Slayer

What is LG4?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What is LG4?

• ARTPOP
    • Cheek to Cheek

Featured Posts

HEARTHUNTER

I think it's obvious that ARTPOP is LG4 and the next album is LG5, what even is this thread :air:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slayer
Just now, T E A said:

keep making the public that is GGD pressed! you are the artist of this thread: THEY CAN'T DEFINE YOU! :firega:

Tbf I'm just playing devil's advocate, I haven't decided which way I'd vote. :laughga:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Bolkins

I think TFM is considered a stand alone album by most but its an EP of TF, thats how it was originally put across when it was released and thats how it is still categorised. I think because it became so key in Gaga's career it was upgraded to a stand alone album as a mark of respect to how defining it was. 

Opinion: LG2= TFM

Reality: LG2= BTW

"Born This Way is the second studio album by American singer Lady Gaga, released by Interscope Records on May 23, 2011. It is a follow-up to her internationally successful album The Fame (2008) and EP The Fame Monster (2009)" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_This_Way_(album) 

The confusion lays with the rules of how this counting is done, whoever made up this way to count peoples albums needed to be clear as to wether or not EPs are considered a number. Lets find them and demand they clear this mess up once and for all :grr:

crisTEAne
6 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Gaga can say that it's a burger, but technically The Fame Monster is an EP.

you can say you studied a lot but still fail an exam. you can't do anything because the teacher is the artist of the exam and you, the student, are the public. it's the artist's words that matter. :hor: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, T E A said:

you can say you studied a lot but still fail an exam. you can't do anything because the teacher is the artist of the exam and you, the student, are the public. it's the artist's words that matter. :hor: 

metaphorically speaking.. I failed, nothing else matters.... 

Can we all put this codes and numbers aside and just appreciate her albums? :giveup: Just enjoy the music! #stopthedramastartthemusic  :icega:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

dek0de

"According to the Recording Industry Association of America, an EP is defined as containing three to five songs or under 30 minutes..."

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_play

The Fame Monster is 8 songs totalling 34:09 mins in length therefore it's an album, making LG4 - ARTPOP

Goodbye and close thread!:gaycat:

Seeka

The reality is that technically, Gaga's next album is LG5. CtC is a collab album, and is more of Tony's baby than Gaga's.

Canon and Fanon clash over reality though.

The Fame Monster EP is both standalone and an extension of The Fame.

HOWEVER, due to the Fame Monster's immense success and how it's longer than most EPs (most eps I've seen are 3-6 on average) most of the fandom (alongside Gaga) see it as its own album.

Most people go with fanon, and so does the GP, honestly. People don't know what makes an album different from an ep, other than the amount of songs. and The Fame Monster is like... 1-4 songs away from being an actual album.

untitled
38 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

how gaga refers to TFM and what TFM actually is are both different things...

For Gaga it's LP, but technically it's an EP.

The f*cking end.

How?

"According to the Recording Industry Association of America, an EP is defined as containing three to five songs or under 30 minutes, whereas a single is allowed to contain up to four songs."

"In the United Kingdom, any record with more than four distinct tracks or with a playing time of more than 25 minutes is classified as an album for sales-chart purposes. If priced as a single, they will not qualify for the main album chart but can appear in the separate Budget Albums chart."

"An intermediate format between EPs and full-length LPs is the mini-LP, which was a common album format in the 1980s. These generally contained 20–30 minutes of music."

The Fame Monster consists of 8 tracks making the running time 34:09. This surpasses all the definitions of an EP.

VeO3V.gif

💋 Lead Me to War With Your Brilliant Erection 🚬

ryanripley

i can't believe ya'll a full on debating over an album number :saladga:

close this :v:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, Muumisarvinen said:

How?

"According to the Recording Industry Association of America, an EP is defined as containing three to five songs or under 30 minutes, whereas a single is allowed to contain up to four songs."

"In the United Kingdom, any record with more than four distinct tracks or with a playing time of more than 25 minutes is classified as an album for sales-chart purposes. If priced as a single, they will not qualify for the main album chart but can appear in the separate Budget Albums chart."

"An intermediate format between EPs and full-length LPs is the mini-LP, which was a common album format in the 1980s. These generally contained 20–30 minutes of music."

The Fame Monster consists of 8 tracks making the running time 34:09. This surpasses all the definitions of an EP.

VeO3V.gif

it's a mystery

dek0de
14 minutes ago, Muumisarvinen said:

How?

VeO3V.gif

Great minds do think alike or maybe not... :hor:

KURUSHITOVSKA
33 minutes ago, koca said:

"According to the Recording Industry Association of America, an EP is defined as containing three to five songs or under 30 minutes..."

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_play

The Fame Monster is 8 songs totalling 34:09 mins in length therefore it's an album, making LG4 - ARTPOP

Goodbye and close thread!:gaycat:

I came here to say this. Y'all learn it.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Runway

TFM wouldn't even be considered an LP if it wasnt so successful lbr, so it actually is an EP.

I mean, are Complete Confection, Re-Classified and The Re-Up albums? :air: 

Archived