Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Video Vanguard Award for Gaga - 15-minute performance with LG5 lead

Bradley

Featured Posts

Way too soon for that but she's one of the few who actually deserve that award.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AustrianTilapia

Rihanna, Gaga and Katy are in the running for the MJ Video Vanguard Award this year.

I really hope Gaga can snatch it, because she has the most consistent videography out of the 3 imo.

I'm getting fat and so is my bank

PopThatArt
2 hours ago, Kimihiro said:

I guess Gaga's videography is an exception to the rule. Madonna had it early on. Riri should go first but after that the most logical choice would be Gaga or maybe a band. 

But Rihanna hasn't really influenced anything with her music videos, not in the way Lady Gaga has and Madonna has previously with her fashion and music back in the 80s. If anyone is truly deserving to have her name on the same wall as Michael, it's Gaga. None of these other biotches in music who have had a couple pop hits and no really influence on music or culture. Gaga has had the most definitive impact on culture in culture in every single way, she has become part of the zeitgeist and that deserves recognition. 

Go see A Star is Born

PopThatArt
21 minutes ago, AustrianTilapia said:

Rihanna, Gaga and Katy are in the running for the MJ Video Vanguard Award this year.

I really hope Gaga can snatch it, because she has the most consistent videography out of the 3 imo.

How have the other two women truly impacted culture though? I think Michael would be spinning in his grave to see anyone but Gaga get the recognition that is his namesake.

Go see A Star is Born

PopThatArt
2 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Wouldn't that be amazing?

If she's looking for a high-profile promotional platform to promote LG5's lead single, it could be the VMAs. If this award show goes by without her involvement at all, I seriously wouldn't know when she's going to drop the lead single, considering she said in 2014 that she intended to properly promote her every future album. There are still going to be the EMAs and AMAs but if an album is to drop by Q4, the lead should come very soon.

Who do you think is going to receive the Vanguard award this year? I have Rihanna and Coldplay in mind but I think Gaga is in their consideration too.

It'd be amazing to do a 15-minute performance ala Justin Timberlake/Beyonce in 2013 and 2014, with Gaga either performing her old hits with the LG5 lead or material solely from LG5.

Thoughts on the possibility of this? 

I think she might wait until either the Grammys nominations concert, it's not always nominees who perform or she'll perform it at the Grammys in February for maximum promotion. 

What about No doubt though? Or Gwen Stefani. Gwen has had a pretty prolific year and has been big in pop culture, not in the way deserving of the award but it is mtv after all and they are big on making choices based on headlines. 

Go see A Star is Born

PopThatArt
40 minutes ago, symphonia said:

Way too soon for that but she's one of the few who actually deserve that award.

Preach my sister. 

Go see A Star is Born

Lucas

Gaga deserves it the most but it might be given to Beyoncé, Katy Perry or Rihanna who are extremely overrated.... I'm so here for a 15 mins POP performance with dancing & good outfits, wigs & looks... Not sure the VMAs would let her on stage for 15 mins tho?

AustrianTilapia
2 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Gaga deserves it the most but it might be given to Beyoncé, Katy Perry or Rihanna who are extremely overrated.... I'm so here for a 15 mins POP performance with dancing & good outfits, wigs & looks... Not sure the VMAs would let her on stage for 15 mins tho?

Bey already has the award.

I'm getting fat and so is my bank

Bradley
1 hour ago, Solitaire said:

It's always struck me as odd that someone who for the majority of her career (and I guess still to this day in some ways) was considered the queen of music videos, hasn't received this award when others who I personally don't find that visually stimulating have. :duck:

Hide contents

But that could just be my Gaga preference, I am a Gaga stan after all :hor: 

Because the past winners have been in the music industry for longer than Gaga

Lucas
14 minutes ago, AustrianTilapia said:

Bey already has the award.

Not suprising, well Katy or Rihanna will get it next then...

JustAnotherDay
47 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

I think she might wait until either the Grammys nominations concert, it's not always nominees who perform or she'll perform it at the Grammys in February for maximum promotion. 

Do they even do a nomination concert anymore? Didn't they just have a live stream of hosts announcing the nominees and then post them on their website last year?

was NickARTPOP

Bradley
54 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

But Rihanna hasn't really influenced anything with her music videos, not in the way Lady Gaga has and Madonna has previously with her fashion and music back in the 80s. If anyone is truly deserving to have her name on the same wall as Michael, it's Gaga. None of these other biotches in music who have had a couple pop hits and no really influence on music or culture. Gaga has had the most definitive impact on culture in culture in every single way, she has become part of the zeitgeist and that deserves recognition. 

Spill the tea. I know people are going to call me biased for saying this since I'm a Gaga fan, but I've never seen anyone put that much effort into videos as Gaga does. The Edge Of Glory was the only exception, the rest of her videography >>> her contemporaries'.

Solitaire
On 7/2/2016 at 8:05 AM, Bradley Cooper said:

Because the past winners have been in the music industry for longer than Gaga

But is that the point of the award.. to be given to people who have mad music videos for a long-ish period of time? :laughga:

I assumed this award was intended to be presented to artists that have consistently made good music videos that have had impact on pop culture.

- Previously Sycothisis

Bradley
32 minutes ago, Solitaire said:

But is that the point of the award.. to be given to people who have mad music videos for a long-ish period of time? :laughga:

I assumed this award was intended to be presented to artists that have consistently made good music videos that have had impact on pop culture.

Unfortunately, the former is more of a consideration factor than the latter.

Killa

No way she's getting that award. The girl is beyond dead in the mainstream sphere. It would be way too awkward. Like...Gaga who? Who is this nobody..:tea:

Archived