question

Should Gaga ditch choreography?

KyliesChild

Featured Posts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jojuun

She IS a good dancer. When she takes her time to rehearse and is in the right "mode", she's an amazing dancer. What we need is a better choreographer. LaurieAnn "BoomKack" Gibson turned out to be an untrustworthy bitch that wasn't just satisfied with being paid royally, she also wanted her own fame. (Her floppy music is the prime example). So good riddance to her. However, she's the one who got the best routines out of Gaga. As much as I love and respect Richy Jackson, he just doesn't make the epic and memorable choreography LaurieAnn made. We need a brand new choreographer that is ruthless and demands Gaga's full effort.

THIS:

7 minutes ago, jojuun said:

She IS a good dancer. When she takes her time to rehearse and is in the right "mode", she's an amazing dancer. What we need is a better choreographer. LaurieAnn "BoomKack" Gibson turned out to be an untrustworthy bitch that wasn't just satisfied with being paid royally, she also wanted her own fame. (Her floppy music is the prime example). So good riddance to her. However, she's the one who got the best routines out of Gaga. As much as I love and respect Richy Jackson, he just doesn't make the epic and memorable choreography LaurieAnn made. We need a brand new choreographer that is ruthless and demands Gaga's full effort.

THIS:

oh yes, amazing dancer :gaycat:

KyliesChild
6 minutes ago, jojuun said:

THIS:

The choreography in the video you posted is amazing since it was inspired by the beautiful routine “Revelations" by Alvin Ailey. The thing is is that she has routines that does not look right, at least in my opinion. Just look at the Americano performance at the Born This Way Ball. She looked like a fool a bit. Her robotic-ish routines in Bad Romance and Poker Face were great. 

LUCARTPOP

I don't think she should ditch them, at all. She's kinda known for her crazy and iconic choreography in videos like Bad Romance, Poker Face, Telephone, Judas, etc. Although I think she should variate her next tours with new choreos that will remain catchy for the fans. 

DeanWinchester

Gaga has gotten better what are you people on?

Judas and MTN showcased vastly improved dancing. She should build on it, not ditch it. Especially since she could sing while dancing.

What she should stop is doing weird-ass choreo like that merry-go-round thing.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

GlitterAndGrease

She needs to find a choreographer that knows how to craft a choreography that flatters her body.

Just look at Britney. Ever since her 2008 comeback her choreographies have been shitty. In 2015 she worked with Charm Ladonna for the pretty girls choreo and again in 2016 for the revamped POM show and every single one of the new routines looks awesome.

Economy

Thats why TF era was great. She danced her ass off but it wasnt like elaborate cheoreography

Just Dance, Poker Face and Love Game were so fun to whatch her perform

When she started making elaborate cheoreography she didnt deliver all that well :air: 

Ok Bad Romance, and a few performances had some nice cheoreo here and there. But over-all kinda mediocre

jojuun
9 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

The choreography in the video you posted is amazing since it was inspired by the beautiful routine “Revelations" by Alvin Ailey. The thing is is that she has routines that does not look right, at least in my opinion. Just look at the Americano performance at the Born This Way Ball. She looked like a fool a bit. Her robotic-ish routines in Bad Romance and Poker Face were great. 

I know. But everything that's horrible, choreo-wise, is Richy Jackson. LaurieAnn straight-up jacked Bob Fosse and Vogueing for Gaga's routines from TF/TFM, but they were still amazing routines. Everything she's ever done that's amazing choreo-wise is LaurieAnn created. There's been amazing moments since LaurieAnn's departure but nothing comes close to her choreo slayage in 2008/9/10/part of 11, aka the LaurieAnn days.

People should've talked to her about the Americano routine by the way. And half of artRAVE. A damn mess. That chair routine for MJH still haunts me. And Americano will forever be the lowest of the low choreo. It can't get worse, I'm sure.

She needs to hire someone who's able to make memorable, high-impact choreography and who is able to drill her. Richy is obviously a yes-man. Someone who'll take "no" for an answer. LaurieAnn used to scream at Gaga in rehearsals until she got it right. That's what we need. A new LaurieAnn, who's not fame-hungry and backstabbing like LaurieAnn was, but the same level of choreographer and a drill sergeant in the dance studio.

Someone like Parris Goebel would work wonders for Gaga's choreographies.

giphy.gif

Economy
14 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Gaga has gotten better what are you people on?

Judas and MTN showcased vastly improved dancing. She should build on it, not ditch it. Especially since she could sing while dancing.

What she should stop is doing weird-ass choreo like that merry-go-round thing.

Judas cheoreo was fun to whatch but very robotic due to its speed. So its actually not that complicated

MTN had some nice cheoreo as did Bad Romance and Applause...

But for the most part nothing stellar. Shes ok, but dancing clearly aint her biggest gift

Britney before her knee injury, or Beyonce can put Gaga to shame

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Judas cheoreo was fun to whatch but very robotic due to its speed.

The chorus, maybe. But the verses aren't. The one where she's wearing the red outfit. It looks pretty smooth.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Swan Heart

She has a much more powerful presence when she's not dancing, so yeah, she should.

Plus it's not good for her.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Pacify Him

As long as we don't get any more Richy Jackson's, I'll be fine. Venus is the last epic choreography from her. Hopefully, we get to see more in LG5 :hug:

I’m getting on your nerves

Archived