💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Academy reminisces Gaga's best performance in her career

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bambino

It should've won an Oscar for best performance tbh. Idk why it wasn't even nominated :wtf:

Bradley
1 minute ago, Bambino said:

It should've won an Oscar for best performance tbh. Idk why it wasn't even nominated :wtf:

There's no such category. I think it was eligible for a Best Pop Solo Performance Grammy but then covers are rarely nominated unless you're performing original material.

Bradley

I'm still curious as to how this performance came about. Did Gaga's team reach out to the Oscars or is it the other way round?

Mister Gaga
9 minutes ago, HEARTHUNTER said:

Then why didn't they reward her for TIHTY :grr:

The reward was the nomination itself. They let her perform for second year in a row (first time in oscar's history). TIHTY's message is powerful, but the song is not that good (miles ahead of Sam Smith's tho).

2 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I'm still curious as to how this performance came about. Did Gaga's team reach out to the Oscars or is it the other way round?

I don't remember where i read it, but Tony played a major role.

Bradley
1 minute ago, Mister Gaga said:

The reward was the nomination itself. They let her perform for second year in a row (first time in oscar's history). TIHTY's message is powerfull, but the song is not that good (but it's miles ahead of Sam Smith's).

I don't remember where i read it, but Tony played a major role.

GOD BLESS TONY THEN. I mean without a proper medium, no one would say 'Hey, I think it's a great idea to have eccentric pop star performer, Lady Gaga, pay a tribute to the Sound of Music.' Whoever that gave the go-ahead needs to a raise.

I agree with everything you said except that Til It Happens To You is a brilliant song.

Swan Heart

I still remember not blinking all night waiting for this performance and just standing there, stunned as she was singing the first few words. Then I started crying. :blush:

I can still hear the commentators silent wow when the performance finished.

It was so good. I felt like a proud mom. :laughga:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

memomemome

Don't have the receipt tho. I saw Oscar producer Craig zadan approach her on instagram/Twitter I forgot. 

Usually the show producer contact the performer management. And since gaga doing powerhouse vocal In C2C, that kinda open the opportunity for her.

And thankfully she nailed it. 

JustAnotherDay
41 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

There's no such category. I think it was eligible for a Best Pop Solo Performance Grammy but then covers are rarely nominated unless you're performing original material.

I'm pretty sure that it is ineligible for a Grammy nomination because it was never released for sale or onto streaming platforms which is required for a nomination. They would have had to release it as a single for it to be eligible 

was NickARTPOP

memomemome

I remember looking at the twittersphere everyone amazed can't believe it. 

And I have goosebumps too watching her and shed a tear happily. :diane:

Sableye

I dont know why I HAVE to read the comments. They're a death trap in many Gaga articles. 

But the comments here were nice :flutter:

Gagz4Gaga

It was Legen.... wait for it.... dary! :giveup:

nostalgia’s for geeks

Archived