Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why has Gaga never spoke about BLM?

gagzus

Featured Posts

inuborg

Because it doesn't help out white gays. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJHolland
3 minutes ago, inuborg said:

Because it doesn't help out white gays. 

Are you talking about the white and Latino gays whose funerals BLM protested? Mkay sweetheart 

President Trump
15 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Also guys the whole "backlash" excuse isn't valid either since she got a hell of a lot of backlash for being pro-gay, she's even been banned from countries because of her support for us. That's not an excuse at all.

That's different because she didn't join a specific group or movement , she's just generally in support of equal rights. She shouldn't be expected to join a specific movement or support that movement even if she agrees with their message, because of the way the message is sometimes transmitted. 

Ma ma pa pa pa

vertigostick

What the hell are you on about??? :toofunny:

She tweeted twice about the Dallas shooting and posted a quote from Martin Luther King yesterday...

She OBVIOUSLY cares about this issue.

gagzus
3 minutes ago, Yaxley said:

That's different because she didn't join a specific group or movement , she's just generally in support of equal rights. She shouldn't be expected to join a specific movement or support that movement even if she agrees with their message, because of the way the message is sometimes transmitted. 

it's the same in this situation because BLM is for equal racial rights and fighting against prejudice and racists, it's not like it's a choice view like politics is there's right and there's wrong just like there is with gay rights. And being for BLM puts you on the right side of history.

gagzus
2 minutes ago, vertigostick said:

What the hell are you on about??? :toofunny:

She tweeted twice about the Dallas shooting and posted a quote from Martin Luther King yesterday...

She OBVIOUSLY cares about this issue.

she posted about the gun control relation to the dallas shootings not the fact it was in defence of BLM, and the MLK quote proves nothing other than she wants to fight with kindness not guns. It's not about race what she was talking about.

ARTPOP
21 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Also guys the whole "backlash" excuse isn't valid either since she got a hell of a lot of backlash for being pro-gay, she's even been banned from countries because of her support for us. That's not an excuse at all.

You should always look at it through the window.Put yourself in her shoes. Race problems in the US is a very sensitive issue and is different from Supporting gays. The more people start supporting organizations that may have some members that support more hate isn't a good idea. She posted about equality to end the division and makes reunite.

And btw I'm not white. You should look at it, this way as well. 

COME ON GAYS!!

PartySick
9 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I don't think she's devoid of genuine intent when she's speaking out about equality and related issues, but I do think there's always a computer in her mind weighing the gains and dangers. I think her main goal is to support issues that are already supported by her target audience, or will be supported if she speaks up about it. 

Well, she has a career to protect after all :diane:

I'm proud that she at least says something and stands for tolerance and an end to violence and ignorance. Imo, she doesn't have to voice support for a specific group to stand for what's right...even if that stance is considered a safe career move...that's a real "glass half full" take on it haha.

Plus, we all know a well off white woman will get dragged to the pits for even mentioning the phrase "black lives matter" in any way, shape, or form. People are weird like that. Though this is coming from someone who is both light skinned (at the moment) and doesn't think you need to experience someone else's struggles first hand to show support and sympathy for them...so feel free to disagree :green: just being scatterbrained and depositing my two cents as usual.

💚

gagzus
Just now, Arbmonster said:

You should always look at it through the window.Put yourself in her shoes. Race problems in the US is a very sensitive issue and is different from Supporting gays. The more people start supporting organizations that may have some members that support more hate isn't a good idea. She posted about equality to end the division and makes reunite.

And btw I'm not white. You should look at it, this way as well. 

It's NO DIFFERENT because human rights are human rights, gay rights are as important as racial rights and gay issues are just as big in america especially with all the religious groups and people trying to kill off and stop anything that isn't straight, white and male. And every group has it's extreme members, people just focus more on the bad members of BLM to use as a way of being racist and to create more division. BLM is and never has been for division, it's been for equality the whole time. 

PartySick
7 minutes ago, gagzus said:

And being for BLM puts you on the right side of history.

Well, supporting tolerance and speaking out against racism puts you on the right side of history. You don't necessarily have to endorse the group BLM to do that.

💚

Didymus
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

Well, she has a career to protect after all :diane:

Of course and I follow your logic. I just wish she was a bit more vocal about it even if she wasn't sure how to talk about it. That's not just something I target her for though, it seems to be a general dimension of our culture rn that you either have to be fully educated and speaking your mind about it 24/7 or you're an uneducated brat who should shut the **** up.

What's wrong with just stating you want to make a change but you don't know how to correctly approach a certain issue or movement, respecting their integrity and still supporting them? Why aren't we seeing more celebrities asking people to learn about a certain issue? It's like all they can do these days is make a provocative statement and then move on to another subject that'll get them a spotlight and a praiseworthy comment on social media.

It's a bit disappointing to say the least.

gagzus
Just now, PartySick said:

Well, supporting tolerance and speaking out against racism puts you on the right side of history. You don't necessarily have to endorse the group BLM to do that.

BLM for the millionth time since nobody gets it through their skulls is in support of equality and is the same as the LGBT pride movements and rallies from the 1980s and 90s. Supporting black people and other PoCs through BLM and other groups IS the right thing to do, just like supporting those LGBT groups was the right thing to do. 

Speechless94

The problem is not her opinion on the statement "black lives matter". She's obviously for full equality and is 'pro black', the problem is with the BLM movement itself. Coming from someone who studies social justice movements, the movement itself is one of the most unorganized and chaotic social movements to date and doesn't do a very good job of actually getting anything productive done. While it's obvious that yes, there are many unseen systematic problems that make blacks more likely to be police targets and end up either dead or in jail, one does not have to necessarily align themselves with the Black Lives Matter movement to be a black ally. It's sort of like how during the civil rights movement of the 60's, just because you didn't align yourself with the Black Panther movement, didn't mean you weren't fighting for racial justice. There are other ways to go about the same thing. It's important to not equate the language of "supporting the BLM movement" with "supporting black people, and the movement toward a fairer justice system".

The Black Lives Matter movement is one particular motion that, unfortunately, has been reduced to people sharing a hashtag. Why do you think Beyonce hasn't said much other than a statement on her website? (that b**** was at Wimbledon all week) Where is Kanye West? Al Sharpton? The reason many important people haven not gotten behind this specific movement (the hashtag movement) is it's all bite with little actual organization or means to make actual changes.  

Archived