:

:

:

other

Music Video Debuts Are Massive Events Again!

M I M I Z

Featured Posts

M I M I Z

Music Video Debuts Are Massive Events Again, Thanks to Beyonce, Kanye West, Rihanna & More

beyonce-2016-press-Parkwood-Entertainmen

thanks to YouTube and the Internet in general, music video debuts are not that big a deal these days. But that hasn't stopped everyone from Beyonce,Rihanna and Kanye West to Meghan Trainor, Radiohead and Gwen Stefani from trying to relive the good old days and making a ton of noise when they have a new visual to share with us.

Here are some of the biggest music video debuts of the past year:

Kanye West, "Famous"

'Ye is the king of making everything he does a huge deal, which includes Friday's L.A. Forum debut of his eight-minute short film featuring wax re-creations of celebrities, including Taylor Swift, Bill Cosby, Rihanna, Donald Trump, Caitlyn Jenner, George W. Bush and others. West charged $25 for the event, a kind of spiritual sequel to his The Life of Pablo listening party at Madison Square Garden in February.

Spoiler

kanye-west-famous-blurred-2016-billboard

Rihanna, "Sledgehammer"

Rih is so psyched to land the lead single from Star Trek Beyond that she's doing the unprecedented: debuting a music video in IMAX. The singer teased that the video -- the first to be shot entirely with IMAX cameras -- will debut exclusively in IMAX theaters on Thursday at 9 a.m. ET before it's available on Vevo and Tidal at 10 a.m. She posted this cosmic 27-second teaser Wednesday (June 29):

Beyonce, Lemonade

One video is cool, but Queen Bey went 10 steps further in April when she unveiled Lemonade in an hour-long HBO special -- expanding on the "visual album" concept she began back in 2013 with her surprise self-titled release.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7423258/music-video-debut-events-kanye-west-rihanna-beyonce

Didymus

Just another phase. Just like I don't like Monsters pretending Gaga was the only one to bring about a new wave of extravagant(ly presented) music video's, I hope the stans of these people won't conclude the same.

Pretty dumb article, I mean there are still tons of basic ass crap video's released and this year barely had any of those massive video debuts. Feels like 2009/10 delusion again. Some video's just stand out, doesn't mean they mark the norm.

monketsharona

They'll know what 'massive' is when Lady Gaga and Katy Perry will be back :yay:

Ferrer Zorola
30 minutes ago, M I M I Z said:

Hide contents

kanye-west-famous-blurred-2016-billboard

who's the guy next to Kim? 

LIFE IS GOOD

kabirartfling

Can't wait for the telephone continuation to sweep all the awards and snatch all the critics with being named the best music video of the 20's :excited2:

Give your love to me

MaryJaneHolland
36 minutes ago, M I M I Z said:

Thanks to Beyonce, Kanye West, Rihanna

oh, so, thanks to Tidal.....

littlepotter
25 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

I think it's OJ Simpson

chaeri pls

Illuminati
55 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

30 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I think it's OJ Simpson

pretty sure it's Ray J :toofunny: 

Harry

I don't think I'd consider Sledgehammer to be a "massive event" just because it premiered in IMAX. I haven't heard anyone talk about it.

Famous & Lemonade have been big talking points, but I don't think two big videos out of a whole host of forgettable videos mean that MVs are back on that level. In my lifetime I never really felt that videos were a big deal in general. Obviously there are certain artists that are more consistently exciting with their visuals, but they come and go.

littlepotter
19 minutes ago, BlTCH said:

pretty sure it's Ray J :toofunny: 

OMFG :smh:

chaeri pls

zakariah
1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

They'll know what 'massive' is when Lady Gaga and Katy Perry will be back :yay:

So true tbh. Whenever I want a music video that perfectly fits its song's sound & aesthetic, I will always look to either Gaga or Katy for this. Their both just so good at capturing the essence of the songs visuals :diane:

The Child
2 hours ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Ray J

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Lord Temptation

Really? Because to me all the music videos released so far this year look budget. And lack that epic, cinematic fable-like mystery that Gaga's videos have.

Archived