Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Real talk. Is this the real issue with Gaga?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

I don't expect this to be a popular post, but I have to say it. 

Is the real issue that many Little Monsters currently have regarding their feelings towards Gaga rooted in the fear that Gaga has lost her creative spark

She is almost desperately clinging to "high profile" things that cement her relevance in our culture: Tony Bennett, Grammy wins, the Super Bowl, Oscar noms & performances, Golden Globes, hit TV series, political activism (domestic & international). 

While in and of themselves those are not bad things, there is one key element missing from the whole equation: original music

Now, it's too early to criticize Gaga for a lack of music. The time since ARTPOP is no longer of a duration than any other pop act of her caliber takes between projects. We know she's hard at work with her producers to bring forth LG5. But the devil is in the details... and in this case, are the devils RedOne and Mark Ronson? 

--- RedOne is the source of her breakthrough sound. She has returned to the well. 

--- Mark Ronson is arguably the most "credible" and most successful pop music producer alive right now (outside of Max Martin, who lacks the credibility of Ronson). But is her collaboration with him nothing more than a "sure thing" for a credible pop hit (that she doesn't have to write herself)? 

In other words, she seems to be seeking collaborators who still have the creative spark. But is that borne from her own struggle to find the creative spark within herself? The triumph that was "Venus" was simply Gaga going 100% on her own. I can only speak for myself, but that raw Gaga music is what I want most from her. It's what I come for. 

The major theme I see taking place among this fan community is a growing concern that Gaga's 8-year reign of non-stop creative inspiration has dried up. I really don't want to believe it's true, but it's time we faced facts. This fandom has become skeptical that Gaga "still has it." We fear that she may be destined to follow the footsteps of so, so, sooooo many white-hot pop acts before her who were unable to sustain the creative energy. 

And while the incessant posts about her being "distracted" from creating LG5 seem like we are being Little Managers / back seat drivers / Monday morning quarterbacks, it's a worthy callout. If you are in jeopardy of losing your creative spark, the pressures of keeping pace with the LA-based fame machine will certainly destroy any stillness and creative inspiration that could channel through you. Is she truly trading the "music" for the "bling" (fame)? 

This is not a hate or bashing post, but more a thought starter on why so many fans are concerned about what we are seeing. Sure, "on paper" Gaga is doing nothing wrong. She's even "winning back" the GP. But is the same creative brilliance still flowing through her the way it was from 2008-2013, which is what we are all here for? 

174344-lady-gaga-aux-brit-awards-2009-63

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Virgin Ryan

I hope that she is still the CreativeGa that we love. But what I do miss from her is her ambition and her determination to be the biggest pop star on the planet. Because that's the reason why I love and adore her. 

holy scheisse

im very interested in seeing what she produces with her next album

i think that ARTPOP was still creative it just ended up sounding a bit soulless which given the difference between the aura demo and the final, toned down vocals, i think the album ended up being more restrained in this way, thus holding back her creativity to a degree

i think lg5 will be great personally. i think she still has "it" in her

Reality

I don't think she's lost any sort of creative spark. She's still very much Gaga, and really, if anything, has just shown interest in other fields of art (AHS) and has even gone as far as to delve into politics, but of course, that isn't anything new. 

I'm sure LG5 will ignite the creative, social/political, and spiritual sides of her, that'll be interesting. We really just have to wait, but until then, we shouldn't judge her based of what she's doing in the public eye, for all we know, every minute we don't see her, she could be as creative as can be working on LG5.

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Virgin Ryan
Just now, M Monstre said:

I don't think she's lost any sort of creative spark. She's still very much Gaga, and really, if anything, has just shown interest in other fields of art (AHS) and has even gone as far as to delve into politics, but of course, that isn't anything new. 

I'm sure LG5 will ignite the creative, social/political, and spiritual sides of her, that'll be interesting. We really just have to wait, but until then, we shouldn't judge her based of what she's doing in the public eye, for all we know, every minute we don't see her, she could be as creative as can be working on LG5.

You are right. Waiting is believing

Pablo

She's turning 30 which is a big milestone for anyone. She's worked so hard to be where she is and I'm sure she's strategizing how to remain successful 

Don't visit my profile

LebaneseDude

I wasn't here during the ARTPOP era. Is it always so maudlin here before her next release? There are so many threads expressing concern over her "losing herself".

Is it difficult to grasp that she's changed over time? People do that.

Not dismissing your concerns but we haven't even seen her works to claim any objective reasoning regarding loss of creativity. 

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

Seeka

You know, you could spend some of the time writing these threads into writing a great novel.

ReidOne
1 minute ago, Seeka said:

You know, you could spend some of the time writing these threads into writing a great novel.

Fair point. I've considered it lol. 

PaperIz
3 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

I wasn't here during the ARTPOP era. Is it always so maudlin here before her next release? There are so many threads expressing concern over her "losing herself".

Is it difficult to grasp that she's changed over time? People do that.

Not dismissing your concerns but we haven't even seen her works to claim any objective reasoning regarding loss of creativity. 

It was a huge mess before ARTPOP. But I don't think it was this bad in terms of people like disbelieving in her

LebaneseDude
Just now, PaperIz said:

It was a huge mess before ARTPOP. But I don't think it was this bad in terms of people like disbelieving in her

I see. Thanks.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

Katsuki Bakugo
6 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Shady Lady! hahaha

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Alphaz

I can't comment on this at the moment

because I haven't seen/heard the result

I'll judge when LG5 comes, but I still think she can make great music

because I like ARTPOP

Archived