155 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Jewels & Drugs?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

TCHIKITAH
9 minutes ago, T E A said:

tbh.

when i'm in the right mood, i can really enjoy it; otherwise it find it the worst song of her entire discography.

Agree

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
8 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

Do you have a link to where you downloaded the extended mixes, I would love to listen to them

I just used http://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter to rip them in WAV form from the playlist that @Didymus shared :happy: I know you lose a bit of quality but I'm not making professional grade stuff so I don't mind.

And you're welcome, Didy :diane:

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!

I think it's one of the main reasons the album was trashed. Should have been left off. 

Didymus
4 minutes ago, Sudarshana said:

No, it's awful.

At the Swine Fest Gaga was like “they put me in a box, but I don't wanna be put in a box, I wanna be original, so I made a collab with rappers, just like every other basic pop artist does these days” :saladga:

That logic doesn't seem well placed here imo.

Like, not every basic pop artist would make a trap song in the middle of a dance-pop album. Every basic pop artist would make a track like Donatella or DWUW (which also features a collab with a rapper), actually, yet those songs never seem to get the bad rep J&D has gotten, it seems very unfair and contradictory to me tbh :emma:

It was original for Gaga, and it was a step out of the pop box in general.

Phlop

It would've slayed with just TI tbh. She doesn't need all those collabs. The instrumental is serious too, one of the best from ARTPOP. The lyrics just suck.

BYE

Sudarshana
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

That logic doesn't seem well placed here imo.

Like, not every basic pop artist would make a trap song in the middle of a dance-pop album. Every basic pop artist would make a track like Donatella or DWUW (which also features a collab with a rapper), actually, yet those songs never seem to get the bad rep J&D has gotten, it seems very unfair and contradictory to me tbh :emma:

It was original for Gaga.

But it wasn't on account of Donatella/DWUW that she spoke about “getting outside the box.”

I guess you can call it an interesting experiment if you and couple of other people liked it, but for my ears it's just terrible cacophony :S

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

Brooke Candy

YES. It's one of my favorite songs from the album

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Didymus
1 minute ago, Sudarshana said:

But it wasn't on account of Donatella/DWUW that she spoke about “getting outside the box.”

What's not out of the box about J&D though? :air: Just close your eyes and imagine Ariana, Selena, Demi, Katy,... making that stuff. Hell, I can't even imagine Rihanna doing it because the production is so in your face.

I get that it doesn't compare to a true urban record, but neither does Rihanna's best pop hit incorporating house compare to a true house record. Why is J&D thrown under the bus but not Aura for instance? :huh:  I find Aura a lot cheaper in terms of introductions of new sounds into a pop song.

Anyway, we won't agree, and that's fine, I just don't get the arguments sometimes, because they are applicable to a lot more than J&D in Gaga's discography but they're not applied elsewhere, that's why I replied I guess, but just know that I do respect your opinion :hug: 

DAVID VOGUER

It would be really good if it didn't have the feat. parts in it because this way it sounds like a remix or something/almost like it's not finished. But I really like the sound behind it. 

They can't scare me, if I scare them first.

Bradley

Yes, it's not single material but at times it's pretty enjoyable. I like it better than Mary Jane Holland which has received much more favourably from the fans. The vocals are okay but the instrumental is dope.

HauntingHollow

i like it more than Applause so :staymad:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Sudarshana
Just now, Didymus said:

What's not out of the box about J&D though? :air: Just close your eyes and imagine Ariana, Selena, Demi, Katy,... making that stuff. Hell, I can't even imagine Rihanna doing it because the production is so in your face.

I get that it doesn't compare to a true urban record, but neither does Rihanna's best pop hit incorporating house compare to a true house record. Why is J&D thrown under the bus but not Aura for instance? :huh:  I find Aura a lot cheaper in terms of introductions of new sounds into a pop song.

Anyway, we won't agree, and that's fine, I just don't get the arguments sometimes, because they are applicable to a lot more than J&D in Gaga's discography but they're not applied elsewhere, that's why I replied I guess, but just know that I do respect your opinion :hug: 

Haha, same :hug: I'm just not into those urban/trap/hip-hop/rap genres and can't appreciate how good/innovative the song is, so that must be why J&D sounds like any Rihanna song to me :blink:

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

The Child

I don't hate, I don't dislike it, I don't love it & I don't like it. I'm just okay with it, it's an okay song, it's just fun.

If she has Kanye West producing it and being featured on it, it would have been much better.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Manul

No, it's trash and I can't believe that it made the cut and other (lost) gems like Temple and Tea didn't. :green:

it wasn't laaaahv

Archived