Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Real talk. Is this the real issue with Gaga?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

PaperIz
6 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

I see. Thanks.

At least before ARTPOP we had all those crazy conspiracies to keep us busy lol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm too sleepy rn to reply to this for real, but i wanted to say this is a fantastic post & i think you hit the nail on the head :applause:

kiss kiss

freebit

I don't know if I would say the complaining and trepidation about this next album is tied to whether she's run out of things to say, but from what I see, most of the criticism seems to stem from fans who seem to be afraid of her moving on from her usual electropop sound & artsy-yet-candy-pop image that they originally fell in love with. It's understandable because it was great, and people have fond memories tied to all of that - those albums were the background music of a certain time in their lives and people want to hold onto it and have that feeling repeated over and over again.

So all in all, I think it's more of a fear of her releasing something that people don't like or want from her rather than her creativity running dry that disturbs people on here. 

ReidOne
7 minutes ago, Church said:

I'm too sleepy rn to reply to this for real, but i wanted to say this is a fantastic post & i think you hit the nail on the head :applause:

Thank you! 

Virgin Ryan
8 minutes ago, freebit said:

I don't know if I would say the complaining and trepidation about this next album is tied to whether she's run out of things to say, but from what I see, most of the criticism seems to stem from fans who seem to be afraid of her moving on from her usual electropop sound & artsy-yet-candy-pop image that they originally fell in love with. It's understandable because it was great, and people have fond memories tied to all of that - those albums were the background music of a certain time in their lives and people want to hold onto it and have that feeling repeated over and over again.

So all in all, I think it's more of a fear of her releasing something that people don't like or want from her rather than her creativity running dry that disturbs people on here. 

I get your point. I also do have fear regarding her next record a.k.a LG5. Because I really want to see her succeed this time and shut dem haters. It's a normal thing, when you wish someone you love succeed.

FRANK1991

LG5 isn't even out, what if it's creative AF

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Seeka
21 minutes ago, DeathofSamantha said:

Shady Lady! hahaha

I'll be here all week...

Procrastinating on all my work.

Not really. I plan on working on my pokemon stuff.

Tomorrow.

Whispering

The issue people here have is they need drama and/or they lack the maturity to be patient, see the bigger picture or separate their identity from the success of some pop star. 

sipthistea

She doesn't deserve fans who keep judging her all the time for what she's doing. If you don't like it, then go and find some artist who pleases every desire.

And why people keep making statements about things when she barely talks about the stuff she does? Hopefully she takes a longer time with that album. 

Katsuki Bakugo
18 minutes ago, Seeka said:

I'll be here all week...

Procrastinating on all my work.

Not really. I plan on working on my pokemon stuff.

Tomorrow.

Unlike me. I have all these deadlines to meet. so toodles till I can read everything you sent me properly and answer properly boo boo xx

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Seeka
1 minute ago, DeathofSamantha said:

Unlike me. I have all these deadlines to meet. so toodles till I can read everything you sent me properly and answer properly boo boo xx

It's okay. I can wait, haha.

Hopefully I'll have a job, and a life soon.

freebit
29 minutes ago, Virgin Ryan said:

I get your point. I also do have fear regarding her next record a.k.a LG5. Because I really want to see her succeed this time and shut dem haters. It's a normal thing, when you wish someone you love succeed.

Yeah, I can see that, and even I, a person who hates talking about charts, want her to find some sort of success with this next one, be it critical, or Billboard-related because she's so hardworking and she doesn't deserve all the stupid **** she got thrown at with AP (and cheap shade that publications still try to throw at her for it). 

Virgin Ryan
6 minutes ago, freebit said:

Yeah, I can see that, and even I, a person who hates talking about charts, want her to find some sort of success with this next one, be it critical, or Billboard-related because she's so hardworking and she doesn't deserve all the stupid **** she got thrown at with AP (and cheap shade that publications still try to throw at her for it). 

Absolutely agree :happy: I think it's so funny when they say gaga "flop" with AP numbers, meanwhile the other pop girls with same or even low numbers don't get the hate that gaga gets. Serving double standarts realness :grr:

ReidOne
2 minutes ago, Whispering said:

The issue people here have is they need drama and/or they lack the maturity to be patient, see the bigger picture or separate their identity from the success of some pop star. 

I'm not sure if this was directed towards my OP, but regardless, I did want to state that you and I are kindred spirits in our distaste for some of the craziness that gets posted up in this place! 

But, I want to share that my identity is absolutely in no way tied to the future success of a pop star. However, it is VERY much rooted in the past creative work of said pop star. Don't get me wrong, my self-worth and identity hold strong regardless of whether or not Lady Gaga ever existed in this world. But, because she did, and because of WHAT she did, I've clung to it and used it as a way to shine a light on the things I believe and the things that inspire and define me. There's not a single person who knows me who does not associate me with her, in some way. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It definitely does NOT mean that my self-worth is tied to her future success, but the things that she has achieved, the music she's recorded, the messages she's shared, the art she's created, the cultural dialogue she has incited, absolutely occupy a space within the tapestry that is my identity. It's not idol worship. But it is identification with a creative force that I feel expressed myself. A creative force that is rooted in a singular spiritual power that unites all of us.

It's a worthwhile discussion to explore the idea of whether or not that creative voice, that helped define us, is still among us. 

And yes, that ultimate "judgment" is premature at this stage. Because we've yet to hear her creative output. This post is to help us understand what is going on with us. Today. What is making us uncomfortable? 

It's clear that we have begun to speculate if the continued "creative" output of this artist will still be a reflection of the qualities that we feel define us. 

nativenewyorker

I don't think her choice to work with Mark Ronson was based solely on the potential commercial benefit. He is a New Yorker, loves a lot of the same music as Gaga, and has the same affinity for the whole '70s sex drugs and rock n roll era with respect for pop culture and pop music. To me their collaboration makes a lot of sense. It would be fair to say she's running to a hit-maker because she can't deliver on her own if it was someone like Max Martin or Benny Blanco, but not Mark.  

As for RedOne, its not unusual that she's working with him again. She's worked with him on 3/4 albums and he still had a hand in writing Gypsy on ARTPOP. It's not like she ditched him years ago then came crawling back, begging for him to recreate their old magic. Maybe she thinks he's right for some ideas she had for LG5 and called him up to see what they could do. Maybe Interscope suggested that they team up again because they want some insurance that LG5 will deliver at least one hit. The same could be said about her collaboration with Mark, we don't know.

Gaga doing all of these new projects that are unrelated to her own art or ideas doesn't mean she can't come up with a good idea. After ARTPOP and the backlash, I'd assume Bobby told her to take all the time she needs to recharge and take a breather, be a real person for awhile. She took this opportunity to live out some of her other dreams not related to pop music. She never really stops working so this is just a way to keep busy (and relevant) while she creates the next chapter of her career, LG5. 

Lets not jump to conclusions before we've heard any of the new music. If after listening the album, you feel like her well of creativity has run dry, that's perfectly fine. It's just too soon to say right now. As I said, Mark and RedOne are natural collaborators for her, not generic hit makers making her look desperate and out of ideas. The day she actually calls up a Max Martin or a Benny Blanco like every other mainstream pop star does, call me. 

Archived