opinion

Justice for Aura

uo111

Featured Posts

Nono
2 hours ago, Decodekid said:

I dont really think Aura would've been enough for a comeback, neither Applause was, DWUW deserved the lead, it was relatable and made sense to the general public and although it might've made confusion to some,  thats good cause that drags more attention, DWUW would've been big if it was lead ughhh

Preach

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne

it would have smashed and set the trend once again. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

uo111
2 hours ago, Magneto said:

Great post! Aura is one of my favorite Gaga songs, because it's so energetic and experimental. Like everyone I prefer the original version and title. I'm also one of those delusional ARTPOP-stans, so I love these kinds of posts. But all these things aside. Let's be honest...

Radio's

Would

Never 

Play 

This

Song

Applause received little radio play (after the initial obligatory comeback plays) because it wasn't different enough. DWUW received some radio play because it was different for Gaga, even though it was dead on arrival.

I'm supposed to believe Aura would've flopped because it was too different? Different is only bad if the song is bad, but different is what smashes if the song it good (read "good" as "catchy" because we all know that's what qualifies as good on the radio). More of the same is what flounders about before dying, that's what happened to Applause.

DWUW could've smashed as a lead but that would've garnered critics from the liberal section of the population, which Gaga actually needs to appeal to in order to sell.

kabirartfling

My hands are itching to report this, cuz not only this opinion is absolutely opposite to what actually would have happened, & applause when it came out sounded NOTHING alike any song out there , that pre chorus buildup is alone more iconic than the whole of aurá 

Give your love to me

Illuminati

I think people would have hated the incredibly long intro and would have given up before the masterpiece chorus hit 

Karl

Aura is just pretentious babble over a very dated beat, the best chance she had was with Applause

Archived