Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Will R&B/HipHops New Popularity Hurt LG5

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Twitter

I don't think it would harm LG5 but it would be nice to get a R&B synthpop track on the next album! :green:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel
11 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Love Me Harder

Style

Jealous

people keep saying Drake's We're Going Home started it but I legit don't hear the stuttering/pulsating bass from it :saladga:

Huh, yeah. I can get, like, the vibe from We're Going Home, but all of them sound much more blatantly DWUW.

3 points in and ready for more

Bradley

As long as the music sounds good, any genre can succeed.

A lot of people say EDM was the thing in 2012 and it's not anymore, yet This Is What You Came For is slaying.

Andrew Warhola
14 hours ago, Miel said:

Kinda OT, but this thread reminded me of it- did a lot of people notice a lot of songs sounded like DWUW after it was released? Was DWUW the progenitor of that, or nah?

It's, like, even when she's flopping, Gaga still weirdly has a lot of influence, whether directly or not.

This demo came out 7 months before DWUW was released. (You can look at the date on youtube)

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

Miel
1 minute ago, Andrew Warhola said:

The demo of this song came out 7 months before DWUW was released.

Ohh I remember that- it definitely influenced DWUW.

But I'm assuming that wasn't exactly popular? I'm thinking DWUW popularized it more, though not necessarily was the direct origin.

3 points in and ready for more

Brian Ryan

R&B did not make a comeback in mainstream culture and the Hot 100. Needed Me is trap/urban song. The last really huge R&B albums and songs came from Usher with Confessions and Mariah Carey with the Emanicipation of MIMI. The Grammys even know the difference between urban and R&B. She does not even sing in the song. Is it because she's black that it's R&B? It's clearly not R&B. My gawd. Stop lumping anything that black person whom sings as R&B. Put some respect on R&B.

This is R&B:

& Drake is not Hip Hop. well his Hip Hop material generally is not as successful as his pop/rap songs There's a difference between Rap and Hip Hop. One Dance is not Hip Hop. Rap has never left. Panda is rap. Search through the Hot 100 top 10s it's been here like always.

Brian Ryan
13 hours ago, HausOfNicole said:

I honestly wouldn't say R&B is popular at the moment. I would argue it hasn't been since the 90s in terms of Top 40 appeal. Hip-Hop isn't very popular either, not in the technical sense of the genre. Now dumb rap songs are a thing unfortunately, and certain Hip-Hop artist such as Drake are making a wave, but that's about it. Rhianna is a pop star that leans urban from time to time so she can secure a hit singing just about anything. 

I would say the current trend is still EDM mixed in with Dance hall leaning pop. I think Rock is due for a major Top 40 comeback so it would be nice to see Gaga leading the way with that. All and all Gaga will be fine no matter the trend of music. Adele, Gaga and countless of others have proved you don't need to follow what's trendy. 

Hope for humanity in terms of music is not lost :giveup:I'm glad someone here knows what the hell R&B and Hip Hop is...

Yuuri

Didn't Gaga kill any R&B careers when she rose up with The Fame? Pretty sure she can do that again.

Brian Ryan
11 minutes ago, Misaki said:

Didn't Gaga kill any R&B careers when she rose up with The Fame? Pretty sure she can do that again.

Nope

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, Miel said:

Huh, yeah. I can get, like, the vibe from We're Going Home, but all of them sound much more blatantly DWUW.

Exactly. The vibe is the same but the pulsating bass of DWUW is much more noticeble in the other songs.

Love Me Harder especially follows the same duet structure

Taylor Swift loved listening to ARTPOP and Style happened in 1989

Dr. Puke also tweeted about how dope DWUW was

Nick Jonas is a self-professed Gaga fan and Jealous had a bit of the stuttering bass as well

Even at her flop era, she's still making trends. I dont care what ATRL says. Yes, there is a preexisting psychedelic synth music that has 99% the exact same bass, but Gaga put it into mainstream and kicked started the trend.

Just like how other pop girls have dressed avant garde before and that Madonna and others did them before but not on the same level and frequency or in the same eras as Gaga did when she entered the game with the Fame

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Brian Ryan
5 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Exactly. The vibe is the same but the pulsating bass of DWUW is much more noticeble in the other songs.

Love Me Harder especially follows the same duet structure

Taylor Swift loved listening to ARTPOP and Style happened in 1989

Dr. Puke also tweeted about how dope DWUW was

Nick Jonas is a self-professed Gaga fan and Jealous had a bit of the stuttering bass as well

Even at her flop era, she's still making trends. I dont care what ATRL says. Yes, there is a preexisting psychedelic synth music tha has 99% the exact same bass, but Gaga put it into mainstream and kicked started the trend.

mariah-carey-sip.gif

What on Earth? Those songs sound nothing alike at ALL. :toofunny: The way you guys compare anything and everything that something Gaga does to even a song that lasted a couple of weeks. A song that did not even have a music video. :laughga:I might need to come back and reborn in 2008 and only listen to Gaga everyday and all day than listen to music. I think I could understand then. Maybe. No tea. No shade. I just don't see it at all. my gawd. lol

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, BrianxRyan said:

mariah-carey-sip.gif

What on Earth? Those songs sound nothing alike at ALL. :toofunny:

P U L S A T I N G B A S S

U

L

S

A

T

I

N

G

B

A

S

S

You can mesh the bridge of LMH to DWUW and vice verse flawlessly

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Brian Ryan
3 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

P U L S A T I N G B A S S

U

L

S

A

T

I

N

G

B

A

S

S

You can mesh the bridge of LMH to DWUW and vice verse flawlessly

I heard the first time. I did not need for you to go Fergie and spell out the words. Oh and I'm sure if that happened the songs would not have been popular no one's paying attention to that any way DWUW was not even that big of a song it could've been but it still came from a flop album I don't think people were taking notes.... just saying.

Brian Ryan
1 hour ago, Miel said:

:huh: Are we talking about Do What You Want by R. Kelly & Lady Gaga? Even We're Going Home sounds a little bit like those songs, but no.

Archived