gagzus

Featured Posts

HOTNebraskaGuy

One, five, ten lay a million on me

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fernster7

Because there's nothing she can say that would be enough for her stupid fans who would drag her for using one single word in the wrong way. I don't blame her for it and I hope she remains silent.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Didymus
Just now, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Nonono, i meant that people think that tweeting about something will be useful, but it's not. A tweet won't change anything, so if people want to really change something the most powerful thing they can do is go on the streets and make noise

I get that, but gagzus never said he thought that, in fact he didn't mention Twitter at all :emma: I don't get why everyone's talking about Twitter here. Seems like people are very anxious to explain away her silence by bringing it up or something, it's very weird to me :rip: 

President Trump
2 minutes ago, gagzus said:

although some of this is true there's a big difference between doing what is right and what is easy, she's never taken the easy way out of other equality issues so idk why she would now.

Also a lot of people don't agree with the way that the movement handles itself , not necessarily their point but the way they conduct their business. Gaga can support equal rights without joining a specific group and therefore being a part of any decision they make , right or wrong 

i mean recently some black lives matters activists were taped saying shoot the police. It's not a good idea to join a movement where anyone can join, do or say anything, and then you become associated with that 

Ma ma pa pa pa

KURUSHITOVSKA
Just now, Didymus said:

I get that, but gagzus never said he thought that, in fact he didn't mention Twitter at all :emma: I don't get why everyone's talking about Twitter here. Seems like people are very anxious to explain away her silence by bringing it up or something, it's very weird to me :rip: 

Because it's not that Gaga is going to attend any event to talk about that, or go on TV or make a video for YT

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

gagzus
1 minute ago, HOTNGaga said:

That's the problem, the people that actually follow it is slim to none. 

80% of them just lure around on Twitter and think they're supporting the cause because they tell white people what not to wear. 

Not to mention 10% of the people who rally only make things worse, like when they hold up traffic of highways and bridges. 

so i assume you've spoke to or seen every black person in america or who is part of the movement then judging by your comment.

Didymus
Just now, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Because it's not that Gaga is going to attend any event to talk about that, or go on TV or make a video for YT

Why not? :shrug:

What makes it so different from the other issues that Gaga has gone the extra mile for? Like, to me, that's exactly what the OP is asking.

gagzus
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Why not? :shrug:

What makes it so different from the other issues that Gaga has gone the extra mile for? Like, to me, that's exactly what the OP is asking.

thank u for understanding and not having a biased attitude towards the discussion.

Reality

Maybe she doesn't feel the same personal, emotional connection she has with the BLM movement, unlike gay rights. She's bisexual and has always been apart of the LGBTQ+ community, so she has a personal, emotional attachment to it. 

She certainly supports equality and the respect for all people, look at what she's done recently. But because she isn't black, or a person of color, she doesn't experience the struggles first-hand.  

🃏🖤👹

HOTNebraskaGuy
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

so i assume you've spoke to or seen every black person in america or who is part of the movement then judging by your comment.

You're cute. I'm judging this off my own perspective. If I wanted to be having back and fourth fights about this stuff I wouldn't have left Twitter.  

gagzus
Just now, HOTNGaga said:

You're cute. I'm judging this off my own perspective. If I wanted to be having back and fourth fights about this stuff I wouldn't have left Twitter.  

well that's your own perspective then so don't say stuff like "80% of them just lure around on Twitter and think they're supporting the cause because they tell white people what not to wear." when you've not seen or encountered 80% of ALL BLM followers. Simple.

gagzus

Also guys the whole "backlash" excuse isn't valid either since she got a hell of a lot of backlash for being pro-gay, she's even been banned from countries because of her support for us. That's not an excuse at all.

HOTNebraskaGuy
8 minutes ago, Yaxley said:

Also a lot of people don't agree with the way that the movement handles itself , not necessarily their point but the way they conduct their business. Gaga can support equal rights without joining a specific group and therefore being a part of any decision they make , right or wrong 

i mean recently some black lives matters activists were taped saying shoot the police. It's not a good idea to join a movement where anyone can join, do or say anything, and then you become associated with that 

👌🏼

PartySick

She probably doesn't want to open that can of worms.

Whenever any public figure talks about this stuff, they get a ton of bullsh*t from both sides. It'd be "Why is this white bitch talking about our fight? We don't need you to fight our battles #BlackLivesMatter" from one side and "Why is she feeding this combative and obstructive movement? #AllLivesMatter" from the other. I'm glad she just speaks for general peace and tolerance for all rather than taking up specific movements (aside from occasionally saying something about LGBT pride or the LGBT community). Much less nonsense to deal with.

💚

Didymus
16 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

She isn't black, so she doesn't know and experience the struggles first-hand.  

She's also not an immigrant :gaycat: 

13 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Also guys the whole "backlash" excuse isn't valid either since she got a hell of a lot of backlash for being pro-gay, she's even been banned from countries because of her support for us. That's not an excuse at all.

I think the difference is that she'll only get praise from her audience for being banned in those countries for speaking up about that specific issue, but she's bound to get controversy within her own target audience if she messes up about a national issue as touchy as black equality.

The most politically charged statement she made was actually unrelated to LGBT+ rights, it was about the infamous SB 1070 immigration law in Arizona. But there was already a mass of criticism directed towards it, including by celebrities, so again that was a "safe move" for her.

The closest she's gotten to deviating from the public norm was her denial of Israel's role in disproportionate warfare after her show in Tel Aviv of 2013, after many artists cancelled their show there, so there we again see Gaga trying to please her audience in a local market instead of taking a stand that could be directly linked to a decrease in popularity/success in the relevant area.

I don't think she's devoid of genuine intent when she's speaking out about equality and related issues, but I do think there's always a computer in her mind weighing the gains and dangers. I think her main goal is to support issues that are already supported by her target audience, or will be supported if she speaks up about it. 

Archived