rumor

Gaga's career in China is basically over

politicqxs

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

"Account suspended" when I click that image :giveup: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GloZell Green
1 minute ago, malazam said:

Who needs China when you have Japan

Who needs Hong Kong when you have Saitama

:v:

True. She got $18,339,701 from there :v:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Sudarshana

Does China have political power over Hong Kong though? I think it doesn't.

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

Gaga Monster
Just now, Sudarshana said:

Does China have political power over Hong Kong though? I think it doesn't.

It doesn't. They are like two separate countries.

GGD Presidential Elections

malazam
Just now, GloZell Green said:

True. She got $18,339,701 from there :v:

with one less date :v:

another shot before we kiss the other side

jezze0410

Being from Hong Kong, I foresee this being a big issue in the Hong Kong media when she does tour the region. While China doesn't usually interfere in such trivial domestic affairs, there is a great deal of resentment over its increased presence, so it would be interesting to see how local concert organisers will deal with this.

Sudarshana
40 minutes ago, Licq said:

Pop star Selena Gomez has quietly canceled her August tour dates in Guangzhou and Shanghai, if rumors are to be believed she was forced to do so by the Chinese government, and not just because they don't like her music.

the shade though

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

Bad Bromance
Just now, GloZell Green said:

Whatever, I'm sorry but China is not a huge factor in her sales. What I'm worried about is her tour, Hong Kong gave her 7 million for the BTWB tour gross, but I'm sure she can find other places.

This right here!  I feel the same way you do, babe.  

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

chiuga
28 minutes ago, GloZell Green said:

Whatever, I'm sorry but China is not a huge factor in her sales. What I'm worried about is her tour, Hong Kong gave her 7 million for the BTWB tour gross, but I'm sure she can find other places.

HK runs a different political and economic system and won't be affected by the decision of China out of this

33 minutes ago, 420 said:

People there will probably pirate it anyway. :v:

Why does Chinese people hate Tibet so much?

I remember when Bjork shouted "Tibet!" in her concert and everyone booed her. Is it that bad?

because China is a legitimate 21st century empire with 3 huge chunks of it belonging to subjugated nations and Tibet, being one of them, likes to remind the rest of the world that despite economically supporting them China needs to back off.

Judas Oyster

"Gaga's Career In China Is Basically Over"

but it's about Selena. What's the link I'm apparently missing?

weed
2 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

"Gaga's Career In China Is Basically Over"

but it's about Selena. What's the link I'm apparently missing?

Selena was banned for the slightest connection to the Dalai Lama, and Gaga is giving a speech with him, so you can assume Gaga will be banned from China.

Judas Oyster
1 minute ago, neptugne said:

Selena was banned for the slightest connection to the Dalai Lama, and Gaga is giving a speech with him, so you can assume Gaga will be banned from China.

Oh, thanks! But it's about respect to his rules/or what not. I guess Gaga will respect and honor him, she's a smart girl. Selena was looking into his eyes, which is apparently inappropriate :hmm:

weed
Just now, Judas Oyster said:

Oh, thanks! But it's about respect to his rules. I guess Gaga will respect and honor him, she's a smart girl. Selena was looking into his eyes, which is apparently inappropriate :hmm:

but China doesn't like the Dalai Lama lol so if she disrespected him maybe they'd welcome her hahaha

Bad Bromance
Just now, neptugne said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much because if I'm not mistaking, China has no jurisdiction over Hong Kong since it operates as an independent state.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived