Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

American Horror Story was trending on Facebook

Bradley

Featured Posts

Carmex
3 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Game of Thrones kills off major characters all the time and yet still has good ratings, because it's a good show. It's not only Jessica who has been the pillar of the show, good writing plays a role too, so as long as season six has good writing, it will do just as fine without Jessica. Jessica WAS good, but you are totally taking away credit deserved by the rest of the cast.

Who's taking away credit from the rest of the cast? I said she was a fan favorite, and she was. She was also the show's staple and leading actress in every single season minus Hotel. Surely the viewers would become attached to any actor or actress that is consistently starring in a TV series, it's common sense. 

Bradley
3 minutes ago, Carmex said:

Who's taking away credit from the rest of the cast? I said she was a fan favorite, and she was. She was also the show's staple and leading actress in every single season minus Hotel. Surely the viewers would become attached to any actor or actress that is consistently starring in a TV series, it's common sense. 

I mean Robb Stark, Joffrey Baratheon, Catelyn Stark, Oberyn, Ned Stark, Tywin Lannister are all taken away from Game of Thrones but its good writing and directing suffice to maintain its viewers.

What I'm trying to say is, Hotel suffered from its inappropriate content and writing as opposed to Jessica's departure, which is a contributing factor, but not that major as you deem. I think viewers are still willing to tune in for Gaga, Paulson and the rest of the cast.

Carmex
7 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I mean Robb Stark, Joffrey Baratheon, Catelyn Stark, Oberyn, Ned Stark, Tywin Lannister are all taken away from Game of Thrones but its good writing and directing suffice to maintain its viewers.

What I'm trying to say is, Hotel suffered from its inappropriate content and writing as opposed to Jessica's departure, which is a contributing factor, but not that major as you deem. I think viewers are still willing to tune in for Gaga, Paulson and the rest of the cast.

It's not just one factor, it's numerous factors. I never claimed Jessica held the show down, but she was consistent and the series depended on her (as well as other actors) for their main roles throughout the entire series up until Hotel, and that shift from Jessica to Gaga was upsetting to many.

But IA it has to do with good writing and directing, which AHS has lacked since Coven. But the show is known for its messy writing, storylines, and plot holes. 

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Carmex said:

It's not just one factor, it's numerous factors. I never claimed Jessica held the show down, but she was consistent and the series depended on her (as well as other actors) for their main roles throughout the entire series up until Hotel, and that shift from Jessica to Gaga was upsetting to many.

But IA it has to do with good writing and directing, which AHS has lacked since Coven. But the show is known for its messy writing, storylines, and plot holes. 

I loved Jessica's performance and obviously some Jessica fans were disappointed to know that she wasn't going to be in Hotel, but hey, Freak Show had Jessica too and we know Freak Show doesn't have a good reputation among AHS fans. So let's not say 'Jessica -> Gaga' was the reason why AHS turned some GP off. Gaga brought in new fans too, so like we have acknowledged, good writing and directing are essential to keep the fans and critics interested.

freebit
19 minutes ago, Carmex said:

That and the homosexual scenes. Soft homophobia still exists, and straight people still aren't accepting of seeing so much homosexuality on their favorite TV shows.

I agree to an extent, but if the season that followed Freak Show was a turnaround season starring Jessica, the GP would have easily been turned on again.

That is only a coulda/woulda/shoulda scenerio. Ratings took a big dive during Freak Show, so Jessica's presence isn't a guarantee of sudden ratings success. Streaming becoming more popular, iffy writing, nearly feature film-length episodes during a 10 PM time slot etc. are all things to consider rather than just Jessica leaving. 

Burger
1 hour ago, Mister Gaga said:

****hub was trending too :green: the expose is real :poot:

I swear, I feel like ****hub trends like every other week. Iconic.

monketsharona
1 hour ago, Carmex said:

People are over AHS, unless they bring back Jessica Lange or get rid of Gaga, it's viewers will be limited to mostly gay men.

I'm a mod on a French AHS group and I can tell you you are wrong ;) 

Helxig
1 hour ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I actually believe Ryan Murphy needs to tone down with his pro-gay agenda. He hires too many gay actors for this show.

Lady Gaga - gay icon

Sarah Paulson - lesbian

Matt Bomer - gay

Denis O'Hare - gay

Cheyenne Jackson - gay

Ryan Murphy - gay

the only straight people are Finn Wittrock, Wes Bentley, Chloe Sevigny, Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett (and Gaga too actually)

Sooo it's about half and half? And him showing that LGBTQ+ people can act different kinds of roles is bad? Or portraying LGBTQ+ people as well written, complex characters is bad? Why?

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

monketsharona

Honestly I don't think people don't give a F about who is gay on the show, I only learnt recently for Denis O'Hare and Sarah Paulson :yay:

Bradley
55 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Sooo it's about half and half? And him showing that LGBTQ+ people can act different kinds of roles is bad? Or portraying LGBTQ+ people as well written, complex characters is bad? Why?

You're right. Half-half is acceptable to me. I want a balance well struck between masculinity and femininity, I don't want it to look like Scream Queens. AHS is still okay now.

Archived