💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The reason why Bowie's son hate Gaga's performance

ThatAsianGuy

Featured Posts

Alien Tulip

The intro was kinda cute with the projector but everything else was kind of a sloppy mess. My grandfather watched with me and he's a big david bowie fan and attended the ziggy stardust tour decades ago. He thought her tribute was too much of an Elvis and Michael Jackson clutter especially her spins :smh: It was just so cringeworthy. Dressing up to imitate Gaga just made the tribute impersonal and desperate in my opinion. That is why many people including Bowie fans felt disrespected. She could have just used a lightning bolt on her face for a tribute like shes done in the past.

hqdefault.jpg

It just felt like a parody or something you see at a the strip of Las Vegas and even Atlantic City during Glam season :rip: 
I just think it's bizarre that she decided to do this. I know he was immense inspiration for her but the man clearly didn't like her and I don't blame Duncan for feeling strange about it. It's actually a little creepy especially the tattoo. How would you feel if your father died and someone he didn't like did a tribute for him :smh: I don't think Gaga deserves all of the blame since the Grammys clearly pressured her into doing it since she obviously had a whole different concept of the performance and was likely going to perform her greatest hits which honestly would have been flawless. If Gaga would have rejected she would have received backlash anyway but ehh I still would have rejected. 

By the way calling Duncan a pig or disgusting asshole just makes you look sensitive since he is still mourning his father's death. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alien Tulip
2 hours ago, VenusOddity said:

the thing is that his dad hated her because bowie couldn't handle a woman of gaga's vocal talent doing what he did, and doing it better, in an era where she had even more access to tech and more possibilities than he ever did.

he was amazing but god his attitude was not.

I think you need to explore your music horizons. Being a vocalist doesn't make you more talented than an artist who sings, plays the piano, plays the guitar, plays the violin and excels at their skills. Gaga is multitalented but musically she only excels in vocals. She's a good pianist but she could be better. Aside from vocals and piano....she doesn't really play any other instruments. 

KyliesChild
7 minutes ago, Alien Tulip said:

I think you need to explore your music horizons. Being a vocalist doesn't make you more talented than an artist who sings, plays the piano, plays the guitar, plays the violin and excels at their skills. Gaga is multitalented but musically she only excels in vocals. She's a good pianist but she could be better. Aside from vocals and piano....she doesn't really play any other instruments. 

She's learning how to play the guitar, so that's something. :poot:

Alien Tulip
1 minute ago, Skai Jackson said:

She's learning how to play the guitar, so that's something. :poot:

Let's hope it sounds halfway decent. I hope she just doesn't stand on the stage all awkward posing with a guitar like she did during ARTPOP. 

KyliesChild
Just now, Alien Tulip said:

Let's hope it sounds halfway decent. I hope she just doesn't stand on the stage all awkward posing with a guitar like she did during ARTPOP. 

She's improving already (ex: the Burning Down The House), so I'm excited when she becomes superb at it.

giskardsb

the one thing I don't get watching Gaga do that performance is that she "lacked conviction."

not all tribute performances need to be sad maudlin events.

sexfashionfame
1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

I can tell you exactly why he hates her.

She was inspired by him, and used the inspiration to become a pop culture phenomenon.  

Meanwhile, he (whatever his dumb name is) hasn't done much with the inspiration he actually lived with.  

Jealous.

This this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this 

Archived