Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

During Gagas Peak... Did You Foresee Her Downfall?

Economy

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, T E A said:

i'm so sick and tired of people claiming that she is over and that her popularity dropped significantly. BITCH, WHERE?

In music? I'm sick and tired of delusion

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucas

I knew she wouldn't stay on top forever because there's always someone new coming that people are more interested by. The main problem in my opinion wasn't the music (except for ARTPOP where the music was meh) but the fact that she was overexposed and started to become too weird for the GP (who's the reason of her commercial success, I hate people who say Gaga doesn't need GP to be successful, yes she does.)

Evan Peters

no cuz i don't spend my time worrying about the downfall of a popstar's career

emma roberts is an abuser

Andy McQueen
16 hours ago, warpedcurrents said:

I'm tired of these threads :neyde: 

theres nothing wrong with her career 

shes aboht to deliver her magnum opus 

THIS

THIS sooo much.

Thank you! 

djBuffoon

Of course. It's bound to happen in any successful artists career. And I certainly did foresee critics not fully appreciating her work, no matter how good it may be, what with Born This Way and especially ARTPOP being much better than they received credit for.

Slayer

I didn't really think about it tbh, I just enjoyed the moment. But in hindsight there was no way she could retain that level of success. Her avant garde outfits and art had a limited shelf life with the general public. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

xeynuraf

You guys talk like she had this amazing historical peak, comparing her career with michael jackson's and this mega success but all she has since 2008 is just 3 #1 hits.

Lets be real none of you here are in this forum for her success. There are boring pop girls doing way better than her in touring, sales and music charts... 

All im saying that is pointless to compare her career to her beginnings when everyone was curious to now when she is branching out in other mediums, when she wasnt that ultra sucessful to begin with.

I hope that everyone remembers why are we really here and that is the music regardless of her success.

Anderson123

I'm actually happy that Gaga is not everywhere anymore. There was a time when I got sick of her when Poker Face was all over the world. I had listened to The Fame like 500 times already and I just needed a break from her. Then The Fame Monster and Born This Way happened and it was my fandom at it's peak.

Now with ARTPOP, Cheek To Cheek and her quiet moments, I feel like the ones that still care about her, have appreciated this because we got to see more of her talent, instead of her radio success. Between the years of 2015 and 2016, Gaga has performed at the Grammys twice, won a Grammy for a duet album with a jazz legend, done several tributes, got engaged, won an Emmy, get nominated for an Oscar, etc. This is the time when Gaga's talent gets what it deserves.

You will not hear Gaga on the radio 24/7 but she has those moments which have been super huge, in my opinion. Yes, it's very easy today to have a song on the radio, especially top the charts, but it's very hard to have such an amazing year like that. I want to know if so many of these current hit makers would achieve what Gaga has done in these 2 years.

The thing is, people don't see that, especially some fans here. It's either #1 and a billion copies sold or "not successful". Some people here really need a break from the internet.

Even if she didn't have a #1 album or song, it's not something you need in order to become a legend, and David Bowie is proof of that.

Archived