially racial inequality since the 70s will show you exactly what silence on movements often means and what the movement itself means.

She really has a way of speaking that nails the point.

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived